The First Kiss

Do You Remember?

“You know what? Kim Doyeon, I never ever want to see you again... You’ve had enough chances, and you’ve wasted them all, you!” Yoojung spat, tears streaming down her face.

“Wait, Yoojung... Just let me explain,” Doyeon pleaded with her girlfriend; but it was too late. The smaller girl had left, leaving the tall girl, dazed, confused and heartbroken.

After a few more minutes of staring at the door, in case Yoojung came back. Doyeon walked into the kitchen and practically dived into the liquor cabinet; searching for a bottle of the strongest alcohol she had. Eventually she found a bottle of vodka, it, she thought to herself before taking a swig of it. She scrunched up her face, as she took another swig. The pain in due to the alcohol was nothing compared to the pain she felt, when the younger girl walked out the door.

She staggered out of the kitchen and slumped against the wall, putting her head between her thighs, her left hand still clutching onto the vodka bottle. She felt tears streaming down her face, she didn’t care though. All she cared about was getting Yoojung back.

Running her right hand through her dark brown hair, when did it all get so ing difficult? She thought to herself, sighing heavily, her tears falling freely. That’s when the memories hit her. She remembered their first kiss.

*Flashback*


It was a stormy night; Doyeon had stayed over at Yoojung’s house, as her parents had gone on holiday. So the couple decided to make the most of it, they’d spent the day cuddling, watching films, talking and just being themselves; but that night, something was different. There was some sort of tension between them; neither of the girls could work out what it was though.

They were watching The Lion King, Yoojung was practically laying on Doyeon, with her head resting against her chest; the taller girl was idly playing with her girlfriend’s hair, not paying much attention to the film.

When suddenly there was a loud explosive sound coming from outside. Yoojung instantly jumped up from the couch and went to look out of the window, followed by Doyeon.

“W-what was that?” the smaller girl whispered, as she went on her tip toes to try and see if the tiny bit of extra height could show her something.

“I think it was thunder,” the taller girl, commented.

“Oh,” was all Yoojung could say.

Doyeon noticed the fear that was etched into the other girl's face. She noticed the way her hand’s suddenly started to tremble and her lip quivering. That’s when she realized; Yoojung’s scared of thunder storms.

The tall girl took a step towards her girlfriend, wrapping her arms around her waist. She felt the girl’s body shake against her.

“Shh, its okay, I’ve got you, baby,” she whispered, trying to calm her girlfriend down.

Yoojung spun around and wrapped her arms around the latter’s shoulders; pulling her into a tight hug. As she clammed her eyes shut, trying to believe her girlfriend.

“I-I’m scared,” she mumbled under her breath.

Doyeon thought for a moment. That’s when she realized the latter’s bedroom was at the back of the house, which meant that the noise would be less dominant. Without saying anything, she pulled out of the hug and grabbed the smaller girl’s hand, taking her to the bedroom. Once they got into the room, the taller girl shut the door and closed the windows.

“Doyeon,” Yoojung called her name softly; causing butterflies to erupt in her stomach.

“Yeah, babe?” The taller girl hummed, pulling the smaller girl into a hug.

“Thank you, for you know...” Yoojung bit her lip, thinking of what to say next. “Just, thank you for being you, keeping me company especially tonight.”

“You don’t need to thank me, silly. I’ll always be here to look after you,” she smiled.

Yoojung just looked up and grinned at the taller girl, creating eye contact. The girls continued staring at each other for another few moments; until the smaller girl broke it, by looking down and smiling shyly.

“Well, uh, we can just cuddle in here,” she giggled nervously, before spinning around to make her way to the bed.

Before she could even move, she felt Doyeon’s hand grip her wrist spinning her back around to face her. She noticed something different in Doyeon’s face, but before she could say anything about it. The taller girl lifted up her chin and kissed her softly. At first Yoojung didn’t know what to do, she was shocked; but when she felt the taller girl pull away, she grabbed her cheeks and kissed her again, the kiss was full of passion but were still gentle.

Doyeon placed her hands on the smaller girl's waist, whilst Yoojung’s hands were tangled in the latters dark hair. Doyeon moved her hands down to the smaller girl's giving it a light squeeze, causing Yoojung to giggle. The taller girl smirked, as she started walking towards the latter’s bed.

“Wait, Doyeon,” Yoojung could see how this was going. She knew that it would probably lead to (she’d watched way too many romantic comedies.) As much as she wanted to, she knew she wasn’t ready and it wasn’t the right time, they’d only just had their first kiss.

“Hmm?” Her girlfriend hummed, pushing her onto the bed, straddling her.

“I-I’m not ready,” the smaller girl blushed.

“Oh, okay,” Doyeon quickly got off her girlfriend and layed next to her. “I didn’t mean to push you, with the kiss and stuff,” the taller girl felt genuinley guilty.

“No, I liked the kiss... I liked it a lot, actually.”

“Me too,” Doyeon smiled.

“I never want to lose you, Doyeon, you mean everything to me,” the smaller girl smiled softly.

“You never will, baby. You’re stuck with me,” Doyeon giggled, sticking her tongue out.

“There’s no one else I’d rather be stuck with,” Yoojung winked; causing them both to erupt into laughter.

“Well, I’m glad because I’ll be here with you, forever.”

“Forever it is, Kim Doyeon,” Yoojung smiled resting her head on her girlfriends chest, both girls drifting off to sleep.


*End Of Flashback*

Doyeon was sobbing hysterically at the memory. How could things have gone from that to... Well, this?

“Forever doesn’t exist,” she screamed, taking a final swig of the vodka, before throwing it against the wall; watching as it smashed. All the tiny broken bits of glass were almost like a metaphor of her heart.

“Please come back,” she sighed out, staring at the mess she created.