Her pride

Pride

 

 
It was just another live performance of their duet, after a year maybe? Everyone can see the awkwardness. Comparisons have come up and even the members liked their old performances better. Maybe because it has been a long time that's why the outcome of the performance was not like before - more eye contacts, smiling and explosion of chemistry. One probable reason of the awkwardness are the photoshopped pictures of them that was shown at the background. Though it was a bit messy and not that neat, it still give shivers to every fans. It seems real, very creepy - how Jessica would describe those pictures after she saw it during the rehearsals. 
 
"I think it's cute!" Tiffany would exclaim which only made Jessica hide her smile. Jessica did liked it, but would only deny it to herself after having a small stupid talk with him. 
 
 
 
"What's with Sunyoung?" Jessica suddenly blurted out in the middle of awkward silence. She has always addresses Luna as Sunyoung every time she and Onew would talk about her. 
 
"What's with her?" Onew responded back with a questioning eyes. Jessica just rolled her eyes and breathed heavily. 
 
"Eh, someone's jealous?" Onew flashed her a smile and started tickling her on her sides. 
 
"Stop that" Jessica had a quick hold on his wrist and gave him an ice cold stare. Onew froze stiff and gulped. He can see the pain in his girlfriend's eyes. The jealousy, the anger and the way she misses him so much. 
 
"Nothing" Onew said. There was really nothing between them. Onew only sees Luna as a little sister whom he had a lot of fun times together. Their duets doesn't really mean a lot to him, it feels like he is only singing with his sister for a requirement. "She is just like a sister to me" He continued. 
 
Letting go of Onew's wrist, Jessica turned her back at him without saying anything. 
 
"Silent treatment?" Onew moved his face near her, trying to make her laugh with the silly expressions he have been doing on his beautiful bright face. 
 
Jessica pushed him a little in the shoulders with her cold hands, giving him a rolling eyeball. Onew gave up and started being half-serious.
 
"Oh c'mon, Sooyeon-ah, we have no other relationship other than being friends. We will sing our song again, let's just think about that now, okay?" Onew tried to change the topic but still no effect on Jessica. 
 
They are always talking or texting on the phone, but what makes Jessica jealous is that, the public only sees Luna-Onew, seems like no more Jessica-Onew, which is the real couple in real life. She already wants to spread in the whole world that her boyfriend is Lee Jinki, the leader of SHINee. She wants them to know that he is hers but that is impossible for their carreer might be affected. 
 
She wants to tell Onew that but she can't. No words comes out of . "Sooyeon..." Onew whispered gently as he held her hand. 
 
Jessica bit her lower lip and wants to yell at his face - or just hug him tight. But her pride just keeps on eating her up. She hates her pride, and she hates her guts. 
 
Silence filled the room until the tall members of SNSD came inside, telling Jessica that they should get going after greeting Onew. 
 
Jessica left without a word - the members wondered why. They knew about the relationship but they never expected Jessica to just leave right there in a snap without even hugging Onew or kissing him on the cheeks. They already sense that there's something wrong. 
 
On the way home they tried asking Jessica about it but she was just on a full ice princess mode - earphones in, ears pretending not to hear anything, eyes and mouth shut. 
 
 
 
Stupid, Jessica told herself. She shouldn't be feeling like this in the middle of recording and a live performance. She can sense Onew loooking at her but she can't look at him. She just focused on singing and just looked anywhere expect his eyes. She froze inside when Onew stood near her. She just wished that this song would end soon. The blending and their angelic voices, they really are good together, but the chemistry, the lack chemistry in this performance. 
 
Jessica immediately walks out of the stage right after the song ended. Onew tried to catch on her but she has to prepare for another performance. Onew can only sigh and hope that everything would come back again. He misses her. He hates the fact that he is the only one looking at her while singing. He wished that they would be like the picture flashed behind them, smiling and are only sticking at each other. 
 
"Hyung, what's wrong with Jessica noona?" Jonghyun asked right away after watching the performance at the small TV inside the dressing room. He and the other memebers have always loved Onew and Jessica's performances, but not this one. 
 
"Yeah, what's up with your performance? Can't feel the chemistry!" Key bluntly exclaimed. Onew just gave them an assuring smile that nothing wrong. "She's just tired" He said. 
 
Jonghyun believes it except Key who is really close with Jessica. He knew something is wrong so he grabbed Onew and decided to have small silent talk outside the dressing room. "She's mad at you, aren't she?" 
 
Onew frowns. Guessing that it's also good to have a serious and real conversation with the younger boy who has been like a mother to them. "I don't know. All I know is, she's jealous..." Onew answered.
 
"Jealous? Let me guess, it's either with Luna or with Seungyeon" Key had an intellegent guess. He knew that a lot of fans ships Onew with those girls. Thinking that it's really weird and inappropriate when his hyung already has a girlfriend. But hey, the public doesn't know about their relationship.
 
"Luna" Onew whispered. Key had a mother-like sigh and shook his head to the beat of his unending tsk
 
"Talk to her" Key suggested. "I already did but she won't believe me." Onew responded. 
 
Key can see a very disappointed Onew in front of him and tap his hyung's shoulder and gave him an assuring look. "As I have known of Jessica, I disagree with you." He said. Which only makes Onew confused and feel a little betrayed. "I think she believes you, it's just that...her pride...you know? Girls?" 
 
Onew smiled at the remark. Thinking that the younger boy might be a little right. "It only proves that she loves you and doesn't want to lose you to another girl whom she loves a lot too" Key added to make Onew feel a little much better.
 
His hyung gave him a bright smile and thanked him. "Everything will be alright again, do something, you have to melt her again. Tell her some of your cheesy lines...or even your jokes. She loves them, I can see that. Tell the world the she is the only girl you have your eyes on, if that's possible" With that, Onew felt more confident and decided to do what Key has suggested. 
 
After a long recording in the studio, everybody was preparing to go home, except Onew who is having a hard time going inside SNSD's dressing room. He was just standing in front of the door, still aiming his fists at it but couldn't even knock a little until Sooyoung, with a lot of food in her hands saw Onew - feeling like he is in a really good timing when she needs someone to open the door for her. 
 
"Onew-sshi, what are you doing here? Trying to make things better with Jessica?" Sooyoung suddenly speaks out loud which made Onew a little uncomfortable. 
 
"Did she mention anything to you? Did she tell you guys about it?" Onew asked, hoping to know Jessica's thoughts from Sooyoung. Unfortunately, she shook her head and said "No"
 
He sighed. He really wanted to make things better now. He missed her so much already. It feels different. 
 
"Can you please open the door for me, as you can see I have a lot of stuffs in my hands. And you can enter as well and talk to Jessica." Thank you - Onew thought in his mind. He smiled at her and opened the door. After Sooyoung entered, he slowly showed up, which Jessica didn't even noticed because she had her eyes shut as the stylist remove some of her make up and unnecessary  things in her hair.
 
The members were kind of a little shock to see Onew suddenly popping out of nowhere behind the tall girl. Sooyoung pointed out to Jessica which made the members understand why SHINee's leader is inside their dressing room. 
 
Everybody became quiet. Jessica didn't noticed again until the stylist stopped doing her job and Onew's voice started filling the room, singing Quasimodo.
 
I love you, if it’s a place, where I can just watch you because you’re my everything
 
I stay up for so many nights when the starlight becomes rain that doesn’t stop like my tears. Remember that I loved you...
 
Jessica slowly opened her eyes and turned around to see Onew smiling at her, the staffs smiling at them and the members mesmerizing the moment. 
 
Jessica wants to smile, giggle, run and hug him. But she can't. She doesn't want to. Onew is still smiling. Silence still fill the room until Taeyeon butted in, "Ya Jung Soo Yeon! Swallow your pride!" Everybody agreed with Taeyeon and started telling Jessica a lot of things, like - go and hug him, forgive him, go and reconcile! 
 
Onew did what he has done in Night Star when SNSD guested. He gave Jessica a smile and signaled her to come to him.
 
Jessica wants everything to come back again from what it has been, she misses him so much and regretted to open up that certain topic. She hated herself being jealous when she knows herself that Onew only loves her, no one else
 
Onew is already tired of waiting. He quickly walks over to Jessica, grabbed her by the hand, made her stand and hugged her tightly so she won't let go. He kissed her cheeks and gently whispered the words "I'm sorry. You know that you are the only one I love. I love you Jung Soo Yeon"
 
Jessica was struggling to be free from the hug at first but after being kissed by his tofu boyfriend, she stopped and finally smiled. "I'm sorry for being jealous when I shouldn't be. And yeah, I know that. I love you too Lee Jinki" She whispered in his ears and hugged back. 
 
Everybody in the room was wailing and and cheering for the two. And everyone outside who keeps on passing by the SNSD dressing room wonder why seems like a party was being held inside. 
 
--
FIN.