Final

Beautiful pain (Prequel)

"Hey love, I got you ice cream so enjoy!" Baekhyun said with that beautiful smile plastered on his face. 

I gave a smile and hugged while whispering my thanks into his ears. He mirrored my actions and gave me a light peck on my forehead before letting go.

I jolted out of my daydream when I heard my manager asking me to make an iced latte for a customer. I quickly get my work done before the manager scold me again. Having to reminisce back memories of the time where Baekhyun and I used to be together has become a daily routine for me and honestly, this feeling . Having to know that everything has ended and I am nothing to him anymore. 

"Iced Latte!" I shouted while putting the drink on the counter for the customer to take. 

I didn't take notice of who the customer is and went on to clean my station.

"Thanks, Hana." A voice so familiar ringed in my ears. A voice that I once used to love. A voice which I also desperately want to erase but at the same time, remember it. 

I looked up and our eyes met. I felt as though everything had stopped. I gave him a small smile and I hope that was enough for him to leave without turning back. 

"Hana, I'm sorry," He apologized while bitting his lower lips. I tilted my head to the right in confusion. 

He raised his hands which was connected to another girl. A beautiful one, in fact. Someone who looks so compatible and I have to admit, they look so much better as a couple as compared to me and him. Funny how I thought I am over him and have convinced myself a thousand times that I will be okay with Baekhyun finding someone better. But, my heart was actually cracking at this moment. It actually hurt seeing him happy while I'm drowning myself in work and school to forget this pain. 

"You don't need to be sorry, Baekhyun. We are nothing and will continue to remain so in the near future. I wish you happiness. " I replied with a small smile. 

His expression change into a cold exterior. He pulled the girl and they left. I let out a tired sigh and proceed to clean up. I kept on cursing him while doing my work. 

"Hana, you at lying." My manager proclaim. 

"Shut up," I said while letting out a huffed and throwing a cloth at him. 

He laughed and gave me a patted on the back. I have to admit, having to work at this couple for a few months have indeed made me closer to almost everyone and they felt like a family to me. 

It was close to 11.30pm and finally, its time to go back. I locked the store and waved my goodbye to my colleagues before parting ways. I stopped my tracks when I saw Baekhyun standing right in front of me. He didn't smile nor said a word to me and I let out a sigh. I guess I have to be the mature one here. 

"What is it Baekhyun?" I said while raising my left eyebrows. Baekhyun didn't reply anything and I started to walk away. It's always like this. Him not saying anything and expecting me to be a mind reader and know what was going on. Maybe that's why our relationship started to fall apart and in the end, giving up on one another. 

"I don't love you anymore. " He said. 

I turned and I blinked my eyes. Tears were threating to fall down but I hold it in. 

"I know," I replied with a tight-lipped. 

"But I can't let go of this. I can't stop thinking of you, of us. Why? Why must we give up on each other when we were happy. I don't love anymore but I'm confused on why am I thinking of you. This boat just can't sink and and..." Baekhyun choked on his words. 

"Say no more Baekhyun. Maybe we love each other too much and the pain we felt for one another overshot our love. I'm sorry Baekhyun but live your life well and I'm permanently leaving you so please, let this boat sink." With that, I walked away.

I walked away from us.

I walked away from the love of us.

I walked away from the memory of us.

I walked away from the happiness of us.

I walked away from the pain of loving you.

I walked away from this journey of us.

BaekHyun, I hope you can walk away to let this boat sink.

Sometimes, something is just not meant to be.

I loved you at some point in time and the flames have burned out.

Thank you and I'm sorry. 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello reader! This my first-shot and it's an angst one. 

Thank you reading and comments are appreaciated.