TheFog of Otherworld

Hold Me Close - The Otherworld Trilogy

nChantelle - with her two best friends, Lillie and Alice - stood in silence, eagerly waiting outside the vast, glass doors of Bookmania among dozens of teenage girls and boys - waiting to get her hands on 3 copies of Christina Cooper's latest book, that had went viral before it was even released, The Fog of Otherworld. Fatal for a Saturday morning, they'd be standing at the famous book shop since 6:30 while waiting for it to open at 8:00; this was Lillie's idea as she told the pair of girls that "it'll get us a acceptable place in line." Currently, it was 7:57, 3 minutes until the shop opened, and most of the girls that were at the front had themselves excitedly pressed up against the glass gazing longily at the towering shelves, spotting The Fog of Otherworld on the 6th to last shelf. Tick tock went the town clock not far away from us...Chantelle, Lillie and Alice had to get a copy of the books (luckily, Alice preordered their copies for them). Suddenly, the glass doors automatically opened and the stampede of rioting teenage girls ran as quick as light to get their hands on the Otherworld book while the trio of girls - Chantelle, Alice and Lillie - walked sensibly, and careful not to get crushed by Otherworld fans, to the counter where 3 copies of Otherworld, The Fog lay out beautifully ready for them. Picking up hers, Chantelle tightly hugged hers as if were a long-lost sibling (and noticed it was a lot thicker than the previous book) while the other two exclaimed about the front cover even though it was revealed online months ago. Avoiding the remaining dozens of girls, the three retreated from Bookmania and boarded the bus. While they were on the bus, they didn't say a single word to each other: they were so lost in their books that when Chantelle left, she had to tuck her book under her arm (she hadn't quite mastered reading like Alice had) and walked to her apartment which was 5 minutes ahead of her. Eventually, she got home; the first thing she saw when entering the living room was her 13 year old annoying, snobby sister - Katelin - with her best friend Park-Sang watching Scarlet Heart: Ryeo episode 5 (she was into K-Pop stuff since she lives in Korea with me) so I ignored the TV and grabbed some  fruit and a vanilla milkshake to go to my room...to read about Tao - the vampire hunter. In my room, I snuggled against my purple, velvet-like pillow and - hands trembling with anticipation - opened the book...

"No...no...NO!" Chantelle angrily cried, slamming the book shut. This wasn't the ending she was grasping on for. Glancing out of her window, she realised that it was pitch-black, 11:27pm on a Sunday; however, it was a good thing she'd finished the book before Monday morning or else she and her besties would have to cover her ears while walking around the spoiler-filled halls of the book...Well, it was time to post a section of her fanfiction online. Logging into her account - MrsHuangZitao6666 - she continued her fanfiction:

"He's here?! He is really here?!" Baekhyun growled in both fury and eagerness as he felt his blood-thirsty inside cried at him wanting more blood to satisfy their hunger. Struggling to locate where Tao had went, the cold ground gnawed at Baekhyun's legs as he signalled Kyungsoo to retreat from his hiding spot. "Where do you think he has ran off to, cousin Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo asked, deeply intrigued to see if his arrogant cousin had tracked down the vampire hunter - his ruby red eyes burning with curiousity. "We must find him soon or else it's daylight for us BOTH!"

"Unfortunately, Kyungsoo, the wrecthed little thing has escaped my grasp, we must find him in a matter of days or else HE WILL have us killed..." Baekhyun explained. Their footsteps echoing across the concrete, the cousins walked side by side to find their predator...soon to be their prey...