So... Do You Remember?

Do You Remember?

After crying for what felt like an eternity, Doyeon finally stood up and staggered over to the door. She needed Yoojung because without Yoojung she couldn’t function. She just hoped that the other girl felt the same. Stepping outside, she felt the cold air hitting her face like a tonne of bricks. She didn’t care though, all that mattered was Yoojung.

* * * *

Yoojung sprinted towards her house. Despite being out of breath and her legs feeling like jelly, she didn’t care. She needed to fix things with Doyeon. Sure, they had issues but at the end of the day, Doyeon was the only one for her. She loved Doyeon and was sure that Doyeon loved her back.

The small girl soon came to a halt when she felt herself bump into what felt like another person, soon the taller girl’s arms were around her waist. Yoojung knew it was Doyeon. She was the correct height, before Yoojung could apologize to the taller girl; the all too familiar smell of alcohol filled her nostrils.

“You’re drunk,” Yoojung sighed, taking a step away from her girlfriend.

“I... I’m sorry. You left,” Doyeon's voice broke, as she remembered the earlier events that occurred that day.

“I left because... I can’t do it,” Yoojung sobbed. “I can’t watch you, the love of my life; destroy yourself with that poisonous liquid.”

Doyeon blinked a few times, her bottom lip quivering; she didn’t know how to respond to the girl standing opposite her. She gulped, feeling bob up and down, but the words wouldn’t come out. Everything Yoojung had said was right. Doyeon knew she had a problem with alcohol, she was blinded by the feeling it gave her that she never noticed how much it was affecting the people around her.

Noticing the other girl’s loss for words, Yoojung took a step towards her and exhaled a deep breath, tears streaming down her face. “Doyeon, do you remember when we got together? How simple everything was?” Yoojung’s voice was shaky, as the girl’s sobs were getting louder.

Doyeon frowned and pursed her lips together. She was trying to avoid the memories of the early stages of their relationship, due to what had happened earlier, but she couldn’t lie and hurt the other girl anymore, so she nodded.

“You took me to get ice cream after I had a really hard exam, we sat in the right hand corner, you had chocolate flavoured ice cream whilst I had mint chocolate chip. We went to a park afterwards, and that’s where you asked me to be yours,” Yoojung sobbed. “And Doyeon, I said yes; yes, you are the only person that I ever want to be with... But, I feel so weak and helpless.”

Without thinking Doyeon stepped forward and pulled the smaller girl into a tight embrace. Yoojung sobbed on her shoulder, whilst, despite the face she was sobbing equally as hard, Doyeon rubbed her back trying to calm the smaller girl down.

“I remember our first kiss, our first I love you... Yoojung, I remember. I remember everything,” Doyeon whimpered, she suddenly felt like the world was weighing down on her. She felt vulnerable, she knew that she shouldn’t because it was her fault that they were in the situation they’re in. She couldn’t help it though.

“Me too,” Yoojung sniffled. “Doyeon, I love you.”

“I love you too,” Doyeon felt like she was getting somewhere, there was some hope peeking through.

“I want you to choose... Alcohol or me? I’m sorry, I just... I can’t go through this again,” Yoojung cried. She was almost certain that Doyeon would choose her, but her mind was filled with doubt.

“I choose you, Yoojung. It will always be you,” Doyeon stated, using her thumb to wipe the smaller girl’s tears.

“We need to work on our issues and I want you to go to rehab,” Yoojung murmered.

“I’ll do anything for you,” Doyeon replied. It was true, if Yoojung said “jump” her immediate response would be “how high?”

Yoojung smiled weakly, nodding her head; taking a step forward she placed a gentle kiss on the taller girl’s lips, before tugging on her hand.

“Let’s go home.”

With that the girl’s walked back to their home. Glad that their memories helped the couple come back together. They both knew that they had a lot of issues to work through, but they were certain they could get through them all.