Six

A lfe which I love to hate (Not)

"Hey Hope? You wouldn't mind hearing problems, right?"

"Tae, you know how much I hate problems! So, what's up?"

"First, you're complaining, then you agreed to help?!!?!"

"Well, I am your hope", he grinned.

"Anyway, I want to know if my family actually knows I'm missing-"

My phone somehow rang (I brought it with me these whole time.How I managed to do it shall remain a mystery) and I didn't bother to checking who on earth would be calling in this time of day while picking it up as I held it close to my ear,"yeah?"

"DON'T YEAH ME! I'M YOUR MOTHER FOR GODS SAKE!!, mom screaming at the end of the line which made the whole atmosphere flinched.

"Uh..hi mom!" "KIM TAEHYUNG, WHERE ON EARTH ARE YOU???! YOU'RE NOT AT SCHOOL! DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE SKIPPING SCHOOL YOUNG MAN OR SO HELP ME I WILL GROUND YOU FOR A MONTH, UNDERSTAND?! So tell me"

HOW IS THERE A CONNECTION HERE?!

Damn.

"Mom, I-"

"/sighs/ At least get home, okay?"

"Yes mom. I know.."

"Where are you?"

"Well I got-"

"ARE YOU KIDNAPPED??!"

"Nono I was just-"

"STAY PUT! OH MY POOR BABY! I'LL CALL THE POLICE AND-"

"MOM!"

"I know.. I'm overreacting... Tae...we're planning to send you abroad"

"What?!"

"It's a great opportunity for you" I trudged to a corner for more privacy, ignoring the watches placed on me as mom explained to me the whole concept.

"I don't know mom..."

"It's for your own good.. LOVE YOU HONEY!!"

"Too loud!"

"Okay okay", chuckles,"see you at home"

"Wait-"

Before I could protest, she hung up on me. I could see Hoseok snickering behind me as he approaches probably to ridicule me. That is before Haeri tapped my shoulder, giving me a dazzling smile in return as she held my arm closely. Ever since we shared our interests we would usually hang out with each other. "Lets go", giving me her famous smile as she gave my sleeve a slight pull.

"I THOUGHT YOU SAID SHE IS NOT TAKEN!!!", he practically screamed through the hallways making his voice echoed in favour.

. . .

We talked about a lot things. It came out quite a shock to her to know I was adopted which she quickly learnt that I was found in a park when my parents were coincidentally walked through there and later found me, crying. She told me about her parents in exchange. I found out they were slaughtered mercilessly. She tod me how their bodies were found nailed to the wall. Yes, nailed, puncturing their flesh and bones as pool of bloods were left behind. The memories they shared are just fragments of a broken mirror, trying to conceal its ruins with something clearly impossible. We talked a bit more and then we called it quits let it be tomorrow. Thie place had been giving more questions than ever for me to solve. Especially about the royal family themselves.

"Tae! Your mom called!" (hoseok) Great.