Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

So this is a sequel to part 1 of this series-Beauty is only skin-deep, and it is not necessary for you to read it to understand this, but I would suggest that you do, since it's short, and also it shows why Jin fell for Namjoon. Or more like, how he realized that he had feelings for him. Anyways since a lot of you requested this, and also I was thinking of writing it anyways, here it is! Tell me what you guys thought of it ;)

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

It has already been a month since Jin started having these weird feelings concerning Namjoon, and so far he has been trying to keep his cool, and not freak out too much.

Unfortunately, he couldn’t avoid Namjoon, because that would seem suspicious, but he tried to keep his distance from the younger as much as possible without it being too obvious.

For example, whenever they went to some schedule, he would always be careful not to sit next to Namjoon in the van, and he would choose a seat from which he could not see the blonde rapper.

Unfortunately, that solution wasn’t without a flaw, with Namjoon usually sitting behind him, breathing behind him, his warm breath tickling the back of Jin’s neck, making his skin crawl.

He was thankful for the fact that currently the rapper line was busy preparing songs for their next comeback, so they were spending most of the time in their studios, and these days Jin saw Namjoon less and less.

He was supposed to be happy about it, because he would have the time to get over the younger boy, except that Namjoon’s absence had the opposite effect on him.

He missed him.

A lot.

He missed his warm eyes.

He missed his fond stare.

He missed the way his whole face would lit up when he would smile, flashing those dimples, making everyone’s knees go weak. Or well at least making his knees go weak.

He missed hearing that deep voice.

 He missed talking to Namjoon, about everything, and nothing in particular.

He missed the way the younger would lightly squeeze his hand when they would pass each other in the hallway, offering him that light smile as if saying “ I am always there for you, if you need me”.

He missed seeing that beautiful face of his.

Namjoon didn’t have that drop-dead kind of beauty, like the one he had, but that’s what made him more attractive in Jin’s eyes.

He loved how tall Namjoon was, and yet how clumsy and uncoordinated he tended to be most of the times.

He loved how the younger was slightly taller than him, creating the perfect balance in their heights, in case Jin ever wanted to snuggle into the crook of his neck, or in case they ever kissed-well I can only dream, Jin thought sadly.

He knew that most fans also considered Namjoon very attractive while some people dared actually call him ugly, and thus infuriating Jin.

UGLY?!

Kim Namjoon?!

NEVER!

If somebody was to ask Jin whether he would date the most beautiful guy on the planet, or Namjoon, if given the chance, he would answer-Namjoon, without a second thought.

Why?

Well, because, for Jin, Namjoon was the most beautiful man in the world.

After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, he thought with a smile.

Other than missing the blonde, he was also worried about him.

While preparing for this comeback, Jin noticed that he had become skinnier.

Well, Yoongi and Hobi did too, but somehow he left it to Jimin and Tae to convince them to eat, but Jungkook could not convince Namjoon.

Whenever Jin packed food and sent a muttering Jungkook to the studio to deliver it to Namjoon, he would always come back with the intact container of food, saying how Namjoon seemed like a zombie, lost in his own little world.

Jin would always want to go there, and shove the food down the younger’s throat if he had to, but then he would chicken out, too afraid of staying alone in a small space with his crush.

He didn’t himself around Namjoon, and he knew that Namjoon didn’t see him that way.

So, he sure as hell wasn’t going to ruin their friendship, and make things awkward for everyone with his stupid, unwanted feelings.

However, one night, when Yoongi and Hobi came back at around 2 a.m. from the studio, without Namjoon, who said he was going to sleep there, Jin has had it enough.

His maternal instinct had won over his cowardice-self, and he took the leftovers from the dinner, heated them up, took his jacket, and headed straight towards Big Hit’s building.

When he was inside, he went to Namjoon’s studio, since he had one for himself, and of course just as he expected, he found the rapper slouched in his leather chair, large headphones on his head, as he clicked his mouse soullessly, staring at the screen in front of him.

He always found Namjoon’s studio somehow aesthetic looking, and totally Namjoon-like, but he was always bothered by the lack of colour in it.

It was all black and white, and he thought that just a little touch of pink would make the room much cuter, but he knew that if he suggested it to the rapper, he would probably laugh at him.

He had nowhere to put the container, since there was no sofa in the studio, so he approached the rapper, slowly placing the food on the table, and lightly tapping Namjoon’s shoulder.

What he didn’t expect was Namjoon’s sudden reaction, who jumped away from the chair in shock, making Jin stumble on his feet and fall to the floor.

But, not before he managed to accidentally knock out the little Ryan glass figurine from the table, causing it to fall to the floor and shatter.

!

Namjoon really loved Ryan the Bear, it was just like Jin loved Super Mario, and just like Yoongi obsessed over Kumamon, so he quickly started collecting the pieces from the floor.

“ Oh , Joonie, I am so sorry, I…OW!”

He was in the middle of apologizing and collecting the broken glass when he managed to cut his finger on a larger piece, causing him to let out a little yelp.

“ Are you crazy?! You got hurt!”

He heard Namjoon’s loud voice, and someone might have mistaken it for anger, but when the rapper kneeled on the floor in front of him, taking his bleeding finger in his hand and inspecting it, Jin could see the way Namjoon’s eyebrows furrowed, and he could see the worry in his eyes, and once again the fuzzy feeling in his stomach was back.

His gaze fell to the blonde’s full lips, and he unconsciously swallowed when Namjoon darted his tongue over his lower lip, wetting it.

I wonder what it would be like if that tongue darted over my lower lip, and then slowly…

“ Jin?! Are you okay?”

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Namjoon’s worried voice, and saw the blonde staring at him with a confused look.

“ Y-yes?”

Jin answered with uncertainty, and Namjoon chuckled and said.

“ It’s just that you were spacing out. Anyways, it seems that the cut is shallow, so you just need to wash it, and put a bandage on it. So, what are you doing here?”

“ Well, since you were ignoring poor Kookie, obviously not caring for your health, I had to take things in my own hands. So, I brought you food, and I am staying here until you finish it.”

Jin said with determination.

Namjoon stared at him intently until he broke out into the widest grin ever, teasing.

“ You sure are bossy, huh?”

and thank God for Jin’s sassy side, immediately answering.

“ You know it, so come on, chop, chop.”

because if it wasn’t for that part of his personality, he was sure that he would turn into a babbling mess after witnessing such a killer smile, and he could already feel his ears burning, but he could blame it on the heating.

Afterwards, Jin went and cleaned his finger, and then came back to fulfill his threat.

Since there were not enough chairs in Namjoon’s studio, they sat on some cushions on the floor and Jin watched Namjoon eat.

He didn’t even realize that he was staring, with a blissful smile on his face, until Namjoon caught him staring and asked.

“ I-is there something on my face?”

“ W-what? N-no, hahah, sorry, I am just glad you are eating.”

Jin spluttered, feeling ashamed, that was until his heart started hammering in his chest when Namjoon did that thing with the hand squeezing, and the light reassuring smile, making Jin unable to think.

God, he really was in love with Namjoon.

“So, I ate everything. But, it’s kind of late, I don’t know if you should walk in the dark?”

Namjoon asked.

Jin stared at him, and of course Namjoon was worried for him as friend, and didn’t want him to walk alone so late, but oh god that was so romantic and sweet, and Jin found himself lying to the younger.

“ It’s okay, I can stay. I am not really tired. I will wait for you, and then we can go back together.”

He smiled at the younger and Namjoon smiled back, and even though Jin was exhausted, he really wanted to stay in Namjoon’s studio, in his presence, just being close to him.

“ Okay, then make yourself comfortable, and I will try to finish this as soon as possible and then we can go home.”

Namjoon said and went to his laptop while Jin stayed on the floor, scrolling his cell and glancing at Namjoon’s back from time to time.

He wasn’t sure if it was the warmth in the studio, or the fact that he was really tired, or the soothing music coming from Namjoon’s headphones ( hm was he working on a ballad? That’s surprising), but Jin found himself dozing off a few times, and he laid on the floor, placing his head on the pillow, thinking how he will just close his eyes for a few seconds.

 

“Mhmmmm”

“ Is the princess finally awake?”

Argh. He could recognize that annoying voice anywhere.

“ Go away!”

Jin yelled and threw his pillow without looking.

“ You missed. But, what’s new there.”

The ty, low voice said, and Jin was officially irritated.

“ Remind me, why are we even roommates?”

Jin asked annoyed, slowly sitting up in his bed.

“ Well, because, you are the only one I can barely tolerate among these loud dorks. I mean you are a dork too, but at least you are quiet.”

The voice which was becoming more and more annoying answered, and Jin groaned, burying his face in his pillows.

“ God, I don’t deserve this.”

“ Now, now, I know you think that you are unworthy of sharing the room with the genius Min Yoongi, and I agree, but, alas, sometimes destiny smiles even upon the lowliest peasants. And before you throw another pillow at me, and fail miserably, like always, aren’t you wondering how you got here?”

Jin was just about to try and smash Yoongi’s smug face with that pillow, when he suddenly raised his head, squinting at his roommate, who had a wicked grin on his pale, grumpy face.

That was never good.

That usually meant that Jin was going to regret asking Yoongi what that means, like he always did, but he couldn’t help it, his curiosity beating him to it.

“ Didn’t I come home with Namjoon?”

Jin asked cautiously, but his heart was about to drop when he saw the corners of Yoongi’s lips twitching, the grin becoming even bigger.

“ Oh, you did come home, just not WITH Namjoon…It was more like ON Namjoon…”

Jin was sure he was pale as Yoongi right now, except that Yoongi was naturally pale, because he was a soulless bastard without a hint of sympathy who lived to make Jin’s life worse…

His throat was going dry, but he managed to croak out.

“ W-what?”

The heartless bastard in the bed across his, flashed his evil gummy smile as he said.

“ Well, Namjoon told Hoseok you fell asleep on the floor of his studio, and he felt bad that he made you stay there when you were so exhausted, so he piggybacked you all the way from the studio to our room.”

Jin’s palms were becoming sweaty, and he was feeling so embarrassed, that is until Yoongi continued.

“ Oh, but that’s not the best part.”

Jin shivered as Yoongi continued.

“ The best part is when Namjoon came into the room, carrying you on his back, trying to be as quiet as possible, so as to not wake me up, but that ship had sailed after he had managed to stub his toe on my bed, cursing as quietly as possible which was not really quiet, and knocking my huge Kumamon plushie next to my bed. It took all of my willpower not to get up at that very moment and strangle him on the spot. Anyways, I pretended to be asleep to avoid any small talk, or whatever, and then I was rewarded for my suffering. All of a sudden, you started mumbling something, and before Namjoon managed to ask you to repeat that, you stuck your tongue out and THE BACK OF HIS NECK! Namjoon’s reaction was PRICELESS! AHAHHA!”

His evil roommate started laughing while Jin stared at him horrified, trying to process what he had just heard.

However, he had no time to curse himself, because Yoongi continued.

“ Namjoon stiffened, and didn’t move for about a few minutes. God, I wanted to record it so badly ahahahah. And then you mumbled how he tasted delicious, and how you are hungry. And the next thing I knew was, you were BITING THE BACK OF HIS NECK OMG AHAHAHHAHA! I have to applaud myself, though. I don’t know how I managed to suppress my laughter at that moment, especially when Namjoon started blushing furiously, barely managing to put you in the bed, before he rushed out of our room with the speed of lightning, but not before tripping and falling a few times. Ahahahhaha! I can’t, it was ing awesome!”

His roommate kept dying of laughter, while Jin was dying of shame.

I bit Namjoon?!

No, I didn’t only bite him, I tried to EAT HIM, OH MY GOD!!!!

He buried his head in his face, thinking how the members were right when they said that if he was one of the 7 deadly sins, he would definitely be gluttony.

Heck, he would probably even eat himself in the end.

Oh God, Namjoon must be disgusted of me, and horrified, and how will I face him?

 He didn’t even realize he was groaning out loud until he heard Yoongi saying in a sympathetic voice.

“ Hey, all jokes aside, it wasn’t that bad. I mean we all know you are a black hole when it comes to food, and I am sure Namjoon understands. He was just surprised.”

“ You trying to comfort me, and being nice to me, means that I have ed up pretty bad.”

Jin groaned once again and buried his head in the pillow, never again wanting to leave his room.

 

Sadly for him, they had a photo shoot for an ad for Puma in an hour, so he had to force himself out of the bed.

He was the last to leave the dorm, or so he thought until he almost bumped into Namjoon in the living room who was also heading towards the car downstairs.

They looked at each other, and the atmosphere was so awkward that you could cut it with a knife.

Namjoon just looked away and murmured a faint “hey”, and Jin knew that the younger boy was probably scared for his life by Jin’s actions last night.

“ Hi…”

Jin greeted back, and they stood like that for a few moments, until Jin decided to be brave, and started.

“ Listen, about yesterday…”

but he was interrupted by their manager who barged in their dorm, telling them to hurry up, or they will be late, and thus obliterating any chance of a normal conversation with Namjon.

This time, it was Namjoon who tried to sit as far away as possible from him, and Jin frowned, feeling utterly like crap.

He stole a few glances towards the younger who seemed to be glued to the window, never taking his eyes off of the scenery in front of him.

Pft, what scenery?

All they passed next to, were old houses and some dumpsters, but obviously even that was more interesting than Jin.

Jin was getting slightly irritated, because even if he was the one who made a mistake yesterday, well first of all, he was unconscious, and second of all, it’s not like he was a carrier of plague, or something.

Okay, so he bit Namjoon, big-ing-deal, everyone knows how insufferable he is when he gets hungry.

Namjoon kept avoiding him the entire day, and whenever Jin would try to interact with him, Namjoon would stutter out some excuse, not meeting his eyes, and just running away from him as soon as possible.

Jin was not only angry, but also extremely hurt by his behavior.

He was so drained after their photo shoot, and the performance they did later on, that when the manager told them that they had the night off, he just plopped down on his bed and instantly fell asleep.

When he woke up, it was 9:30 p.m.

He stretched his back, pleased when he heard that popping sound, before he shuffled to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

The dorm was pretty quiet, considering the rapper line were in their studios, while a few hours ago he heard the maknae line saying how they will spend the night in arcades, or whatever.

Oh well, he also liked to be alone sometimes, just him and his thoughts.

He came into the kitchen, immediately halting when he saw a tall figure rummaging the fridge.

It seems that not all 3 rappers were in their studios.

“ Oh…It’s you…”

The words had slipped out, before he had time to think them through, causing the blonde to drop the bottle of milk he was holding, spilling it all over their kitchen tiles.

“ !’

Namjoon cursed loudly at the spilled milk, and took the sponge from the sink and started cleaning it.

Jin joined him, wanting to help, but as soon as they were done, Namjoon avoided eye contact, and tried to leave the kitchen without a word.

And, Jin had just woken up, and he was cranky, and moody, and scared, and annoyed, but most of all he didn’t want their friendship to go to hell, because of one unfortunate incident, so he grabbed the blonde by the arm, and said seriously.

“ Namjoon, stop avoiding me. We need to talk.”

He sensed Namjoon tensing up at that moment, before turning around with an unreadable expression, and saying in a quiet voice.

“ Alright.”

Now when he was finally face to face with the rapper, his inner coward started awakening.

Nevertheless, he took a deep sigh, and said the next words in one breath.

“ Okay, so I know about what I did, Yoongi told me, and I am sorry, and I know you are disgusted and uncomfortable, and the only solution is for you to bite me back on my neck, and then we are even.”

He inhaled deeply, trying to regain his breath, and saw Namjoon blinking at him with confusion.

“ Yoongi, saw it?”

Namjoon asked horrified, and Jin nodded.

He could see the slight blush appearing on Namjoon’s cheeks, and he knew the feel.

“ W-wait a second…Did you just ask me to bite you?”

Namjoon asked incredulously, and it was Jin’s time to blush as he stammered.

“ W-well, y-yeah, I mean, that’s the only thing I could come up with…To make things better again…”

He looked up, and met Namjoon’s intense gaze, and he had no idea what the younger was thinking.

It seemed as if Namjoon was considering his offer, and it was as if he was waging pros and cons of the suggestion, and Jin was starting to feel slightly ridiculous for even mentioning something like that, so he scratched his neck, and said.

“ L-look, if you don’t want to, then it’s fi…”

His statement was interrupted by Namjoon’s deep, firm voice.

“ I will do it.”

He stared at the blonde in slight shock, and he could see the resolution in Namjoon’s eyes which seemed a darker shade right now.

“Okay…”

was all he could whisper, before Namjoon took two large steps towards him, and Jin had nowhere to move, since his back was already against the kitchen counter.

He was already sure that he could hear the thrumming of his pulse in his ears, but his mind could only focus on the fact how close Namjoon was to him now.

He had slowly placed his hands on both sides of Jin, on the kitchen counter, and Jin had a hard time breathing.

Not knowing what to do with his hands, he steadied himself by putting them on the counter behind himself, clutching it tightly in case his legs decided to give out on him.

He was sure that he was blushing like crazy right now, but he couldn’t seem to bring himself to care, not with the way Namjoon was staring at him, not with the way Namjoon started leaning towards him, not with the way Namjoon’s lips found its way to his neck, and when they finally landed on his skin, it was as if sparks had gone off in his body.

Namjoon placed a light kiss on the side of his neck, and in response, Jin exposed more of his neck, tilting his head back, closing his eyes, and giving Namjoon more access, who immediately took that as a sign as he slowly the place where he was going to bite Jin.

The way his tongue slowly dragged across his skin, made Jin feel incredibly hot, as if every fiber of his being was on fire, and yet all he could do was shudder slightly, not letting out any sounds, preparing for the painful bite.

When Namjoon circled that area on his neck with his tongue, preparing him for the painful sensation that was about to follow, dragging his tongue slowly and sensually on his skin, Jin started breathing heavier. He was sure that when he bit Namjoon, it wasn’t pleasant, while this, this thing that Namjoon was doing right now, felt so good and it was so incredibly hard not to let out any sounds, but Jin tried his hardest. However, when those plush lips closed in on Jin’s neck , lightly on that place, instead of biting it, causing an absolute turmoil in Jin, his body decided to betray him with a whimper that escaped his lips when Namjoon on that spot harder, making Jin’s toes curl.

“Nnnngh!”

the blonde also seemed to be surprised by Jin’s reaction, pulling away from his neck, only to stare at Jin, his eyes slightly wide and still darker than usual, his lips parted and just perfect.

Jin was also staring at him, and he started gnawing on his lower lip, worrying that he made things even more awkward between them, but when he saw Namjoon’s eyes flickering to his lips, and then back to his eyes, his breath hitched, and they both started leaning towards each other, as if there was some magnetic force pulling them to each other, and just a little bit more, and they will finally…

“ YO, WE ARE HOOOOME!”

Both Jin and Namjoon heard a loud voice coming from the hallway, and it was then that they realized what they were about to do, and Namjoon looked as if somebody had splashed him with ice cold water at that moment, jumping away from Jin so fast, as if Jin was contagious, or something.

“ Hey, whatcha doin’?”

Hoseok popped his head in the kitchen, staring at both of them curiously, and Namjoon cleared his throat, answering in a voice much hoarser than usual.

“ Nothing much, I was just getting some water. Anyways, got to go work on my song. Bye.”

And with that the blonde left, leaving a confused Hoseok, and a bewildered Jin.

“ What’s up with him?”

Hoseok asked, and Jin just shrugged his shoulders, thinking how if he said anything, his voice would betray him, so he retreated to his room.

He pretended to be sleeping when Yoongi came in, an hour later, although there was no way he could fall asleep, constantly going over what had happened with Namjoon in the kitchen.

He was sure that before Hobi had interrupted them, Namjoon was about to kiss him.

But, why?

Could it be, that maybe, just maybe, he has some feelings for me too?

Jin squealed into his pillow, going to the bathroom to splash some cold water on his face, to clear his head,

He stared at his reflection, frowning when he saw a red spot on his neck.

“ Ah, when the hell did a mosquito manage to bite me?”

He touched the mark, and then he realized that it was no insect bite.

It was Namjoon’s mark.

It was a hickey.

This is too much, Jin thought, his heart beating like crazy, and he splashed the water on his face, and his neck, before returning to bed, and trying ( and failing) to get some sleep.

 

After that weird moment they shared, things became slightly off between them.

They weren’t avoiding each other, but whenever their eyes met, or whenever their hands would accidentally brush, they would both turn into a babbling mess, faces becoming flushed, as they would try to change the topic, and distance themselves from each other.

The members started to notice it too, with Jimin coming up to him one day, and asking him if he and Namjoon fought about something.

Jin was so surprised that he immediately started speaking in a tone much higher than his usual one, trying to reassure Jimin who seemed worried, that they hadn’t fought, and that currently they just needed some time away from each other.

If only everyone thought they were fighting, it would have been easier.

At least it would have spared him the embarrassment when Yoongi entered the kitchen one day, saying in a nonchalant voice.

“ You know, you should just confess to him already, instead of gazing at him from the distance like some lovestruck idiot.”

causing Jin to choke on the water he was drinking, starting to cough violently, and hearing Namjoon’s worried voice coming from the living room ( or more specifically the sofa where he had been sitting for the past hour, reading some book while Jin may, or may have not, been watching him for the past half an hour.), asking if he is okay.

“ He is fine.”

Yoongi answered lazily while tapping Jin’s back, a bit harshly, that jerk.

When Jin finally recovered from his coughing fit, offering Namjoon a shy smile to reassure him everything was fine, he glared at his roommate who had a calm expression, as if he hadn’t just dropped the bomb on Jin.

“ I d-don’t know what you are talk…”

Jin started to justify himself, but the grump of his roommate raised his hand in air to stop him from speaking, saying in a lazy voice.

“ Don’t even bother denying it. You are too obvious, well to me at least. And instead of pining like that, making the others worry if you had a fight with him, just man up and tell him you like him already. I am pretty sure, he likes you back.”

Now, Jin really wanted to hit Yoongi ( and also ask him why he thought that Namjoon likes him back), but his anger won over at the hypocrisy of his roommate, who always acted as if he knew everything.

“Funny that you should say that, because the last time I checked, Hoseok was still single.”

Jin replied venomously, a triumphant smile gracing his lips as he saw his roommate’s body tensing next to him, even though he tried to keep that indifferent expression.

“ I don’t see what Hoseok has to do with all of this.”

Yoongi said in a calm voice, but the slight raise of it at the end, confirmed to Jin what he had known long ago.

“ Oh, I think you do, after all, aren’t you a genius? But, I guess that title only applies when you tell others how to live their lives, and not when it comes to your own love life. So, I will man up, when you man up, and in the future, please refrain from giving me a piece of your mind concerning my love affairs.”

Jin finished seriously, and started walking away, satisfied when he saw the blush dusting his roommate’s cheeks.

Yoongi watched his tall roommate going into the living room, and he clicked his tongue in annoyance.

Damn, I forgot how ruthless Jin-Hyung could be, when provoked.

I guess that’s another reason I chose him as my roommate, he thought with a sigh, slightly annoyed that Jin managed to have the upper hand in this case.

His gaze then traveled to Hobi, who had just entered the living room in his towel, and he bit his lip, thinking how he and Jin were really screwed for falling for their band mates.

 

 

After 4 hours in the plane, they had finally landed in Manila.

They were supposed to record show champion tomorrow, so Jin couldn’t wait to get to the hotel and rest.

When they were in the lobby of the luxurious “New World Manila Bay” hotel, Sejin ,their manager, announced who will room with who.

Yoongi and Hoseok.

The maknae line together.

And lastly, Jin and Namjoon

The rest of them were ecstatic, since the maknaes loved being together and doing their shenanigans, and Jin was sure that Yoongi didn’t mind being with his long time crush, so nobody noticed how Jin and Namjoon tensed, and exchanged an awkward look when they found out they were rooming together.

Jin really wanted to switch roommates for the night, but he knew that if he said anything, it would seem suspicious, and the members and their manager would start asking him questions, and he really wasn’t ready to talk about his feelings towards Namjoon.

He took his suitcase with a sigh and he was the last one to head towards the elevators.

Namjoon had already taken their key, and practically started sprinting towards the room, without even sparing Jin a glance.

He was probably feeling weird as well, especially since both of them have been walking on eggshells around each other, ever since that moment in the kitchen, 2 weeks ago, when Namjoon had on his neck, left a hickey on it, and also managed to cause some unbearable between them.

Ever since then, both of them tried to have as little contact as possible, and sleeping in the same room, really wasn’t going to help that.

He got a bit startled when someone put a hand on his back, and he relaxed seeing it was only Yoongi.

“ This is your chance, Hyung. I manned up, so tonight it’s time for you to do the same.”

his grumpy friend said with a wicked grin, and Jin was just about to ask what he was talking about when Yoongi started walking faster until he reached Hoseok, placing his hand on the younger’s and giving it a light squeeze.

The action made the lanky rapper squeak in surprise, before lightly slapping Yoongi’s shoulder, both of them grinning at each other, with Yoongi looking back and raising his eyebrows at Jin.

Jin stood in his spot frozen, his mouth agape.

That little er.

He actually hooked up with Hoseok.

Well, no matter what, he was really happy for them.

It was pretty obvious how much they both liked each other, just that they were both oblivious to each other’s feelings.

Unlike him and Namjoon, where he was the one harboring a one-sided crush on the rapper, while Namjoon probably just felt awkward around him, and even if he noticed Jin’s feelings, he was probably careful of not hurting him by rejecting him directly.

At last he had reached their hotel room at the 5th floor.

He tried to walk as slow as possible, and thus prolong his encounter with Namjoon, but now there was no turning back.

After all it took him about half an hour to get to the room, and people might get worried that he was taking so long, when usually people reached their rooms in 5-10 minutes.

He took a deep breath, before placing his hand on the doorknob.

He could do this, he tried to convince himself.

After all, what is one night in the same room as Namjoon, when they had all been practically sharing the same room when they were trainees, and before moving to the new dorm where everyone had got their own roommate.

It was going to be fine.

He entered the room at the exact same time Namjoon had come out of the bathroom.

In nothing, but a white towel hanging loose around his hips, his blonde strands wet and tousled, and he looked at Jin, his expression slightly changing, before saying.

“ Uh, hey, Hyung. Uhm, you can use the shower if you want?”

Namjoon was staring at him expectantly, and only when his expression started changing into one of confusion did Jin realize that he was frozen in his spot, staring, and not saying anything.

“ Ah, uh,y-yeah, n-no, I got to go.”

He stuttered out like an idiot, feeling his cheeks reddening, and he closed the door, and started walking down the hallway.

He didn’t know where he was going, but he knew that he had to get away from the room in which his hot crush was, half-.

Now, he shouldn’t have been affected by Namjoon’s body so much.

After all, he had seen him so many times shirtless, in their practice room after an intense dance routine when they were all sweaty from the practice, in the dorm when they changed clothes, or got out of the shower.

But, he had never seen Namjoon shirtless, ever since he had discovered that he was in love with him.

Before, he had never paid much attention to the rapper’s body, but today he could not look away from his tanned, firm upper body. And even though Namjoon didn’t have rock-hard abs like Jimin, he still had abs, and he was still more muscular than Jin, those drops of water defining his fit body. Jin wondered how those lines would feel underneath his fingers, underneath his lips, woah, no…, focus Jin, FOCUS!

And, what is Namjoon going to think about the way he stared at him, and then stormed out of the room?

Sharing a room with him was so not going to be fine.

 

After about 2 hours of wandering the hotel, and even having a few drinks in the bar of the hotel, he felt brave enough to return to the room.

Thank God for alcohol, making him feel more relaxed.

He entered the room quietly, and prayed that Namjoon was already asleep.

Seems that his wish was granted, seeing that the lights were off, with the only light coming from the moonlight, spilling across his bed, outlining the path to his bed.

He quickly opened his suitcase in the hallway of their room, and took out a towel, and his sleeping clothes and entered the bathroom.

He really needed a quick shower, before going to bed.

Also, he had hoped that if Namjoon wasn’t asleep already, he would be, by the time he finished his shower.

He stepped into the shower, shivering when his feet came in contact with the cold ceramic tiles. As the lukewarm drops trickled down his body, and he massaged his head by rubbing his strawberry-scented shampoo in his blonde locks which were now slightly faded, he tried to get the image of Namjoon’s body out of his head. But, apparently, standing in the shower, his eyes closed as he was trying to not think of his crush’s body while he was sleeping a few feet away, proved to have the opposite effect on his, as he could feel his arousal slowly growing. He bit his bottom lip, and turned the water from pleasantly warm to chillingly cold, hoping to reduce his growing problem.

When he got out of the shower, freezing a bit, after he had taken drastic measures which thankfully had the desired effect on his body, he stared at his reflection in the mirror. His hair was tousled, his cheeks slightly flushed, and he watched his stomach in the mirror, slightly touching it, and frowning when he felt the softness of it. No matter how much he worked out, he loved food too much, so the exercises only helped him not gain any weight, but he hated how comparing to Namjoon’s body, his was so soft and undefined.

With a last sigh, he wore his sweatpants and his plain white tee, the fabric sticking to his damp body, outlining it perfectly.

He got out of the bathroom, and made his way towards his bed next to the window, not daring to cast a look at Namjoon’s bed which was next to the wall.

When he was about to get into the soft covers, he heard a deep voice coming from the bed behind him.

“ Hyung, come here.”

W-what?

His mind was a blank.

Did Namjoon just invite him to his bed?

Okay, okay, calm down, he probably wants to talk about the way I rushed out of the room this afternoon.

God, but I really don’t want to.

I am not ready for this, Jin thought as he gnawed on his lower lip.

However, he couldn’t ignore his band mate forever.

He turned around slowly, his heart skipping a beat when he saw Namjoon, lying in his bed, his head propped on his elbow, staring at Jin intently, and patting a spot next to him on the bed.

Oh my god, my heart is not strong enough for this, Jin panicked, as he made shaky steps towards the bed.

When he was standing next to it, hovering above Namjoon, still uncertain, the rapper said.

“ Lay beside me.”

How was Namjoon so calm, Jin wondered, as those words left Namjoon’s mouth, with the rapper being completely unaware of the turmoil it had caused in Jin’s body.

He obliged, realizing that nothing was going to happen, unless he made the first move, and he was too much of a coward to do that, and obviously Namjoon was too calm, because he felt nothing towards Jin, and because he wasn’t having a mental breakdown like Jin was now, after his suggestion.

He laid down on the bed, trying to create as much distance between him and Namjoon, making sure their bodies were not touching, although the bed wasn’t really meant for two people, a fact he was painfully aware as he felt the heat radiating off Namjoon’s body next to him, in addition to his hot breath fawning over his face, and it didn’t help that Namjoon was still staring down at him, with Jin refusing to meet his eye, opting for looking at the ceiling above him.

“ Will you look at me?”

Namjoon said in a voice so much deeper than Jin was used to, that it made his whole body tingle.

He looked up, and he wished he hadn’t.

The way Namjoon was looking at him, made his whole façade of acting indifferent crumble to pieces.

Those dark brown eyes were scanning his face, moving slowly from his forehead, to his eyes, over his cheeks, until they finally landed on his lips, and when Jin saw Namjoon his lips slightly after that, he felt dizzy.

This was a dream, right?

Because, there is no way that Namjoon felt the same as him.

Right?

“ What are you thinking about?”

the low voice startled him out of his thoughts and he was met with Namjoon’s curious eyes.

“ N-nothing.”

Jin lied, too scared to tell the rapper how he was imagining Namjoon on top of him, taking possession of his lips in a heated kiss that was sure to leave them both breathless.

“ Hmm…Then do you want to know what I am thinking about currently?”

Namjoon hummed in that eargasmic voice of his, and Jin already felt short of breath.

He wasn’t sure if he wanted to know, because knowing Namjoon’s thoughts, and judging by the way he was looking at him right now, would probably mean that something was going to happen right now, something that would change their relationship for good, and no matter how badly Jin wanted that, he was also scared.

But, the need won over his fear, and he whispered.

“ Yes….”

At that moment, Namjoon’s lips curved into a slight smile, a sort of a smirk, and Jin wanted to take back what he said a moment ago, because he literally felt that his heart was going to explode at that moment.

“ I am thinking about…How unbelievably beautiful you look like that…With the moonlight falling over your perfect facial features, lighting them up, even though you already shine the brightest in my eyes…”

Namjoon drawled out in that incredibly smooth voice of his, and as if it wasn’t bad enough that his confession made something stir inside of Jin’s chest, so impossibly heavy and warm, Namjoon had to even place his hand on his waist, slowly slipping his fingers inside of Jin’s tee, the warm fingers running along his cold skin, making small circles on his hip, making him gasp and arch his back slightly.

He was feeling feverish, although he was perfectly healthy, but that is just the kind of effect Namjoon’s unexpected action had on him.

“ I kind of got the feeling that you won’t hate it if I did this… I hope I am not wrong?”

A voice above him said, still rough and determined, but also slightly unsure, and Jin wanted to laugh at Namjoon’s words, because how could he even think for one second, that he would hate something like this??

He freaking loved it, the way Namjoon’s fingertips slightly brushed over his skin as he kept rubbing little circles on his skin, making his toes curl, but he was just so overwhelmed with the sensation that he blurted out the words without thinking.

“ God, I so don’t hate it…Just, why now, after all this time?”

he wondered if he should have asked it so directly, if Namjoon was going to pull away from him now, and start avoiding him like he did after that kitchen incident, but honestly, he needed to know. He was so tired of this awkwardness between them, of always being careful not to say, or do something that would push the rapper away from him, and now when Namjoon took the initiative, Jin really needed to know if this was just a one-night thing, or if it was something more?

He heard Namjoon’s chuckle and he looked up at the blonde, who was staring at him fondly, but also with a playful smile.

“ I guess it’s because I was never sure how you felt about me. I mean, I always knew you were different. To me, at least. While I love all the members, I felt a different kind of affection towards you. My gaze would always linger on you for longer that it should, and I would smile stupidly whenever you did something cute, or made one of your bad puns, until Yoongi told me I was grossing him out when he saw me once, grinning like an idiot at one of your lame dad jokes. And so, after that, about a year ago, I finally realized why I was acting like that towards you. It was so simple, and I couldn’t believe it took me so long to realize it. It was because I was in love with you. Because I am in love with you.”

Jin didn’t even realize he was holding his breath, unable to take off his gaze of the blonde, until his chest started aching painfully from the lack of air, but he didn’t dare to breathe, he didn’t dare ruin this moment.

“ But, I never dared act on it. I never dared express my feelings, knowing that you didn’t feel the same. I mean, how could you? You were so out of my league, so perfect, completely out of my reach. So, I settled for our hyung-dongsaeng relationship, for the fact that we are in the same band, living together, experiencing the most beautiful moments in our lives together. And, honestly, just the fact that you were there, your presence alone, made me grateful, and I really didn’t need anything else. But, then…Then you did that thing… You came to my studio, you fed me, you fell asleep, and I carried you to your room, barely restraining myself from carrying you to my bed, tucking you into a blanket and snuggling next to you. It was all fine until I felt your warm tongue on the back of my neck, and I froze. I didn’t know what to do, and God, then you bit me, saying how you were hungry, and the worst part was that it was such a light bite, your teeth grazing my skin, and I felt so by that, and so embarrassed for thinking that about you, immediately placing you on your bed, and rushing out of the room. Before you did that, I was fine with our platonic relationship, just admiring you from afar, but after that…God, I just couldn’t think straight anymore, and whenever I saw you, I would start imagining your lips on my neck, your fingers on my skin, your lips on mine, so I started avoiding you. But, of course, you weren’t going to let it go, and then you practically gave me an invitation to assault your neck in the kitchen, and I tried so hard not to, but I lost control, and even on your neck, and it felt so good. If Hoseok hadn’t interrupted us, I can’t guarantee that I would have stopped. Even after that, I was still not sure if you felt something towards me, although I did felt something changing in our relationship. And I finally got my confirmation of how you felt this afternoon, after you stared at me in a daze, blushing furiously, before running away like a little rabbit running away from his hunter. So, I decided that there is no need to wait anymore.”

Namjoon finished with his devilish grin, and Jin couldn’t believe all that he had just heard, and he knew that he was supposed to say something, that he should describe the way he felt all this time about Namjoon, but Namjoon’s fingers were roaming above his ribcage, so lightly, so gently, and Jin couldn’t take it anymore, finally exhaling, breathlessly whispering.

“ God, you are amazing.”

before his fingers found the way to the back of Namjoon’s neck, curling around it gently, but firmly, pulling the rapper towards himself, until their lips finally connected, and through his half-lidded eyes he could see Namjoon’s slightly widened eyes which immediately softened, and Jin closed his eyes, and sighed against Namjoon’s lips, finally feeling completely content.

Namjoon’s other hand found its way to his cheek, gently resting it there, his thumb caressing his cheek bone, and Jin was sure he was in heaven. The way Namjoon’s lips moved against his, slowly, and gently, but with some sort of firmness, made his insides turn. He was so lost in the feeling of Namjoon’s moist lips moving against his, Namjoon’s teeth grazing his lower lip as he nibbled on it slightly, making Jin’s mind even hazier from pleasure, that he didn’t even notice Namjoon changing his position, now straddling him, his knees on both sides of Jin’s hips, as he was now cupping his face with both of his hands, his tongue slightly running across Jin’s lower lip, making Jin gasp and part his lips, allowing Namjoon to deepen the kiss. As he felt Namjoon’s tongue exploring his mouth, his hands flew to Namjoon’s soft hair, his fingers tangling in it, as he pulled him even closer, wanting to feel him even more if that was possible, and when he tugged the rapper’s strands slightly rougher, Namjoon groaned into the kiss, slightly rolling his hips on Jin’s, making the elder moan into the kiss.

The sound he elicited from the elder seemed to have pleased Namjoon, as he broke the kiss, staring at Jin with those dark eyes, before leaning in, and pressing his lips to Jin’s jawline. Jin trembled from pleasure, lifting his jaw and exposing his throat to the rapper, who immediately started pressing butterfly kisses all over Jin’s neck, sometimes even slightly on it, making Jin gasp and moan his name.

“ J-joonie…”

it was a sort of a plea, to continue to drive him mad, to continue marking him as his, to just have all of him at once.

He felt Namjoon in a sharp breath after Jin had moaned out his name, well his nickname, and then he felt his tee being pushed up, he felt Namjoon’s fingers trailing up his ribcage, all over his sternum, circling around his hard s, but never touching them, making Jin even more frustrated and aroused and making him snap, before finally sliding his hands underneath the hem of Namjoon’s shirt, relishing in the feel of his fingertips across Namjoon’s abs, tracing the firm lines all the way to his chest, making Namjoon shudder and stutter out breathlessly.

“ , Jin…”

And Jin was glad he was having the same effect on Namjoon as the younger had on him, seeing Namjoon’s closed eyes, his lower lip between his teeth, making Jin swipe his thumb across it, releasing his lower lips from his teeth, before wrapping his arms around the rapper’s neck, and pulling him in another passionate kiss. This time he took the initiative, wasting no time, immediately darting his tongue over that swollen lip, pleased when the access was granted immediately with Namjoon gasping and relaxing under his touch, parting his lips and letting Jin drink up all of him.

He wasn’t sure how much time had passed with them kissing and exploring each other’s bodies eagerly, before exhaustion finally caught up to them and they fell asleep.

In the morning he found himself snuggled into the crook of Namjoon’s neck, his hand on Namjoon’s chest and his leg in between Namjoon’s while Namjoon’s hand rested on his waist.

He smiled and pressed a kiss on the neck of a sleeping Namjoon, whispering.

“ I am so in love with you.”

Before closing his eyes, trying to get a bit more of sleep, until they needed to wake up and go to their recording.

If he had only looked at Namjoon’s face at that moment, he would have realized that the rapper wasn’t sleeping, as a warm smile found its way to his lips, before he pressed a kiss in his now boyfriend’s hair.

Even though Jin was always by his side, this time, he was sure that with Jin in his embrace, he could definitely confirm, that right now was the most beautiful moment of his life.


So, I have been thinking a lot whether I should include actual , or not, but somehow, I didn't. Even though there were hot scenes, I kind of wanted to leave it like that, without describing them making love. I don't know, but somehow I felt that for this fic, it was nicer to leave it this way... That is just my opinion though, I am sorry if you were disappointed by it, but I hope you still liked this story. :) I really loved writing this, god NamJin is just argh <3