I Came to Dance [Ravi]

Liberal Education


“So what you’re saying is that I will need a tutor?” Kim Wonshik shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he looked at his professor Hanbyul as she sighed in response. She eyed the tall boy who seemed to get increasingly uncomfortable in his seat as the silence prolonged. Wonshik had entered the university a year and a half ago to do his major in Business and Marketing. He had always been sincere and respectful making him one of her favourite students.

But he had absolutely no idea what he was doing.

Hanbyul had spent multiple sessions with Wonshik trying to explain concepts to him that seemed rather easy for her, but to him, it was a real struggle and she wasn’t entirely sure why. She couldn’t spend her entire day teaching Wonshik things all over again, particularly since she was the head of the Business department and had so many other commitments to the university. She had to hand the tutoring business over to someone else.

Which was why she had Wonshik squirming around in the chair in front of her. While he got along with his group of friends, Wonshik could be rather awkward with new people and now Hanbyul was questioning her decision to make Kim Haneul his tutor. She sighed again, watching Wonshik’s shifty eyes fix themselves on her.

“Yes, Wonshik, that’s what I’m saying.”

Wonshik was somewhere between worried and anxious. He had grown comfortable enough with Professor Hanbyul to share that the Business degree was simply to please his parents since music was his passion. He assumed that was why she had taken up helping him out through his studies, but now she was passing the duty onto someone else.

He didn’t blame her though, he had been very honest with her about his intentions and didn’t really expect her to go through all the trouble for him. He had joined the Business major to avoid getting into Medicine or Engineering which was what his parents had wanted him to get into. He thought it would be easy; except when he actually got down to it, he realized the world of marketing and business was far more complicated than he had ever expected.

“Just get in touch with Kim Haneul,” Hanbyul said, making Wonshik snap out of his thoughts.

“Hold on, you want me to ask THE Kim Haneul to tutor me?” Wonshik gaped at Hanbyul like she had given him the most impossible mission in the planet. He knew Kim Haneul; not personally though. She was one of the smartest people in the class and was an active member in the college student council and extremely intimidating if anyone asked Kim Wonshik for his opinion.

Except no one did and Professor Hanbyul had now pushed him, awkward but nice Kim Wonshik, into something he was completely unsure of. He resigned himself to his fate and decided to approach Haneul, worst case scenarios playing out in his head.

What really threw him off was her smile. She had a pleasant one, nothing fake or false about it when he approached her right after an Ad Strategies class where Wonshik had nearly fallen asleep thanks to his sleepless night at work.  The sweater she wore fit her form just right and the crisp collar of her shirt peeked out from under. Kim Haneul looked the part of a professional, but it was her smile that gave everything away. She was tall, not taller than him, but just the right height for him to look right into her dark eyes and fumble for the right words.

“Well, uh, I just wanted to know…” Wonshik started wondering how much of a blithering idiot Haneul thought he was “if you could...uh, help me out with some of the courses?”

The smile never faltered as she nodded “Of course, Professor Hanbyul told me that you needed a partner for your business classes to give you a push. I don’t mind at all.” Wonshik nodded, feeling embarrassed about the entire affair. He should have just asked Prof Hanbyul to assign a different tutor.

“Do you want to get some coffee while we discuss this?” Haneul asked him. “Sure” Wonshik agreed. Maybe the cafe would make it a little less weird. Haneul gathered her books and he let her lead the way to the cafe.

“What exactly do you need help with?” Haneul asked him, once they had their drinks in hand. A little bit of everything was the true answer to the question but Wonshik wouldn't say that. He didn't want to ask for too much. He should start with something small.

“We have a business plan presentation coming up in three weeks. I was wondering if you could help me go about it” Wonshik told her. Haneul nodded as she took a sip of her lemon tea. He could see her thinking already and he found that a little cute. If this wasn't awkward as hell, he would definitely have appreciated it more.

“Oh okay. Do you have a business idea in mind?” Haneul asked finally. Wonshik nodded, unused to someone so intimidating giving him her full attention. She had a kind smile and a sweet tempered tone but Wonshik couldn't bring himself to relax. He coughed awkwardly when he realised that she had been waiting for a verbal answer.

“I was thinking of looking at media marketing and distribution. A business something along the lines of helping promote people” Wonshik told her. Haneul nodded to herself. He wondered if he sounded really dumb because of how vague his answers were.

“That's a pretty wide field. Is there anything particular you want to focus on?” Haneul asked him. She noted Wonshik’s confused expression and realised that she should lay it out better.

“Promoting any artist or talent is a complicated process. Usually as an entertainment company you would focus on recruiting talent, grooming them and managing their art. Like idols! They are scouted and they undergo training before they debut. Each part is complicated in itself so if you focus on just one step you might find a specialised opportunity” she told him.

“That makes sense” Wonshik nodded to himself. “A lot of business subjects are easy to understand if you can relate them to actual practice” Haneul agreed.

“So I should focus on finding a particular thing that my startup can do” Wonshik concluded. “Yup. Get a business idea. Then see how you will get all the required resources and where you will be selling your final product or service. Work out where to get the money from and you have a pretty good skeleton of a business plan” Haneul told him.

Wonshik blinked, his tiredness slowly affecting his attention span. “Want me to write it down for you?” Haneul asked kindly. She had noted his look and hence suggested some coffee. Perhaps sleep would have been better for the poor man. He did look extremely cute while rubbing his eyes though.

“This should cover the basics” she said, jotting down points. She made a list of basics to be found and a separate list of all the areas he could focus on for specific issues that could crop up. She tore out the pages and handed them over to Wonshik.

“Thank you for all the help” Wonshik said gratefully. “My pleasure. Don't hesitate to ask me for help if you have doubts or something” Haneul told him. Wonshik nodded. He skimmed through the list. It was a good place to start.

“I have a class in ten so I will leave first” Haneul said, getting up. “Okay. Thank you once again” Wonshik said, standing up too. She smiled at him before leaving and Wonshik slumped in his chair. This was perfect. She was intelligent and smart. He knew that her focus was on finance but she had a lot of business knowledge too clearly. And on top of everything, she was pretty and kind and patient. How had he even survived a coffee session with her?

He frowned. He couldn't keep troubling Haneul. She was helpful but she would go out of her way and he really shouldn't make her do that. He looked at the list in his hand. He would work it out comprehensively before going back to her.

Sanghyuk for being whipped as he sat up most of the evening working on the list Haneul had given him. He had skipped out on playing video games and focused entirely on the task which seemed to make a lot more sense now that he had some real life example to apply it to. Particularly when it was something so close to his heart. Sanghyuk hovered around him suspiciously until Wonshik threw his pillow at him, chasing the younger man away.

Wonshik stared at the list of with ideas flooding into his head as he uncapped his pen and began scribbling into a notebook. He wasn’t sure how long he worked but when the Sanghyuk entered the room much later (way after curfew), he found Wonshik snoring with his head on the table.

-x-

“Where are you?” Taekwoon asked when Wonshik picked up the call. “. I overslept” Wonshik swore under his breathe. He saw the time. Soccer practice must have gotten over 10 minutes ago. Jung Taekwoon was going to eat him alive.

“What else is new?” Taekwoon grumbled. “I'm sorry” he apologised. Wonshik got out of bed. He had to go over to the club in forty minutes and set up for the night anyways.  “Just be on time next time” Taekwoon said. Wonshik nodded, even though it was a phone call before ending it.

He beatboxed as he got ready. To be honest he was excited about tonight. It was a Thursday night and on Thursdays he got to try out some new mixes at the club. The crowd was less so it was a sort of litmus test. If the select few liked the songs he would get to add them to the lineup on the weekends.

He grabbed a low cut thin black t shirt and some blue jeans. He put on a jacket and took his helmet. He locked up and left with his bag containing his CDs. He could vaguely feel people looking at him. He blushed when a couple of girls pointed out to him and giggled. He got onto his bike and revved it up (causing the fangirls to swoon) before riding away.

QoD, short for Queen of Diamonds, was a small club that had started around 5 years ago near campus. Wonshik had snuck in with a fake ID during his first year and had loved the ambience of the place. During his second year, he had run into the DJ, Oh Sangyeop, who had identified him by his soundcloud mixes and youtube videos. He'd been lucky enough to get a shot at DJing on Tuesdays and had slowly become a regular for the Thursday to Sunday shifts. Occasionally he would come in for an hour or so on the remaining days and as a result all the regulars knew him.

He hummed Electric Heart as he set up the station and checked the mics. The speakers had been recently calibrated and sounded beautiful for bass. “All set up?” Sangyeop asked. “Yeah. I'm just doing a mic check” Wonshik told him. “Well it's Happy Hours Thursdays so expect a lot of happy ladies ogling at you” Sangyeop joked. “I don't think all of them look at me” Wonshik said modestly. “Of course they do. They aren't interested in a boring 40 plus year old. And if you take your shirt off then we can guarantee everyone would be looking at you” Sangyeop teased.

“I do have a good body don't I?” Wonshik laughed, his hands going to his muscles. “Show off” Sangyeop said when Wonshik pretended to flex his biceps and model. Wonshik laughed before going back to set up. The night started off slowly before picking up pace at 9 and after. Wonshik got a couple of cheers from the crowd and he ended up playing an extra hour with Sangyeop dropping in remixes.

“I'll have a glass of water” Wonshik said, leaning over at the bar. “Sure” the bartender Jaehwan, replied. “Excuse me. Aren't you the DJ from earlier tonight?” a woman next to him asked. “Yeah” he replied with a small smile. “I thought that the playlist was really hot” she said, putting her hand on Wonshik’s. The bartender smirked when he put a glass of ice water down in front of him. Wonshik knew for certain that Jaehwan was never going to let go of this for a long time and being from the same college and in the soccer club together, Jaehwan had even more opportunities to pull Wonshik’s leg.

Like Sanghyuk wasn’t doing that enough.

“Thank you” Wonshik said, moving his hand away to pick up the glass of water. He raised the glass to her before finishing it in one gulp and walking away. Sangyeop who had seen the exchange was laughing at the booth. ‘Abs are all that is left’ he mouthed and Wonshik shook his head. This wasn't an uncommon experience but he didn't really believe in flings and one night stands. He decided to concentrate on the music instead. He had a pop quiz in the morning but he could study for that later.

-x-

Wonshik did not hear his alarm going off at 5am. He cursed because it was 7 and his quiz was at 9. He could forego breakfast. And he did have a copy of the notes on his phone. He hurriedly got ready before grabbing his phone along with the charging cord.He had a couple of messages but there was one from an unknown number. He normally tended to ignore those but the word ‘Haneul’ caught his eye.

‘Hey! This is Haneul. Got your number from the class group. Let me know if you need notes or want to revise for the pop quiz in econ tomorrow!’

 

Wonshik didn't know how he had gotten so lucky. But would Haneul agree to teach him anything so late in the morning? He bit his lip, debating if he should text her or not.

‘A crash course in under ten minutes? (^.^”)’

‘Sure. Classroom at 8.30?’

 

Wonshik took a quick shower and took off. Sanghyuk cringed as he exited the bathroom muttering something about his shower being so short it couldn’t have been a proper shower. He had the entire morning free after the quiz. He could eat then. And he didn't want to make Haneul wait.

“Hi” Haneul greeted him when he arrived. “Hey” he said a little out of breathe. Haneul got momentarily distracted by his heavy breathing. His hair was still wet from a shower she presumed, and had left little bed head spikes on his head. He wore a simple hoodie with cargo pants but the way he carried himself made the necessary impact. Haneul had trouble believing this was the same boy who had been awkward at their first meeting.

“All prepped for the quiz?” Haneul asked, knowing the answer already. “Kinda” Wonshik said avoiding answering. “Luckily it is just a multiple choice quiz. There is just one main principle to remember” she told him.

“What do you remember about utility?” she asked him. “That it is a unit of satisfaction from a product?” Wonshik hazarded a guess. “Right. In the concept you look at how useful the product is to the consumer. It is literally the actual definition of the word” she explained. “Say water for example. We need water to survive so it has high utility.”

Wonshik nodded, keeping up with her so far. “Now consider a situation where you are really hungry and you order pizza” she started. Wonshik raised an eyebrow but waited to hear the rest. “So you get a really large pizza that's cut up into 6 parts. And you eat a piece. After every piece, you are less hungry than before. Correct?” she asked him. “Yeah” he replied. “So even though you get the same pizza piece, your satisfaction with it is different” she added. “Because every time you are less hungry. The conditions are changing” Wonshik reasoned.

“Right! It's pizza so you stuff your face but by the last slice you are dying” Haneul said, making Wonshik chuckle. “So that is marginal utility?” he asked her. She nodded. “That's all you need for today” she told him. He sighed with relief, leaning back on his chair.

“Did you get any sleep last night?” Haneul asked with a small frown. “You didn't end up pulling an all nighter for this, yeah?” she worried. “I had a late night” Wonshik said after a long break. “You seem really tired” she said hoping it wasn't too intrusive. He shook his head and concentrated on reading the notes. Haneul frowned but made a point to ask him about it later.

The class began to fill up as more people made their way into it. Most of them looked half asleep since 9:00 AM classes were the bane of any student’s existence. Haneul watched the professor enter the room and muttered a ‘good luck’ to Wonshik who gave her a tiny smile in response. She hurried over to join Sooyeon, who had entered the classroom rather sleepily and plonked herself on the seat nearest to the door. Finding herself glancing at Wonshik yet again, she pursed her lips. She wasn’t entirely sure as to why she was taking so much interest in helping him out. Sure, she didn’t mind helping people out, but there was something about his awkward sweetness that made her want to help him even more.

Turning back to spot Sooyeon’s head on the table, she poked at her, trying to revive her usually cheerful friend. Sooyeon groaned about the faculty being really annoying and how classes should simply be shifted to a more convenient time.

“You need to sleep, just finish the quiz, go back to your room and sleep.” Haneul muttered to Sooyeon who raised her head to pluck the quiz sheet from the professor’s hand.

“What I need is a drink and some dancing.” Sooyeon replied, lazily glancing over the questions on the sheet. The professor hissed for silence as Haneul shot one last look towards Wonshik who looked down at the sheet while running his hand through his hair making his bed head spike up even more. Realizing that she was possibly staring, she turned back to her paper only to hear Sooyeon mutter.

“QoD; tomorrow evening, I’m drinking and you’re coming with me.”

Haneul sighed, she knew that Sooyeon wouldn’t take no for an answer, she also knew that she needed a night off to unwind and just dance. Looking at her paper she rolled her eyes, even a daft person would have known these questions came straight from the internet.  Sighing, she picked up her pen and began swiftly answering the questions, ignoring Sooyeon’s soft declarations about wanting to try a Jagerbomb this time. She knew Sooyeon’s favourite drink and it was definitely not a Jagerbomb.

Wonshik was conflicted between staring at the test sheet, staring at Haneul, and glaring at his stomach for growling so loudly. Haneul had been right, the quiz was not very difficult but going over the general topic had been a good refresher for his sleep addled brain. Ticking off answers, he wondered if he should either eat and then go back to sleep, or sleep and then wake up in time for lunch.

He decided that calming his noisy stomach down was top priority.

-x-

“Ah, going out I see.” Minah smirked at Haneul from her cross legged seat on her bed as Haneul strutted into her room in a beautiful golden number and did a full twirl for Minah to appreciate. Haneul eyed her friend who was sitting on her bed in her pajamas and with her hair up in a bun typing away at her laptop wondering if she did anything for fun at all since she seemed to keep her distance from QoD for most part.

“Are you seriously going to spend your Friday evening working?” Haneul asked, now poking through Minah’s make up. Living together for long enough made personal space not that big of a deal. At least it didn’t with Minah and her, which meant a lot since Minah was very particular about her space.

“You do a Literary and Culture Studies major and tell me when you have Friday evenings off.” Minah grumbled as Haneul successfully plucked out a bright red lipstick from the mess of skin care, eyeliners, and lipsticks. She wasn’t entirely sure when Minah used any of these things, but apparently she did. Squishing into the space in front of Minah, she grinned at her.

“You should take that Wonshik fellow along with you,” Minah said, still not looking up from her laptop “you can’t seem to shut up about how cute and awkward he is. Maybe he’ll loosen up in the club.”

Haneul grumbled at the random and uncalled for statement and chose to glare at her friend before applying the red lipstick on her.

“What exactly are you doing?” Minah asked, eyes now focussing on Haneul through her large spectacles.

“If you can’t come out, you can at least have some fun.” she declared, capping the lipstick and grinning. Minah fought the urge to roll her eyes.

“Yes, let us spruce up the pajama clad one. Please go have fun in the club and make sure Sooyeon is sober enough to not dance around in my room and try to pry my eyes open while I sleep?”

Haneul got up from her seat and stretched “aye aye captain.” she giggled at her now odd looking friend who was still seated in her bed looking 210% done with either the reading she was reading or the fact that she had on red lipstick. Waving, Haneul joined Sooyeon who was waiting for her in the common area of the apartment. The distance to QoD was not too long so they didn’t really have to book a taxi and chose to walk there instead. It had been quite a while since Haneul or Sooyeon had gone there (they had heard that there had been a change in staff) the two were quite excited to have a girls night out.

Entering the club wasn’t too much of a hassle, the bouncer had stopped bothering with ids after a point. Too many college students made their way in using fake ids these days anyway. Haneul followed Sooyeon into the massively crowded bar. She usually didn’t come here on the weekends simply because it was always crowded, but Sooyeon really did look like she needed the break. The base thumping was really loud as she strained to hear Sooyeon over it.

“I’m heading over to the bar alright?” Sooyeon yelled as Haneul nodded back. She’d grab a drink later as she wanted to survey the scene sober and then make her decision as to how drunk she was going to get. She had put Minah’s number on speed dial because she knew her friend would turn up with Sanghyuk in case there were any problems. Sometimes she wondered if the two were twins. Humming along with the music, she found herself moving to the beat as she looked around the crowd of people who were dancing with their drinks in their hands. Some of the faces looked familiar. She grinned and waved at those who did recognise her until someone bumped into her.

“Damn, the DJ looks hot.” the voice behind her squealed as it walked past her, not apologising at all. That was when her attention shifted to the station where the mixer and turntable was always stationed to have her jaw nearly drop. That was when she was bumped into again, she turned around frowning this time to have Sooyeon grin at her with two drinks in her hand as she handed one to Haneul who grabbed it and took a swig.

What in the world was Wonshik doing behind the turntable?

And why in the world did he look drop dead gorgeous?

Her eyes trailed over the deep cut tank top giving her a view of his strong arms and rippling muscles as he worked the controls. His eyes flashed as he looked at the crowd, knowing that every switch he flipped, there was some magical control he had over their movements. Haneul finished her drink with her second gulp of it, she had some vague memory of what it was but her mind was completely focussed on this brand new Wonshik she was now privy to. She watched him take a swig from the bottle of beer next to him as a new beat was spun out making the crowd hoot as they threw themselves at each other; their movements which could now be only described as gyrating. Not like Wonshik’s movements behind the table could be said to be innocent either, he moved to his own music confidently, body rolling as he nodded his head to the beat.

Haneul found herself following Sooyeon to the bar and ordering another drink. Seating herself in a spot where she could keep her eyes glued to the sinful man behind the mixers, she took deep sips, feeling the alcohol slowly make its way into her veins. Wonshik had always been awkward and sweet, but this was a side of him that she had never seen and she was intrigued. Maybe even attracted, but intrigued for certain. She looked around for Sooyeon only to see her friend grinning at the bartender who looked very familiar with his incredibly long and sharp nose and pouty lips.Haneul sighed, she was certain her friend had had too many drinks, she shifted over to Sooyeon who seemed sufficiently in her senses.

“Hey, hey Haneul, this is Jaehwan and guess what,” she laughed as Jaehwan rolled his eyes as he wiped the glass in his hand “he thought I wanted to have on the beach!” she giggled. Haneul cringed and sighed trying to decide on what she wanted to have next.

“Jaehwan, one glass of water please.” the voice was deep and extremely familiar as she spun around to gape at Wonshik who was leaning against the bar counter, flapping his tank top to cool the sweat which was trickling down his chest. Haneul’s eyes nearly popped out at the sight of the abs which flashed at her.

“Wonshik?” she mumbled as he turned around to gape at her as his face automatically cracked into a smile.

“Hey, you never come here!” he said, picking up the glass on the counter and taking a sip. Haneul stared at this very attractive Wonshik trying to pick her jaw off the ground. The confidence that he exuded knowing that he was in his zone was something magnetic. Jaehwan eyed the two of them and grinned as Sooyeon snoozed on the bar counter.

“Did you come here for a drink or to dance?” Wonshik questioned further “because if you’ve come here to dance, your partner is asleep and you have a willing substitute.”

Haneul turned to see Sooyeon on the bar counter as Jaehwan laughed at her, he looked up at Haneul and waved “I’ve already called the person on speed dial. Minah is it? She said she’s coming to pick her up.”

Haneul felt momentarily relieved as she turned back to Wonshik who was taking sips of water “and what if I told you that I came here for a drink?” she leaned closer so he could hear her over the music only to get a whiff of the cologne on his skin.

“Then I’d ask if I could buy you a drink,” he whispered back “and if you wanted to dance.” his voice made the hair on the back of her neck stand as it had dropped by an octave as she looked into his eyes and her hand reached out to his.

“I’m here to dance.” she mumbled, brain vaguely addled with alcohol, but sufficiently in control to know what her decision was. She felt him grasp her fingers gently in his hand as he led her to the dance floor under the watchful eyes of Lee Jaehwan.

And dance they did, both shedding their images of perfect student and awkward sweetheart to show each other the rawer side of things. Both were equally talented dancers, things started off with maintaining a distance but the primal need to press up against each other was strong as Wonshik held Haneul close, his strong arm wrapping around her waist and her own slid up his chest. It felt innocent enough, except she felt hard toned muscle under the thin, somewhat useless fabric. The beat turned dirtier as the alcohol now took its toll, and their pelvises rocked against each other. He was so close their breaths mingling as she spun, swaying her hips with his, her arm around his neck and his on her waist.

When did things become like this?  Haneul wondered as she gazed into his dark eyes. Maybe she had always wanted something to flip with Wonshik, and now that it was happening she was overwhelmed. The heat was burning her and for once, she didn't really give a .

That's when she leaned up and almost on cue he leaned down for their lips to meet as the fire took over their bodies. His grip on her waist tightened as tugged his neck closer feeling him pressed up, hot against her back. She could feel his teeth sinking into her lips nibbling as she exhaled loudly, spinning in his arms as she hooked her other arm around his neck and deepened the kiss. His tongue slipped past the seams of her lips tangling with hers and the bitter taste of the beer lingered, mixing with the taste of that fruity drink she had tossed down . Everything was so in sync and so hot. Their bodies, lips, and Wonshik hoped, their minds.

The rest of it was a whirl. Things moved quickly as they hurried to the bar, downing more drinks, Wonshik pressing barely there kisses on her neck. Haneul barely remembered speeding past the college security, giggling with Wonshik as he lead to wherever he was leading her.

Then there was the kissing again, up against the wall, giggles in between as she nipped at his lip and he growled in response. She found her fingers in his hair and his lips hot against hers as they tumbled into the darkness. He remembered him worrying a bruise into her collar bone. She could remember the sensations, the heat, she could remember the need and desire that was burning through her.

She could remember waking up to soft snores. Shooting up from her position in bed, she stared at Wonshik with his arm around her sleeping peacefully. There, the Wonshik she knew was back with his sweet smile as he pulled her closer. There was something endearing about it. But this was a completely different scenario than she expected.

This was too fast. She was aware, but there was a feeling that rose in her that she couldn’t put her finger on. She knew she was attracted to the sleeping man, but wasn’t this too fast? She felt Wonshik shift beside her, eyes cracking open to gaze at her.

He shot up and gaped at her.

“Oh crap. I’m so sorry!” was the first thing that escape his lips. Haneul held the sheet up against herself and looked down. Did he think this was a mistake?

Except Wonshik was on a rambling roll “I have a policy of not hooking up with any of the customers and I didn’t mean to force myself on you. But you said yes. I can’t believe I hooked up with the person I like. Oh dear god what an idiot I am, I broke policy and didn’t take it slow. What is wrong with me?”

Haneul froze.

“Wait, hold on. You like me?”

Wonshik halted everything he was saying to look back at her wide eyed. Almost like he had just realized that she could hear what he was saying.

Haneul found herself wrapping her arms around him when he nodded shyly.

Sanghyuk stood outside the room waiting for the mess to end so that he could go in and pick up his jacket.

-x-

“Sanghyuk has made me aware of your grossness. But could the two of you not canoodle around me?” Minah rolled her eyes as Wonshik pulled Haneul into his arms as soon as he settled down next to her in the cafe.

The two had made it official a few weeks ago, choosing to take things slow even though the beginning had started off rather quickly.  Wonshik shifted his arms away by a little as Minah looked at him suspiciously. Even if she was the youngest, she often ended up mothering everyone and even if Wonshik was Sanghyuk's friend, she still was protective of Haneul.

“Now that you're finally here, Minah can order her coffee.” Haneul nudged Minah with her toe as the younger stood up.

“You guys want anything?”

“Lemon tea.”

“Mocha.”

Minah turned towards the counter as Wonshik leaned towards Haneul and gave her a quick peck in the lips.

Haneul's cheeks flared red “What was that for?!”

“Just a hello.” Wonshik blushed and grinned.

They could hear Minah speak to someone in the background as they turned to spot her shift away from a tall figure that made Wonshik’s face pale as he buried his face into Haneul's arm trying to hide from the college football team captain.

“Hope I didn't make you wait long. What are you doing?” Minah said, returning to the table with the drinks.

“Yah! Kim Wonshik! This is the second time you've missed practice this week!” Jung Taekwoon approached the table as Wonshik wished for the earth to swallow him alive.

“Sorry about that, I've been tutoring him this week for Professor Hanbyul, I'll make sure he makes it the next time.” Haneul replied as Minah held back a laugh. Taekwoon seemed to have taken that excuse well as he nodded and shot Wonshik a look before leaving with his take away cup of coffee.

“Thank you thank you thank you!” A very relieved Wonshik pressed multiple kisses on Haneul's blushing cheek.

“You guys are gross.” Minah said, opening her laptop to start her work yet again. Because college life waited for no one's romance.

But maybe it did for Wonshik and Haneul.