CHP 1

The Wedding Planner

“Welcome to Pink Wedding Planner, I’m Kim Namjoo.” Namjoo stood up and bowed when she saw a guest coming into her office.

The guest bowed as well before taking Namjoo’s hand to shake. “Miss Kim, I’m Park Chorong. We talked on the phone before.” She introduced herself warmly.

“Oh Miss Park! Yes yes. Great to finally meet you.” Namjoo gestured her guest to take a seat on the couch next to her. “So, what can I do for you?”

“Like what I have told you before, my fiancée and I are planning to get married and hold the wedding in the next 6 months, but we don’t really know where to start let alone handling everything in our own hands.” The client explained.

Namjoo smiled. “Right. That is why we are exist.” She chuckled. She had met many couples with least experience like Chorong before. “May I know how far did you get for your wedding?”

Chorong tried to remember what are the things she had successfully accomplished for her big day. “So far, we’ve booked the venue since it would be hard to book less than 6 months, I also have contacted several wedding dress makers and caterers, but I still need your professional opinion.”

Namjoo was quite surprised that her new client had prepared that much. “That’s pretty good actually. Uhh… May I know who your fiancée is?”

Chorong smiled. “Oh yeah. I’m sorry I came here alone, since she’s busy with her work. But uhm… You may know her, her name is Jung Eunji.”

Namjoo snapped her fingers when she heard the fiancée’s name. “Ah right… That is why your face is so familiar. You are the Park Chorong.”

Chorong awkwardly grinned.

“Before we continue to the planning, we might have to meet you both to basically get to know to your personalities, your needs, basically everything.”

“I can arrange the time.”

“That would be great.” Namjoo smiled. “But since you and Miss Jung are such high profile figures, I’m afraid, I cannot be your wedding planner, but my senior will.”

“We’re fine with anyone.” Chorong nodded in understanding. Since she dated Eunji, those kinds of treatment were her everyday’s meals.

“I know, but it’s just how our company works.” Namjoo stood up. “I will call my senior to talk to you more, is that okay Miss Park?”

“Sure.”

***

Namjoo went in after knocking on Bomi’s office doorframe several times. She saw her senior was working on her laptop so she called out. “Bomi Unnie…”

Bomi looked up. “Yeah?”

“This is Miss Park that I told you about.” Namjoo showed the person standing not far behind her.

“Ah yes. Thank you, Namjoo-yah.” Bomi stood up and straightened her blazer. “Hello Miss Park, pleasure to know you. My name is Yoon Bomi. I’ll be the one who help you with your wedding arrangement.” The young wedding planner held out her hand while smiling.

Chorong shook the hand and beamed. “Park Chorong, nice to meet you, Miss Yoon.”

“You can call me Bomi. Since we’re going to work together for the next few months, I think it would be better to be as comfortable as friend, don’t you think?” The planner showed her kind smile.

“Of course. You can call me Chorong too.”

“Deal, Chorong-ssi.” Bomi gestured Chorong on the empty seat to sit across her desk. “Namjoo has informed me a bit about you and your fiancée and to be honest I did a little googling about your fiancée. I have never been felt like a stalker before.” She chuckled.

Chorong chuckled too.

Bomi clasped her hands together as she sat down on her seat. “Before going into the details, why don’t you tell me about yourself? What do you like to do, what’s your occupation, those things…”

“Uhh…” Chorong scratched her head. She wasn’t exactly the extroverted person.

“We can do this over coffee if you want.”

“That would help I think.”

“Okay, let’s go. My treat.”

***

“Hapkido?” Bomi asked in surprise after she heard Chorong’s activity in the leisure time. She never once dig that her feminine client was one of the people she should be afraid of.

Chorong grinned. “Yes, Hapkido. 3rd degree black belt.”

“Wow. That is scary. I have never met such a scary bride. I shall do my best to get your wedding successful, don’t want my to get kicked by you.” The two laughed. “But I learned martial arts too, but not Hapkido.”

“Really? What is it?”

“Taekwondo. Maybe we can have sparing time.”

“Sure.”

“Anyway, how long have you been together with Eunji-ssi again? 3 years?”

“2 and a half. But she has been my best friend since we were in High School, so I have known her for... 10 years.” Chorong couldn’t continue her conversation because her phone suddenly rang. “Excuse me, it’s Eunji.” Chorong grinned before walking a bit further from their table to take the phone.

Bomi smiled, her eyes followed Chorong until the latter stop her tracks and put the phone on her ear. One more beauty is taken. She shook her head and tried to focus. She then took out her phone to take notes about her newest client.

“I’m sorry, mandatory check.” Chorong grinned and sat back on her seat.

“I understand.” Bomi nodded. “So what wedding theme do you want to have?”

“Eunji and I are not that theatrical nor dramatic, we like simple things. Simple wedding. But I really want to have a garden party.”

“Okay. Noted.” Bomi typed the information down on her phone. “So you are a songwriter who’s also a kickass Hapkido master who love hiking. You are engaged to The Jung Eunji. And you want a classic outdoor wedding. Am I right?”

“Yes.”

Bomi grinned. “So I think I have a quite adequate information about you. Next meeting maybe you can include your fiancée?”

“Of course, Bomi-ssi.”

“I’ll see you soon, Chorong-ssi.” Bomi then remembered that she had to give her new client her business card. She scribbled something on her card. “That is my personal number so you and your fiancée can get my reply fast.”

“Whoa, thank you very much Bomi-ssi.”

“My pleasure.”

***

“How’s the meeting with the wedding planner?” Said Eunji while slipping under the blanket beside Chorong. She had just done drying her hair and all she wanted to do was cuddled with her fiancée that she had been missing all day.

“Everything went well and they wanted to meet you. I mean both of us.” Chorong moved to snuggle against her fiancée.

“Why?”

“So that they will know what we both want.”

“But I only want you.”

“Aww Baby…” The older girl beamed as she kissed the said fiancée. “But really, I think it’s good. Though at the end you’re going to fulfill my every wish, I think it’s good to meet them.”

Eunji exhaled. “Okay. I’ll empty my time slot for you.”

“Thank you.” Chorong pecked Eunji’s lips lightly. “Oh! I almost forgot! Where’s your phone?”

Eunji took her phone and handed to her wife-to-be. “Here.”

Chorong unlocked it and quickly saved a number on it. “This is Yoon Bomi’s number. Our wedding planner.”

“O…kay.”

“Alright. Night, Babe.”

***