2/3

Receive My Ball(s), Maybe?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

_________

 

It was Sunday afternoon and Jongin and Sehun were training in their dance school’s practice rooms. The recital was at the end of the week and that meant they had to work harder.

 

“Please let me take a freaking break, we’ve been going at the same damn thing for two hours now.” Sehun pleaded as his long legs gave out on him onto the polished wooden floor.

 

Jongin breathed heavily, agreeing to the blonde and sat down. He grabbed his phone while drinking his almost empty water bottle and choked on the contents as he saw an email notification from none other than the cheerleading team. Water splashed around bit and Sehun cocked his eyebrows as he saw the liquid land near his leg.

 

Jongin’s fingers were hesitant. They slightly paused mid-air, almost clicking on the email. His heart was beating, thoughts jumbled, and hands a little moist as he wiped them on his jeans.

 

Click.

 

Hello Kim Jongin,

We are here to congratulate you on making the varsity team! We hope you’re as excited as we are. Please come to the gym tomorrow after school for our first mandatory team meeting where you will receive more information. Thank you once again for trying out, and see you then!

 

Your Captain,

Im Yoona

Xoxo

 

Jongin dropped his phone, a squeal bubbling out of his throat and his fist in the air as he paraded around the room with glee, shocking Sehun.

 

“I made it, yes!” and Sehun could only shake his head, a grin on his features.

 

He made it.

 

______________________

   

Jongin was content, a smile on his face because he got in the varsity cheerleading team all because of his flexibility and dancing skills. The results to everyone else was quite obvious, except to Jongin, who was a little dense to how well liked and popular he was. Jongin always knew he attracted attention, just not how much, and that was what made everyone fall in love with him more, except for the fact that the dancer only looked at one person; Do Kyungsoo.

 

Which lead us to where he was now, on the field with a plethora of other girls, wearing a tracksuit- the pants tight and nice around the curves of his - just in case Do Kyungsoo could see from across the field during his football practice on the lush turfs.

 

A few days ago, the first ‘practice’ was only an in-depth orientation on terminology, looking at demonstrations, safety, and other information about team expectations. This was the first real practice they had and Jongin blessed the almighty lord when the coaches told the team that the cheerleaders practiced the same time and also the area where the football players did.

 

Mats were placed on the field, big enough for the entire team to sit or lay down comfortably. Girls and boys around started out with simple stretches for the warm up, and to Jongin’s dismay, he overheard a group of girls that were all gossiping about the football players- especially Kyungsoo.

 

“Oh my god, he’s gotten so big- I mean can you believe he used to be so small?” A girl sighed dreamily, and Jongin could gag (well he prefers to gag on Kyungsoo’s- cue for dirty thoughts to stop).

 

“He’s seriously so hot- I can’t right now!”  Another girl squealed.

 

Jongin held back his rude responses while still stretching, looking at the dazzling football player run drills. At the same time, he could feel stares that made his skin prickle from almost, if not more than half, of the cheerleading team. Ignoring the gawking, Jongin continued to look over to his long time crush.

 

Sweat dripped down Kyungsoo’s mesmerizing side profile, cheeks a beautiful peach tint, and steely eyes determined as he yelled out instructions.

 

He was too sinful wearing that uniform and Jongin wished he could saunter over to the male and kiss him right in front of everyone, but he couldn’t because Do Kyungsoo would think he was a freak for one and two, he probably didn’t know he existed.

 

A little side of Jongin whispered maybe he did.

 

“Alright everyone, enough stretches! Practice the easy routine we taught you at the orientation within your small groups. Please. form bases, and I expect there to be a front and back spot for extra measures just in case for our flyers. Flyers please practice basket tosses and bottle rockets for now and I’ll come around to check your progress.” The cheer captain instructed, and everyone got into their forms.

 

Jongin was assigned one of the bases, being a guy and all, and he didn’t mind as one of the girls, Irene, put her foot on his arm with the other girls to lift her up.

 

“Irene, let’s do the needle, please?” One of the girls, Yeri asked. Her buoyant red hair was vibrant as it was blowing in the wind.

 

The said girl stood, legs becoming steady as she responded, “Yeah I could try.”

 

She slowly put the image of what the move looked like in her mind and then proceeded to cautiously lift her leg out behind her in a straight position. Then, she used her hands to pull it all the way up so her toe was pointed at the sky. In the end, her leg was parallel to her back, the back of her knee basically touching it.  

 

Jongin inwardly winced as he witnessed the experienced girl perfect the move. He glanced slightly down at his private parts and was glad he didn’t have to do anything that would involve him losing the ability to well..let’s just end it there.

 

“Oh cool!” Seulgi giggled, “Let’s do the basket toss! It’s really fun Jongin watch, I swear you’ll love it!”

 

Jongin could only nervously chuckle as he bent his knees downward, bracing himself for Irene’s impact.

 

The adrenaline pumped through him as he saw Irene being thrown into the air, legs in uniform as she landed- arms out. He grunted a bit as he felt her weight land on him and the other girls.

 

“Nice girls and Jongin!” Yoona shouted as she made rounds for each group, heavily assessing each of them.

 

The football players rested every now and then while the cheer team diligently practiced, and the entire time Jongin really couldn’t keep his eyes off of Kyungsoo. He looked gorgeous under the blinding sun that gave his dark, usually raven hair, a light brown tint to it. Damnit, why did Kyungsoo have to be so perfect?

 

___________________________________

 

Hours later, they were taught the entire performance that they had to do for the first game next week. The team was going to keep practicing and perfecting it until it was good enough for Yoona. Eventually, when the sun gradually started to set, the captain clapped her hands, gathered everyone in a circle, praised them for their hard work today, and then finally dismissed them. Jongin dejectedly looked back at the football team once more and headed into the lockers to change and go home.

 

____________________________________

 

The next couple of days til the end of the week were the same during cheer practice. All of it consisted of longing stares from Jongin to Kyungsoo, who was oblivious to it all.

 

“So you’re telling me, this entire time you haven’t made a move?” Sehun groaned, putting his hand on his forehead. “You’ve been wasting your time on the cheerleading team just by ogling at him during practices? Dude, you can’t be any creepier.”

 

Jongin and Sehun were currently walking through the halls to their next class that they shared and the dancer hazardly looked at his notes, double checking his homework, and muttered a few apologies when he bumped into someone.

 

“I-I don’t know? I can’t just go up to him, what do I do?” Jongin responded as he tried to focus on the papers in his hands.

 

“I have him in my World History class and I swear I will personally go up to him myself and tell him ‘Hey you know Kim Jongin? Yeah the hot dancer, anyways he likes you a lot, like seriously, for a really long time. He wants the entire thing, even the package if you know what I mean..cause you have no idea how much he-”

 

“ing hell Sehun will you shut up!? If you do that I will personally rip your balls off I swear.” Jongin growled as he slapped his hand over the other’s mouth.

 

Sehun scoffed and pushed away Jongin’s hand. “You’re wasting your time being on a team you don’t really like if you’re doing nothing.”

 

Jongin rolled his eyes, knowing Sehun was right. He was wasting time, but what was he supposed to do? He couldn’t just stand in front of the other and say ‘Hi I’m Kim Jongin and I have a big fat crush on you’ He would really embarrass himself.

 

Jongin’s lips were tight while he concentrated on the papers, and as he was about to mention something about a certain problem- he collided with someone else in the hallway, causing his pencil and papers to fly.

 

He internally panicked and quickly got on his knees muttering ‘sorrys’ as he started to gather his materials with the other person now joining him.

 

“It’s fine.” A familiar voice made him halt, eyes roaming up to the said person he bumped into. His breath hitched because Kyungsoo was on his knees (not ually of course- oh god he wished) with a blinding smile that caused for those damn cheesy anime sparkles and roses to bloom in Jongin’s vision as the backdrop.

 

“K-Kyungsoo.” Jongin flusteredly said as he continued to pick up his supplies more hastily, fumbling for a moment.

 

He was close from getting into the senior’s eyes, but he knew that would’ve looked weird and so he instead reached down to pick up his pencil.

 

Kyungsoo at the same time reached down, and their hands brushed each other.

 

Jongin’s heart beat sped up, butterflies erupted in his stomach, and his face was starting to get very hot, and probably embarrassingly red.

 

“Thank you.” Jongin muttered and he didn’t dare to look into the other’s eyes.

 

“Kim Jongin, right?” The way the senior rolled his name off his own tongue so easily had Jongin weak.

 

“Yes, that’s me.” Jongin’s voice cracked slightly, and he swore he wanted to die right there. Why did his voice have to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter