[2]

Reason

Flashback...

Taekwoon smiled as he leaned against the wall outside the lecture and waited for his crush, Lee Jaehwan to come out from the hall. Five minutes later, people started coming out from the lecture hall, indicating that the class had finished.

Taekwoon scanned the large group of people, trying to spot his crush. He spotted Jaehwan who came out from the hall with his best friend Wonshik. Jaehwan was wearing a pink colour sweater with ripped jeans and a beanie, made him look cuter than ever.

Taekwoon immediately approached him before Jaehwan left. “Hey” he greeted and held the other’s wrist.

“Hi?” Jaehwan greeted with a shy smile.                

“Can we have lunch together? I know there is a decent Italian restaurant nearby.” Taekwoon asked with a smile.

Jaehwan blushed for a second but soon turned into a poker face. “I’m sorry but I’m have to go somewhere else with Wonshik later” he replied and turned around and left.

 

Two days later, Taekwoon decided to confess with a bouquet of roses. He purposely stayed back after classes to meet the younger.

“Jaehwan ah” Taekwoon called the younger.

Jaehwan looked up from his book, looked surprised.

“I have liked you for a long time. Do you want to be my boyfriend?” Taekwoon asked with confident and placed the bouquet of roses on the younger’s hand.

“I’m sorry but I think its better for us to remain as friends” Jaehwan rejected politely with a small smile.

Taekwoon frowned for a second but he soon smiled again.

“Okay. But I will not give up, love!” Taekwoon exclaimed before he left, but not before he winked at the younger. Jaehwan sighed and looked at the elder with sad eyes.

 

“Hi!” Taekwoon greeted happily when the younger came out from the hall.

“Hi” Jaehwan replied without any expression or emotion.

“For you. I have bought your favourite cake from your favourite café” Taekwoon said happily and held up the pink box which he was holding.

“Taekwoon. I have told you to give up” Jaehwan said sternly.

“You can’t stop me from loving you. I like you and I want to be good to you” Taekwoon said with a charming smile.

“At least eat the cake. Please?” Taekwoon said with a pout.                

Jaehwan sighed but took over the cake before he left.

 

Days passed and Taekwoon continued to court the younger any chance any time possible while Jaehwan kept rejecting him every single time. Taekwoon swore that he would not stop until the day the younger accept him.


 

Another hour passes painfully slow and the doctors finally come out form the operation room.

 “How is my son? Is he okay?” Jaehwan’s father asks and rushes over. The other three also run over.

“The operation is success. We have to further observe his condition after he is awake. Everything will be fine if he does not show any complication. So the upcoming days are important. If everything is fine, the recovery phase will be slow for him and it takes time. He needs to rest for at least a month and requires care as his body is still weak” the doctor explains.

Four of them sigh in relieve as the operation is success. However, they can’t help but worry as Jaehwan’s condition is not stable yet.

For the next two days, Jaehwan remains unconscious and they become anxious. Their hearts almost stop beating when there is one time that Jaehwan’s heart beat rate went flat. It is fortunate that the doctor manage to save him.

Today, Taekwoon and Wonshik go to visit Jaehwan together. This is the third day after the operation.

Taekwoon and Wonshik will take turn to narrate how they spend their time in school to Jaehwan. Wonshik is amazed at Taekwoon’s dedication to Jaehwan while Taekwoon is amazed at Wonshik’s loyalty.

“May I know how you got to know Jaehwan?” Taekwoon asks Wonshik, feeling jealous and curious about their friendship.

“We were neighbor. Our parents are good friend of each other. So our parents decided to let us to be each other’s playmate, as both of us are the only child in our family. We got along well and grow up together. Basically I have spent most of my time with him, either in school or at home. Same goes to him. He is always with me as well” Wonshik says with a smile, Taekwoon can sense the sincere friendship between two of them.

“You two are really close” Taekwoon comments.

Wonshik nods and continues, “We are. When we were young, Jaehwan hyung always protects me when we were in kindergarten. I was bullied due to my short height. When we grow older, I become the one who protect hyung. Jaehwan hyung being harassed due to his feminine side and his appearance. He is so kind and strong, he endures everything until I found out one day”

“You are really a good friend” Taekwoon says.

“I see him as my family rather than a friend. May I know why you like Jaehwan hyung? I’m curious” Wonshik ends his story with a question.

Taekwoon chuckles at the question and answers “Hmm.. I overheard his singing one time. I guess I fell in love with his voice at first? Then I started stalked and observed him for a while. He is really cute and adorable and caught my attention without him knowing”

Wonshik nods in agreement, “Jaehwan hyung is really cute. Sometimes he acts like a kid and has a lot of aegyo. Sometimes I wonder who is the younger one between us”

Taekwoon chuckles and looks at Jaehwan with loving eyes, “I can’t wait for him to be awake.”

Wonshik nods and sits at other side of Jaehwan’s bed.

Suddenly, Jaehwan moves for a bit and opens his eyes slowly.

“Hyung?”

“Jaehwan ah?”

Wonshik immediately runs out of the ward and looks for the doctor.

“Finally you are awake” Taekwoon exclaims and smiles widely.

The doctor comes in few minutes later to check on Jaehwan.

“You are doing well. We will run some tests and to reconfirm your condition” the doctor says and leaves.

“Hyung! I was worried” Wonshik says and hugs his best friend.

“Idiot. I’m back. We are best friend for life. You are stuck with me.” Jaehwan says softly and hits the younger’s arm.

“Of cause!” Wonshik exclaims and ruffles Jaehwan’s hair.

“Jaehwan ah” Taekwoon calls softly and catches their attention, especially Jaehwan’s.

“I guess you two needs some time alone. I will leave.” Wonshik says and stands up.

Jaehwan looks up at his best friend and holds the younger’s wrist.

“Hyung. I will support you regardless of your decision. But I hope you will follow the decision of your heart” Wonshik says with an encouraging smile and leaves the ward.

“Jaehwan ah” Taekwoon starts, Jaehwan nods, showing that he is listening.

“Do you still remember our promise? You do give us a chance after the surgery” Taekwoon says and holds the younger’s hand in his much larger one.

Jaehwan nods shyly and looks down, too shy to make eye contact with the elder.

“Will you be my boyfriend? I will be by your side this time, I will go through everything with you. This time I will never let you go” Taekwoon says sincerely.

“Hyung..” Jaehwan says softly.

“You like me, I like you. That’s more than enough. What are you waiting for? Jaehwan ah, please” Taekwoon pleads.

Jaehwan stays quiet and thinks, he knows that the elder is saying the truth.

“Be my boyfriend, okay?” Taekwoon asks again.

Jaehwan nods shyly and hugs Taekwoon this time. Taekwoon returns the hug immediately and hugs the younger tightly.

“Thank you, love. I love you” Taekwoon says, feels that his heart is going to burst due to the happiness.

Wonshik smiles as he hears the conversation, finally the two become a couple.



It comes to the end! Enjoy reading :D