Like a Fool

Like a Fool

Kim Chunga's Room 23.00 PM

"Yoojung-ah. what should i do? there's a student who keep giving me gifts and even texting me just for asking an unimportant thing." ask my senior and also my bestfriend, Kim Chungha eonni. right now i'm in her room spending a girls talk that we often do it like every weekend. its also a sleep over time tho...

"really? who is it?" Chungha eonni just showing me her phone that displaying a girl with a wonderfull eye smile. i like to admit that her eye smile is cuter that mine.. but hold on.. why she looked so familiar...

That eye smile, that hair brown short hair that stop above her shoulder...OH MY GOSH!

"Eonni!! is she Sejeong sunbae? kim Sejeong sunbae?!" i asked with my mouth and eyes open widely. i'm sure right now i look very ugly..

Chungha eonni just nod her head with an irritated expression in her face. with her respon like that, it made me turn more histeric and uglier.

"OMO! YA EONNI!! she's not just A STUDENT! And don't you dare show me that expression when talking about her! She's a superstar student! she's the 101 band vocalist! OMG! you're so lucky eonni! just accept her! Make her yours for evvaaah!!" i pushed-pulled her t-shirt and make her face turn ugly because of irritated and hurt. "Cut it out!" 

"she's too popular.. i heard she's a playgirl." i patted her shoulder, and smiled. "well... just wait and see eonni. if she really likes you, maybe she would change. but damn eonni... i really envy you."

after hearing chunga eonni's story about how sejeong sunbae try to approach her with the most kindest and romantic way, it made me thought about HER. by her is not about sejeong sunbae... is about Someone who always make fun of me, but than she also really care to me. someone who always there when i need help, someone who showed me a new world, and someone who really understand me well. Kim Doyeon.

She's my childhood friend, my best buddy and somehow i felt like she's my little sister. But yea.. we live far away now.. although still on the same city, Seoul. after my family decided to move away from my previous house, which is located near doyeon's house, doyeon and i barely to have a convo. well honestly i'm the one who tried to erase the bound that we have. why i did it? i felt like she never really coinsidering me as her best friend i mean the bestest. while i even treat her like she's part of my family. and the thought made me decided to forget about her and cut our bound. And after we graduated from elementary, we never spoke even until i graduated from junior high. i even don't know which school she attended.

until last year, on my first year of high school, she suddenly pop up on my Pacebook(you know this is a pun) chat notification. well she just saying hi and asking how's my family and my own condition. because of the huge distance that i made, i don't really excited with that moment and try to end it quickly. i only know that she still live in the same neighborhood, but she lived in dormitory right know because she went to school in other city. after that short chat, we never spoke again tho. but than again, after hearing such a story from chungha eonni, somehow i missed her. what's wrong with me? did i felt lonely or something?

"Hey! earth to Yoodaeng!" chungha eonni snapping her finger in front of my face and it startled me. "You don't have to do that eonni.. you can just call me..." chungha eonni smiled and said "i did but you're not answering. You were dozing. what's on your mind?" what's in my mind? Kim doyeon. but i can't tell her that right? its not like i have a feeling toward her but.. it just her name suddenly pop up in my head and i start to wondering her condition etc and– "You're dozing again and ignoring me again." ah.. did i? "well.. maybe i'm just sleepy eonni. look! it already midnight! no wonder i daze so often." i said. lying tho. "okay. let's just sleep. good night yodaeng. sweet dream~" said her while she burried herself in her blue sky blanket. "hope sejeong sunbae visit your dream eonni~" because of that, i got hit by a heart shaped pillow.


Kim Chungha's Room 07.00 AM

The next morning, i woke up by the sound of the door. apparently chungha eonni just got in from outside with two glass of hot chocolate and a toast in her hands. "Good morning Yodaeng-ie" said her with a smile. i just nod while my eyes still trying to adjust. "just get up already you lazy head." hearing that from the master of laziness is really a great insult. "It's such a rare sight you know. seeing eonni already look so fresh this early." my statement turn her bright smile into frown. "it all because of that lunatic. she called me in 6 am just to say 'good morning Chungha-ssi! hope you have a pleasent sunday morning and have a nice day' and she hung up. geez that crazyhead!" wow... i don't know what to say but honestly, i want someone to say those words every single morning...

with my eyes still hard to open, i went down from the bed with my phone in my left hand and sat in carpet with chungha eonni. i shipped the hot chocolate and eat the toast that chungha eonni's mother made. both of it taste so delicious! we chit chat a bit about whats happening in school and other stuff until my phone beeping and show a shocking notification. "what's wrong yoojung?" asked eonni. i rubbed my eyes hope i read a wrong thing..

Kim doyeon add you by Rine ID

how the hell she know about my ID? i never publish it... and i even barely posted anything in there..

and suddenly, another notification came.

Yo. 

it just a word, but i don't know why it shook me hard.. is it because of last night that i thought about her so much and started to miss her?

"Hey Yoojung!" Chungha eonni clapped her hand in front of my face and yea of course it shocked me. way too much "What was that for!" i yelled. "Well you ignoring my question by staring your phone. what's wrong?" should i tell her? ah naah.. is not a big deal. just forget it and later i will reply it casualy. "nope nothing hehe" chungha eonni stare me for quite a long time i know she doubt it. "ei eonni.. really i'm okay! don't be too worry like that. hihihi" i gave her my cutest smile hope she let it flow. but nope.. she still staring at me with that worried and curious look. i hugged her and shoot her with my deadly aegyeo hope this way will work. 

"Fine! i coinsiderd that as a truth. but please if something bothering you, tell me okay?" i just nod. "and stop using that eye smile. it reminds me about that lunatic." said chungha eonni. "watchout eonni. karma does exist.. you might fall for her." because of it, a warm hug turn to be a fierce headlock. and damn! its hella hurt although she's small but she's so strong!

i tried so hard to break free from her by pinching her stomach, tickling her, but none of it works! "eonni its a joke! although its true... but... let me go! please eonni! it hurts!" i shake my body hard so she would let go of me."let me go! let me go! let me go! let me go! eonni please let me g-" "Shut up you kim doyeon." at that time, suddenly i freeze. how come she know about her? i never told anybody about doyeon. did she saw the message? oh no.. how i explain this too her? but wait.. doyeon is just a friend right? whats the big deal?

"wondering how i know about her?" i just nod slowly. "Last night i just heard somebody talking in her sleep. 'doyeon-ah! kim doyeon!' and guess who spoke it?" chungha eonni let go her hand from me and right now she's staring at me while smirking. damn... i never remember i spoke that.. did i dream about Doyeon last night?

"spill it yodaeng." demand her. "w-well... she's not that special.. just a childhood friend of mine who barely spoke to me like several years.and like i said nothing special." i said. "you've told me many of your childhood stories right? did she the one who spent the most of it with you?" i nod slowly and because of it, chungha eonni start smirking again.. did i said a wrong thing? "if nothing is special, then why you dream about her like that? like you desperately calling her." i widend my eyes, shocked with her statement. "did i? i just start to think about her again since eonni talking about how sejeong sunbae treated eonni.. that kindest remaind me of her and .. well yes she is my bestest friend but she never treat me as i'm her best you know.. so i try to forget about her and now she suddenly added my Rine ID and messeged me with a simple two letter.. YO. what the hell she meant by that? and how she found my ID? she stalked or what?" without i realized, i already told her what i kept for a few minutes ago. "simple. maybe she missed you. and she tried so hard to search your id and message you." she missed me? "and you also missed her. alot." i froze. she's right tho.

"you know, if she didn't coinsider you as her best friend, she wont even bother to search your ID. give her a chance yoojung." said chungha eonni with a motherly smile. should i ? well.. she's the one who hurt me. did she? ah forget it! just do it casualy and don't overthink it Yoojung! "You also should give sejeong sunbae a chance tho, chungha eonni." with that, i get a smack from that barbaric angelic girl. "Just finish your breakfast!" 

Morning! BTW How you found my ID? stalker~


M Senior High, a few months later

Today is the last day of exams. and thank god its an easy one! after school done, me and my classmate going to noraebang tp celebrate the end of this semester. Yu Yeonjung, Kang Mina, and Kim sohye are my classmate and my other friends beside chungha eonni. Yeonjung is a member in school choir and her voice is a gift from heaven.. damn she's really good. Mina is one of the cheerleader member although she loved to eat and had a chubby looks. but she dance well. for sohye.. well that penguin just a regular student like me. although she has a unique way to see the world..

if you guys wondering whats happening between me and doyeon after that shocking messege, well... we sometimes chatting but.. it will always end up with my message hangin without a reply. even sometimes she just read it and not replying it. i don't really understand her. she's the one who messaged me first, but she left me hanging for like 3 or 4 days! i know her school's rules made her only can use cellphone every weekend, but duh! Rine Chat can be used in laptop which she usually use it. and if you say that i'm starting to hooked on her, yeah right. but as a friend way. she still that funny and dorky doyeon that i knew tho.. but let's forget about her for a sec! just enjoy this crazy party!

we sang many songs without caring the pitch or even our own voice. even yeonjung sang crazily and dancing non-stop. if all of my friends here, like somi, my crazy bully hobae. or chungha eonni, nayeong eonni, jieqiong eonni, and chaeyeon eonni who're focusing on their graduate examination. and i wonder if she join too, Doyeon.. how fun would it be? w..wait! what nonsense i just thought..

Yo wanna bet on the exam resault?

that message showed up and its of course from Doyeon. oh now she's messege me. even she start a new topic. last time we talked about what she usually doing in her school but she didn't answer it. huh like chungha eonni said, i will just give her a chance.

Bring it on! you knew i've always higher then you

we'll see about that. for the punishment, the loser must treat the winner. 

what? food? 

nope. movie

i frowned my eyebrows for a sec. the loser must treat the winner a movie? what is supposed to mean?

you want the loser to buy you a dvd? 

no silly. a treat to watch a movie in cinema. it means she must paying the tickets.

cinema? wait... isn't she asking me to watch a movie with her?! oh my god. i really don't understand her! who is she?

okay! prepare your savings doyeon! i will make you pay

and, she just read it. great. "Yoojung-ah! stop playing your phone and sing a song will ya!" i put my phone into my bag and quickly grab a mic from mina and start singing fantastic baby. let's have fun!


Choi Yoojung's Room, the Next day 

The thought of me and doyeon are going to watch movie together somehow really bother me alot. i really anticipated it but i feel nervous too. will we become awkward? but when we chatting on Rine Chat it just flow like that. there's no sign of akwardness. god i hope it run well. "You ignoring me again Yoojung." oh my i forgot that chungha eonni is here. but right now there's also somi in here. "Still thingkin about that childhood friend you have?" i glare at somi fiercely but that tall girl just glare me back and it scared me. "you know what eonni, i thinki long time ago you already fall for her." what nonsense is this huge monster just saying?! "yeap i agree with her." even chunga eonni too? "okay guys just cut it out. You somi, and her are a like you know. always torturing me, scaring me and even made me traumatize about something.." i said. "but you still love me." said somi. "because of that, you also still love her." said chungha eonni. "no. stop it you guys. just look at this cold reply. she didn't think me more then anything. i'm just Yoojung in her eyes. so please just cut it out okay?" saying that out loud made my heart kind of hurt tho.. "this is normal tho for me." said somi after she read my chat history with doyeon. "wait a minute! eonni! you're going to go to the cinema with her? like only both of you? she's defenitly has a feeling towards you!" great.. i forgot about that bet... 

"i-is nothing special! just a bet you know.b-besides! even me and chungha eonni often to watch movie together." both chungha eonni and somi looked at me with a smirk. "your face is red eonni." said somi. "you stuttered Yoojung." then they looked each other without taking off their smirk and looking at me again. "This bet is special for you, and you anticipated so much. right?" my face turn hot and because of it, both of them laugh at me. oh god! what's wrong with me!

"But you know.. i still feeling gulity yet hurt because of her." i said. "well just talk about it with her. apologize first then explain why you never try to contact her." talk to her? told her what i've been kept for over 4 years? "what if after that she start to hate me? and never want to see me again?" i asked. "You never now before you try. but if that's happend, i'll helped you to find a date." said somi. "or you can date that lunatic. since you adore her so much." said chungha eonni there's a little bit irritated tone. "uuu someone is starting to fall in her own words~ karma does exist! karma does exist!" somi and I start teasing Chungha eonni who's face turn so red! hahaha this eonni is funny. 


M Senior High , 4 Days Later

"Yeah! my rank is increasing!" said yeonjung. "5th no problem still same from last semester. but oh my emperor pinguin! look yeonjung-ah! yoojung-ah! Mina got first!! Mina-ya!" all four of us look towards sohye's finger who pointing mina's name. "it's really my name.." said mina who still shock. we patted her body hard as we congratulate her. "you're mom spent her money well for your food mina-ya!!" she just smile and laugh so happy. "yoojung, how's your result?" i grinned and give them an okay gesture. "what? save? or what?" i sigh. "three of course." i really study hard tho for that exams. "you really improved alot you know." i just nod proudly. suddenly my phone buzzing. maybe its from doyeon.

How's the test result?

I'm happy with it. how about yours?

i dunno tho. i'm just 8th

Yes! i win! hahaha but.. wait.. should i tell her everything like what chungha and somi said? well what ever is worth to try

i win! i'm 3rd. 

damn when will i can beat you. 

never doyeon-ah never.

she just read it again. just do it right now? or..

btw your profile picture is really cute. hope when we meet you look as cute as that.

w-what she just said?

"hey Yoojung? are you got a fever? your face is so red!" i heard Yeonjung said that but i ignored it. "she's a penguin who can't handle the heat yeonjung-ah. just give her a water" said sohye. "hei yoojung are you okay?" i nod my head awake from the shock. 

okay... maybe this is the right time to tell her everything. "Guys, i gotta go to the class for a moment, there's something i left." i dash to my class and just sit there while typing and explaining everything to Doyeon. although i'm not telling her about how she made me flatter.

sent.

again she just read it. i wait for a couple of minutes but she's not answering. even another minutes she's not answering. okay it pissed me off! i explain everything sincerly but she just read it? how cruel is that! she's become so ignorant and cold damn!

but just then i thought, maybe i give you another chance. maybe i was wrong about it. but no. i was right. even you become much more different then before. you used to care so much to me. but now? for the past months we've chatting, you turn to be ignorant. you become so cold. even when i try to be honest with you, you just READ IT and not answering anything. it hurts me alot doyeon! 

Shut up.

the moment i saw it, i cried. this is just.. i don't know.. it is really hurt like those two words, stab my heart. Tears falling hardly from my eyes as suddenly i heard Yeonjung's,Mina's, and Sohye's worried voice surrounding me. i don't deserve this attention...


Few weeks later

me and doyeong never talk anymore. well she never answering any of my messages nor even my calls. she really hate me now. when i told chungha eonni and somi about this, firstly they try to make me calm and they start nagging me because the short temper i have. if i just control it more, it won't turn this bad. i really screwed it up. pabo. major pabo..

just then.. my phone ringing i just pick it up without knowing who's calling.

"YA PABO EONNI! Ice cream meokja!! (let's eat ice cream!)" damn it just somi. "i don't feel like going out of my bed. go without me." i said and hung up. i really don't have energy for debating with that girl. and again the phone ringing. "Why you hung up like that? come on eonni! its going to be Sejeong eonni's treat!" said somi. "yea come on go out from your cave sweetheart." said chungha. "come on yoojung~" i can recognize that ajussi voice whos belong to chunga eonni new girlfriend. "no thanks and bye." ugh! just leave me alone! first in the morning my mom nagging me about the food that i didn't finish last night and now this. god! please help me!!!

ring ring ring "For god sake i wont go! leave me alone already!" i said vuriously. "don't yell at me pabo." wait... the voice is different. i looked at my phone and OH MY GOD! "oh.. i-i-i'm sorry i thought you're my friend.." i said. "i'm not?" because of it i'm panicking and try so hard to explain. "n-no no! i mean my other friend of course you are my friend doy--" she cut me off and say. "K Cinema at 7. don't be late." "w-what?" tuut tuut tuut. she hung up. She Want to meet me! at 7! wait what time is it right now... OH MY! 6 pm!


K Cinema 19.00 pm 

I finaly arrived on time and start to search where doyeon is. she's not applying any profile picture in her Rine Chat ID nor her Pacebook, so a little long hair girl with big eyes, big nose, big ear still implying in my thoughts about her. although it sound strange when i describe about her face but she is beautiful. just than someone patted my shoulder. when i turn around, all i see just a blue striped t-shirt and a pair of light blue jeans. i look up and saw the familiar face that i've been searching. there's no longer a little long hair girl with big eyes,nose, and ears. she turn to be a gorgeous girl, tall and really looked like a model. "You still look the same huh." said doyeon. "w-well.. you've change alot. i-in a good way tho!" why i stuttered?! cursed you coward Yoojung. she didn't respon it, she just hold my hand and take me to the theater. 

we sit on the middle row but in the left wing. is the best spot to be honest. i scanned people in the theater but.. only a few people here. wait! focus your mind to Doyeon, Yoojung! she's your main priority now! "w-what movie are we watching now?" she showed me the tickets and it shocked me. "Horror movie? you know i can't watch this kind of thing! you know i'm a scardy-cat!" but sadly the movie is already starting. just when i think she's not mad at me again, i'm wrong.

as long the movie playing, i closed my eyes and ears to prevent saw or hear anything scary. but the scream from others made me jumped and feel more terrified. "if you can't stand it, you can leave." she said it while looking emotionlessly to the screen. she really hate me right now.. "no. you've payed this for me so i wont leave." i said. than suddenly, she change her focus towards me. our eyes met for a sec, but i'm to shy to look at her and decided to look away. "then don't you ever leave from my side. don't you ever leave me again like what you did back then." w-what? "sorry if i hurt you with that single reply. but honestly, you just speaking nonsense. You know i'm bad at expressing my feeling so it turn out to look like i don't care but you are everything for me. and i would never treat anybody better than i treat you." i turn speechless. there's nothing coming out from my mouth. not even a breath. "I love you Yoojung. before even i know what the meaning of love. if you think i never see you more than a friend, then you are really a fool." she suddenly smile so cutely. she pinch my nose and shake it. she hold her laugh afraid other people might mad at her. "then.. i am a fool. because i did think that way." she smile and shook her head. "No silly. I love you." she give me a quick peck on the lips and continue watching the movie. i can't help but smile and tears also running down from my eyes.. a relief kind of tears to be exact.

As what somi said, she's not cold, she's just normal. she's not ignorant, she just don't know how to express her feeling. and the most important thing is, she see me more than a friend.. she loves me. "i love you too doyeon-ah." she looked at me and smile again "i love you more." with that smile, that face, that words, it really made me can't stop smiling. Hahaha i really looked like a fool now..



Author's note!

hehe dodaeng mansae!! sechung mansee!! somi beagle manse!! 
i felt this story is to rushed or even too long i don't know.. but thank you for reading  my first ever fanfic hahaha
hope u guys like it and i don't mind any advice for my next story . 
yehey! 

Kamsahamnidaaa~