Happy Birthday, Yijeong

Happy Birthday, Yijeong!

" Happy Birthday, Oppa!" You yell as you jump on the bed, waking your boyfriend in the most childish way possible.  

'Mmm. Thanks, babe. But was that really necessary? I'm 23 now, you know." Yijeong yawns as you wake him from his slumber. 

"I know, but I wanted to treat you all day today. Starting with a breakfast in bed I made for you!" You cheerfully shove the tray of food in his face. 

"Aw, thanks Y/N," Yijeong says as he kisses you on the cheek and starts scarfing down the food you just gave him.

"For a 23 year old, he still eats like a child," you think to yourself as you watch him inhale his breakfast. 

After you both get cleaned up and get dressed, you decide to take him out the house for the rest of the day. 

Your first stop is to his favorite park. 

"Let's stop here," you said motioned to a tree on a small hill.

As you both go up the hill, you begin to unpack a blanket and and a picnic lunch you packed. As all this is going on, you glance up to see that Yijeong's face had completely lit up. He sits on the blanket next to you, of course. 

"Really, babe? This is too much!" Yijeong spoke through a big grin on his face.

" This is where we had our second date!"

" That's right," you confindently state. " I remember that date as clear as day. It was the day you almost accidently told me you love me WAY too early in our relationship. I brought you back here because I thought it was too cute and we just had to revisit the moment." 

" Y/N, this is embarrassing, but if it wasa good memory for you, then I guess it was worth it," Yijeong sighs, but laughs with you at the thought of the memory.

After lunch you both pack up and continue to walk though the park to the last destination of the night. As you two walked, you look at him just as the sunset settles behide his face, making his hair shine and his eyes sparkle. The golden glow around his face, as cheesy as it might may sound, reminds you of how luck you are to have such a sweet, mischievous, goof ball as your boyfriend. You start reminisce all the times he's played tricks on you,gifted you, laughed at you, laughed with you, and told you he loves you. You get lost in thought, but Yijeong's voice breaks you from it. 

"We're here. What were thinking about? You smiling like an idiot," Yijeong wonders. 

"Nothing," You giggle.

"Y/N, you know I don't like when you keep secrets from me," Yijeong began to sulk.

"Ok! I'll tell you later, you big baby!"

The both of you have dinner and talk for awhile before splitting the bill and leaving.

When you guys get home, you tell him to wait on the couch with his eyes closed. 

You light the candles on the cake, and open the closet door to reveil his present. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR YIJEONG, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" you sang to the stop of your lungs.

Before Yijeong can even open his eyes, he feels a wet sensation on his cheek. He opens his eyes to see a puppy jumping into his face to give him more love and kisses.

"A PUPPY!? HOW'D YOU KNOW?!" Yijeong screams with excitment.

"Becuase you're a child. And what more would a child want than pet. Plus you WOULD NOT stop talking about getting one. I had Dokyun bring him by while we were gone" 

"I'd be offended if this wasn't one of the best birthdays I've ever had." he said tenderly.

" But it wasn't even all that special. Actually, it was quite plain..." you say looking down alittle.

"But it was with you, and that's all I could ask for. You put so much thought and planning into it. Not to mention such a beautiful present," Yijeong stands in front of you and lifts your head up.

"And the fact that I can look forward to more birthdays spent with you makes it all worth it. Thank you, Y/N. I love you." He softly tells you before placing a soft, gentle kiss on your lips.

You two end the night wrapped up on the couch feeding cake to each other, with a new puppy and a new memory of this special moment together.