Eleven

Squeaky Clean

Jackson stood in the doorway of the kitchen. It had been two months since the cleaning epidemic had slowed down. Mark didn't clean as much anymore. He let Jackson do most of the cleaning and kept quite when something wasn't clean to his standards. But something was going wrong. Mark was standing in the kitchen looking lost, almost as if he was seeing it for the first time. Jackson watched Mark walk around the outside of the kitchen, running his hands over the countertops. "Yi En, are you coming to bed?" Mark jumped at the sound of his voice, turning to look Jackson. He nodded, slowly.

"Yeah." He spoke softly, turning back to look at the kitchen once more. Jackson moved to Mark's side, wrapping his arm around the older's waist and pulling him close. 

"What's the matter baby?" Mark leaned into Jackson with a sigh.

"I don't know. I feel like I should so something before I go to sleep like I used to do. But there isn't anything I can do. You did such a good job cleaning that it looks really nice." Jackson smiled slightly.

"I did that for you. I didn't want you to worry about making it perfect." Mark pulled back from Jackson slightly.

"You didn't have to do that. I know how much you hate the smell of cleaning supplies. I don't why you never stopped me sooner." Jackson pressed his lips against Mark's forehead. He had many reason for not stopping Mark's cleaning habit, but only one really mattered.

"You always seemed so happy. I didn't want to take that away from you. But when I saw you standing over the sink that night, I knew something had to be done." Mark smiled at Jackson. He never knew that Jackson had cared so much about that side of him. 

"Thank you, babe." Mark gave Jackson a quick kiss.

"I love you." Mark grabbed the younger's wrist, pulling him toward their room.

"Can I make the list again?" Jackson groaned as he closed the door behind them, getting ready for another long list.