Remember

Remember [Baekhyun]

I glanced down the window watching the little kids play. I was a tad bored at work, but watching the kids run around playing tag with smiles on their face, brought a smile on my face.It reminded me of Y/N and I, when we were young and carefree. Chasing each other felt like a lifetime, even now… I’m still chasing her. And even now, she’s still running away. 


“Baekhyun,” she asked me as we laid down on the soft green grass, admiring the starry night. The night was beautiful and airy, not a sound from the busy traffic where we were at. Just complete silence and the sounds of our breathing. I, who was busy all the time, decided to spend some time with y/n. I was dumb back then. I took her for granted as if she was an object to show around. I didn’t want it to be that way… so I started to take time off to spend quality time to get to know her even better. I turned to her, kissing her head. She was playing with my fingers as she laid her head on my arm as a pillow.
“Hm?” 


“Do you ever want to have kids with me?” Her voice seemed a bit embarrassed by just asking the question. 

“What kind of question is that?” I chuckled at her. She must have seriously thought about it to ask me.
 

“Answer it.” She scoffed as she nudged me in retaliation.
 

“Of course.”
 

“How many do you want? What gender? What age?” She started to give me rows of questions about kids all at once.
 

“Darling, if you aren’t ready, I’m not ready.”
 

“It’s not that, It’s just that… I’ve been wanting one.”
 

“What?” I poked her cheek, “How cute.”
 

“You see, I been contemplating what names to give them and when we should have them. I want a boy and a girl. The boy will be named Kai and the girl will be named Yoona. Does that sound good?” She turned to face me with her innocent expression on her face.
 

The wind blew our way and I moved her hair out of her eyes, tucking them behind her ears, “I want two boys and a girl. So, our little girl can be protected by her big brothers.”
 

“Do you think I can handle three?” she points to her stomach and I kiss her forehead, laughing.
 

“I’ll handle them.”
 

“You better,” She snuggles herself closer to me.
 

I laugh to myself and one of my coworkers noticed and threw a paper ball at me.
 

“What’s so funny, Baekhyun?”
 

“Nothing, just the kids down there on the playground. They are cute.” I pointed at the window.
 

“That reminds me, did you see the letter I sent you?” She twiddled her thumbs.
 

I looked at the garbage beside me with the crumpled up letter, “Sorry. I didn’t.” But I didn’t even tried to hid the lie in my voice. She knew immediately where that letter went.
 

“Listen, how come you don’t like me?” Tiffany asks me as she stood up, a bit upset.
 

“Sorry, but y/n is still with me.”
 

“But sh-,” she started to say, but I shook my head.
 

“Don’t stay anything or I won’t talk to ever again.”
 

“Fine, I just wanted to let you know that today we have that important meeting,” she sat back down in her seat disappointed.
 

“I can’t. I have something more important to tend to.”
 

“What is that?”
 

“I can’t tell you.” I got up, grabbed my coat, and left the office.
 

I remembered that Y/N tend to like baby’s breath flowers… maybe I should get a mixture of colors. She loved the aesthetics of how it looked in the house. I decided to walk today, it was a nice day. There was no clouds in the sky and the wind blew lightly against my skin. It wasn’t too cold, neither too hot. It was just perfect.
 

Entering the flower shop with a grin on my face, I looked around for the perfect bouquet of flowers. I wasn’t good on choosing flowers or making it in a wonderful decoration to give to someone. Luckily a woman tapped my shoulder and asked if I needed any help.
 

“Could you make me a wonderful bouquet full of colorful baby breaths? Make it somewhat romantic, too? It’s my wife’s birthday.”
 

“Of course. You can wait by the cashier counter and I’ll be done in a minute,” she pointed to the front desk.
 

I walked up to the front and stood there, tapping my foot to keep me busy. My eyes wandered the store until I saw a single sunflower on the display.
 

“Baekhyun, did you want ham on your sandwich?” I could hear her voice slightly getting a bit upset. Where was I? I was too busy to answer back. I was working day and night on a project surrounding the economy and how that evolved around the government in different countries.
 

“Baekhun!” She yelled out with a bit of anger in her tone, but she tried her best to be patient.
 

“Yes!” I answered anyways so she wouldn’t get upset.
 

She knocks my door in seconds with a finished sandwich and she sets it by my laptop. Kissing me on the forehead, I could feel the warmth and love from it. That’s why I loved her kisses, she makes my heart jump a thousand times before it can settle.She leans on my desk and I turn myself to gaze at her. I grabbed her waist and hugged her tightly.

“Thanks, I know I’ve been busy…” I trailed off with small laugh.
 

“But?” She waited for the next part of my sentence as she played with my hair. Twirling a strand of hair several times and then letting it go.I separated our embrace for a bit and grabbed a single sunflower beside me. She smiled at the small present. She had a thing for small gifts, I can’t forget about that.

“Here, I thought you would like it. I picked it up as I went to get some groceries.”
 

She takes it and smells it, “I love it. I’m glad you got me something other than roses. I always thought roses were kind of overrated.”
 

I wrap my arms around her again, taking in the lavender smell she always smelt like.“You know what?” I pointed at the sunflower as the lady got the bouquet ready for me.
 

“Yes?” She looked at the sunflower.
 

“I’ll take that, too. Separate.”
 

“Okay,” she said grabbing the sunflower and t it.
 

I stepped outside the flower shop sniffing the flowers. She would love them.
What’s a birthday without a cake? Cheesecake as a matter of fact. She never did like the traditional cakes. Was that weird? I thought it was weird. Everyone did. But it was her. The cake shop was close to the area that I usually meet up Y/N, so that meant I was sure enough not to be late. She would be very upset with me, but at least I showed up. I walked in the sweet cake shop, smelling the freshly baked cakes and admiring the artistic pastries in the window.

 

“Hello, sir.” The cashier stood ready by the cakes.
 

“Hello, one cheesecake. And can you put the words, ‘Happy Birthday, Y/N.’ on it?”


“Of course,” he takes a cheesecake out the displays and starts to write her name in pink icing.
 

Cheesecake. I remembered the last time we had it. On my birthday actually. I wasn’t one for cheesecake, but she planned everything like how I am doing the same thing at the moment. I was exhausted from work, but she made the time to make my favorite meal. We watched a movie and played a board game which turned out more fun than I thought it would be. Once it was time for bed, she took out cheesecake from the fridge and lit the candle.


I quickly wished that we would stay forever together. I thought it was over when I started to slice the cake. No. It wasn’t over.
She surprised me with a silver watch. The one I’ve been eyeing every time we passed by the window at the mall. How kind of Y/N to remember actually. I remembered fawning over it and hugging her with happiness.

 

“Here you go, sir.” The cashier handed me the cake and I slid my credit card to pay. I looked at my watch to see the time. There was a crack on it… I forgotten. I cracked it some time ago and I’ve been meaning to get it fixed. I just don’t have the heart to replace a watch that Y/N originally bought for me.


2:21.


I was late.


She’s probably waiting for me. Late as always, that was me. I took my time though, because she would hate for me to look like a mess on such a good day. Beyond the city, a couple steps away… was a lush, green area. A place we would often meet at. A place that she will only meet me at on such a nice day. 
I walked up the green hill slowly as I watched the grass sway back and forth. Looking for her, I smiled as I found her. I walked up to her and sighed.

 

“It’s been forever.” I inhaled and exhaled deeply as I felt my heart skip a couple beats.
 

She doesn’t respond, but I know what she might have been thinking of me. Probably a fool. Probably asking why she loved such a fool. But what could I do?
 

“These are for you.”
 

I set the flowers onto the gravestone along with the cake, “Happy Birthday. I miss you.”