That Should Be Me (One-Shot)

That Should Be Me (One-Shot)

__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__

Sungmin’s POV

“Hey, Kyu. Are you free this Saturday?”

“Sorry Min, I have a date with Seohyun. Maybe next time, okay?”

“O-Okay. Have fun with Seohyun.”

“Sure will. Bye Min, Seohyun’s here.”

“Bye.

Hi! I’m Lee Sungmin, and that man I just talked to is my best friend, Cho Kyuhyun. We are both studying in SJ High.  Usually we are always together but since that Seohyun girl walked in Kyu’s life, we got separated.

My parents own the largest company in Korea, the Lee Company, which makes me popular here, in our school. Kyuhyun’s my best friend since our parents are also the best of friends. Kyuhyun’s family owns the second largest company, the Cho Corporation, which also makes Kyuhyun popular.

I have my girl best friends, Lee Eunhyuk and Kim Ryeowook. I treat them as my sisters. Lee Eunhyuk, as my twin sister while Kim Ryeowook as my younger sister. We are in the same classes. There are generally two classes in this school, the Music class and the General class. Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, Ryeowook, Donghae, Yesung, my best friends are music class.

Hmm, Kyuhyun really likes Seohyun. To tell you the truth, Kyuhyun has been my crush since middle school. I just don’t show it to someone except for Hyukkie and Wookie. And now that I know Kyuhyun likes Seohyun, it breaks my heart. I guess I just have to accept it. That Kyu and I are just going to be best friends, forever. I know I have to be satisfied with that fact, but it really hurts.

“Minnie unnie!!!” Ryeowook came running to me and I saw that she’s not happy. It makes me sad even more.

“What’s the matter Wookie?” I asked confusedly.

“You heard about the rumors?”

“What rumors?”

“Kyuhyun and Seohyun are dating!” Great!

“Well, yeah. Kyuhyun told me.”

“S-So i-it’s true?” Wookie said tears starting to form from her eyes.

“W-Wookie-ah! Don’t cry!” I kind of shouted at her but I’m not angry at her. I just don’t like to see her cry. It hurts.

“O-Okay unnie. But don’t worry Hyukkie unnie and I will help you.”

“Thanks Wookie-ah.”

The bell rang and classes would start in a minute so Wookie and I went inside our room. I saw Kyuhyun with his phone in his ears. I believe he’s talking with Seohyun, again. I just went to my seat and sat there, silently. Our teacher didn’t arrive at our room so we were dismissed earlier than the other class. Ryeowook and Eunhyuk would always go home before I do. But now, I went home before they did. I was just so frustrated with the fact that Kyuhyun’s dating Seohyun, the lady who flirts with guys.
 

__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__
 

I went home driving my car, when I arrived home, I saw Auntie Cho and Uncle Cho. What are they doing here? Maybe they’re just paying us a visit. Well, I have to go inside. I missed them so much. And it’s freaking cold out here.

“Hi Auntie Cho, hi Uncle Cho.”

“Minnie-ah! How are you? It’s been long since you last visited us.”

“Sorry, Auntie. I’m just… busy.”

“Oh, it’s okay. At least I saw you again. Wait, where’s Kyuhyun?” OMG! What am I going to say to Auntie Cho?

“H-He’s with D-Donghae and Yesung.” I lied at them. I hope they don’t notice it.

“Minnie-ah. I know you’re lying. Where is he? I won’t be mad at you. Just tell the truth.” Uncle Cho said and asked once again.

“He’s on a date with Seohyun.” I turned around so they’re facing my back now.

“What?! Seohyun?! That, singer in the group SNSD? Oh my God!” So they like Seohyun for Kyuhyun. I could only sigh.

“Honey, call Kyuhyun now! I don’t want my son to date that girl! She’s a flirt! Oh my God!”

“Okay. I’ll call him now.” Auntie Cho doesn’t like Seohyun either? Yes!

“Yah! Cho Kyuhyun?! Where are you? Come here in your Auntie Lee’s house. Right now!” Uncle Cho said a hint of madness visible in his tone.

“I’ll go to my room now, Auntie Cho, Uncle Cho, and mom.”

“Okay. Bye dear. See you again next time. And thanks for telling us about Kyuhyun and Seohyun. I owe you one dear.”

“It’s nothing Auntie Cho.” I kissed them on the cheek and I went directly to my room.

When I entered my room, I heard Kyuhyun’s car came. I looked at the window and saw him. Oh, his still cute as ever. I then saw Auntie and Uncle Cho went out. So Kyuhyun entered his car again but before he could go in, he saw me. OMO! What to do? I just smiled at him and he waved to me and mouthed a ‘Bye’. I waved back at him and they went home together.
 

__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__

 

The next day…

“Hey Min, can I talk to you?”

“S-Sure.

“Did you tell mom and dad about me and Seohyun?”

“S-Sorry Kyu. I tried to lie to them but they noticed. I didn’t mean to tell them the truth.” I looked down so I won’t be looking at his stares.

“It’s okay Min. At least you tried to lie. Thanks for covering for me.

“But I failed to cover you.”

“I know. I told Seohyun everything but she accepted it. She said she could handle things. I have to go Min. Seohyun’s calling. Bye.”

“Bye Kyu.”

You really like this girl, don’t you? I’ll accept it, just for you.

When I turned around, I saw Siwon standing in front of me. His face was an inch away from me! I stepped back and he could only smile.

“Hey there Sungmin! Wanna go out for lunch on Saturday?”

“I-I guess it’s okay. Since I’m free this Saturday.”

“Okay then. I’ll pick you up at 11 am. See you.” Before Siwon left I felt someone kiss me in the cheek. It was Siwon! “Bye Minnie-ah.”

Did he just call me Minnie? Are we really that close? Anyways, I have to see Wookie and Hyukkie.

 

__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__

 

Normal POV

Saturday came and it was the day where Kyuhyun and Seohyun will have lunch together, and same with Sungmin and Siwon. Sungmin and Siwon arrived at the SM Restaurant. After ordering the meal, Sungmin saw someone familiar to him. Cho Kyuhyun was there with Seohyun.

“Seohyun?”

“Siwon oppa!” I saw Seohyun run up to our table and Siwon stood up to hug Seohyun.

“You know her Siwon?”

“Yeah. Seohyun’s my ex-girlfriend.

“Okay.” I just stayed silent for a minute until I heard Kyuhyun’s voice.

“Min?”

“Hey Kyu.” I managed to say.

“What are you doing here?”

“I asked her on a date. Something wrong with that man?!”

“Ye- Nothing. Let’s go Seohyun.” I saw Kyuhyun turn and he looked, angry. Why Kyu? What’s wrong?

“Seohyun!” Siwon called out.

 

__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

When we entered SM Restaurant I saw Sungmin with, Choi Siwon? What are they doing here? I then heard Siwon call for Seohyun and this girl beside me hurriedly run up to the voice who called her. They hugged each other until I heard Sungmin speak.

“You know her Siwon?”

“Yeah. Seohyun’s my ex-girlfriend.” Seohyun is Siwon’s ex-girlfriend?

“Okay.”

I got curious why Min was with Siwon so I asked her.

“Min?”

“Hey Kyu.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I asked her on a date. Something wrong with that man?!” Damn it Siwon. I’m not asking you!

“Ye- Nothing. Let’s go Seohyun.” I turned around so Min wouldn’t notice that I got angry but then…

“Seohyun!” Siwon called out. “Why don’t you sit with us, together with your… date?”

“That would be great Siwon oppa!” Siwon then offered the seat next to across his’. While Kyuhyun sat beside Seohyun.

“Oh, Seohyun, this is Sungmin. She’s my date for today.” I saw Siwon hold Min’s hand! That should be me holding her hand! I felt so jealous. I know I’m jealous! If I could only remove that filthy hands out of her hands. Good thing Sungmin pulled it off. Good girl. That’s MY Sungmin. I confess I love her since that day happened, I just don’t want to admit it. But I can’t blame Sungmin or myself if that day happened. If only I could confess everything to you Min, but it’s not that simple.

I didn’t notice, it’s already 2 in the afternoon. Wow, we spent almost 3 hours in the restaurant. But that whole 3 hours, Min and I just kept quiet. It’s Seohyun and Siwon who did the talking. I would look at Sungmin whenever I know that she’s not looking at me. She really is cute. I guess I have to drive Seohyun home, but what about Sungmin?

“Minnie, I’ll drive you home. Let’s go. Bye Seohyun~ Bye Kyuhyun.” Siwon! I really hate this guy. You take good care of my Sungmin. If I heard anything bad about her I’ll finish you off!

“Bye Seohyun, Bye Kyu.” Sungmin bid goodbye before entering Siwon’s car. Sorry Min, I should be the one driving you home, instead of that bastard. Maybe next time.

“Oppa! Let’s go home.” Seohyun whined.

“O-Okay.”

After I drove Seohyun home, I went to Sungmin’s house. My mom and dad are there. So I’ allowed to go there. It’s not that I’m banned to go there. I can visit them whenever I want.

 

__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__

 

“Good afternoon Auntie Lee, Uncle Lee. Can I ask where Sungmin is?”

“What? You were not with her? She said she was going to the park where you two would always go. When I asked her if she was with someone she said she will be going with someone, a man. I thought it was you so I permitted her. But if it’s not you, then who?”

“Choi Siwon.”

“Choi Siwon?!”

“Yes Auntie. I better go there. See you later. Bye!”
 

__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__

 

I went to the park and saw Sungmin and Siwon sitting on a bench. They are talking to each other so I decided to eavesdrop on them. I hid at the back of a tree just beside the bench they’re sitting at.

“So? I see you like someone else. But who?” I got happy but hurt at the same time.

“Y-You don’t have to know it.” Sungmin answered. Who could that be? Say it Sungmin. Who?

“Who?” Siwon gripped her with his hands. I see it’s hard. Hey! No one hurts Sungmin! I was about to punch him but he suddenly tried to kiss Sungmin. I got very angry! I punched him right in his face.

“Yah! Choi Siwon! Don’t you dare hurt and kiss Sungmin!”

 

__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__

 

Sungmin’s POV

I went to the park to meet Siwon-ssi. I even lied to my parents just to go there. I know they won’t allow me. So I have to lie to them. When I got to the park, I saw him sitting on a bench. I then sat beside him. He started asking me questions like ‘Can you be mine?’ But I told him that I love someone. I thought he accepted it but no, he holds my hand tightly not letting me go. I tried to struggle but he was so strong. The next thing he did shocked me more. He tried to kiss me. Kyuhyun! I wanted to shout but no voice came out. I closed my eyes and tried to push Siwon away from me. But when I opened my eyes I saw Siwon sitting on the ground, someone’s on top of him.

“Yah! Choi Siwon! Don’t you dare hurt and kiss Sungmin!”

“Kyu!” I started crying knowing that I’m safe now. I tried to stop Kyuhyun which I successfully did.

“Don’t you ever dare come close to Sungmin again!” that were the last words he said to Siwon before pulling me inside his car. I cried and cried inside his car and put on the seatbelt and just kept my mouth shot. This isn’t the right time to talk to an angry Kyu.

“Good thing Auntie Lee told me that you were here in the park where we usually stay.” He started the conversation.

“S-Sorry Kyu.” I calmed my self. I closed my eyes because I know he’s going to shout at me. But I felt someone hug me.

“You shouldn’t be. It’s that bastard’s fault, not yours. Now let’s get you home.”

“Okay” I just nodded my hea

“Sleep first. I’ll just wake you up when were there.” Kyuhyun said and so I followed.

 

__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__

 

“Kyu, thanks for yesterday. I owe you one.”

“It’s nothing, really.” Kyuhyun said smiling. I really love it when he smiles. “Hey Min, I heard you love someone. Who’s that?” he’s smirking again.

“Y-You h-he-heard i-it?!”

“Yes. So tell me who it is.” Kyuhyun came closer to me our face an inch apart. I was not in my own world and I was so absorbed in my thought. But I was back to my senses when I felt a pair of lips on mine. I saw Kyuhyun kissed me, again. Yup, Kyu’s my first and second kiss. I had my first kiss when I was eight. I wouldn’t stop crying so he kissed me, full on the lips. That was the day I fell in love with him. Well I can’t stop my heart to love him.

“I love you Sungmin. I don’t want you to love anyone, and if ever you’ll love someone, I hope it’s me. Please be mine, Lee Sungmin.” Kyuhyun confessed. OMG! I’m gonna explode!

“K-Kyu, someone took my heart already, and it is you. Ever since I was eight years old I fell in love with you. You gave me my first kiss. Remember?”

“No. But can you remind me how I kissed you?”

“Yes.” I went closer to him, gripped on his collar and forcefully kissed him. I felt him touch the back of my head and pulled me closer. We shared a passionate kiss.

__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__♥__