When I'm Alone

F(x) Station - When I'm Alone - (Philippines) - jhod03

 


When I'm Alone.

 

Have you ever been alone in the room, but you feel that you are not alone…

Yeah, I know, that's creepy…

But for me, no… well I'll admit at first, I find it creepy but now, that's the feeling I longing for.

*********


It's been 6 months since my family and I rented this house. It has two bedrooms, one is the master bedroom which occupied by my parents and the other room is occupied by us, me and my sister Jackie.

I have no problems sharing room with my sister since she barely home due to her studies in college, she needed to board a room nearly her University.

********


“Good morning Mom, morning Dad”, I cheerfully greeted them, which I got a good morning response too from my Mom who's busy preparing our breakfast.


“ooohh looks like you got a good sleep huh.”, my dad said with a grin.


“did you dream of her again?”, my mom asked, giving me a teasing look. Then both of them laughed at me.


“you know Am, you should find a girlfriend. I mean a real girlfriend instead of being delusional to that “dream girl” of yours. Hahaha.”


I don't know if I'll feel offended to my dad's suggestion or what, but somehow I felt hurt. Since the day I told them about her, my dreams and what's happening or what I felt inside my room when I'm alone, they started making fun of me.


Yeah, my parents and my sister are very supportive to me, in whatever I want, in whatever I do, in whatever decision I made as long as I'm happy and nobody will get hurt. So when I came out to them, they accept me for who I am. They said they love me for who I am, and it will never change, they boost my confidence whenever I lost it.


So back to my parents, well instead of arguing with them, I let it passed. I just ate my breakfast silently. Maybe they feel me too ‘cause after that silence took them too. It's kinda awkward though. Hahaha


“I'm done! Hmmm.. Thanks for the delicious pancakes Mom! You're the best!!!”, I kissed and hugged her….“I gotta go, or else I will be late again...haha”


“That's natural to you, Am”, dad butted in


“whatever ever dad!”, I kissed him, and quickly ran to exit the house then I heard him shouting


“GET A REAL GIRLFRIEND AMBER JOSEPHINE LIU!!!!”


What the hell with that old man… oooppsss, yeah it's a joke. Hohoho


*********


Oh my, I forgot! Maybe you're so curious now about this girl, the girl which my father called my “dream girl”. Well, to tell you honestly, I'm curious too. I haven't met her personally. I just feel her, inside my room, her presence, when I'm alone.


Ok, hmmm… it's started 3 months ago, I got a high fever. I don't want to go to the hospital so my mother just gave a medicine and wiped my body with a wet towel. After that, she told me to rest and get some sleep.


I don't know what time is it, but I woke up because I'm thirsty. At that time, I can't moved, I felt somebody is hugging me, I thought it's my mom, so I try to wake her up.

“Mom….. Mom… I'm thirsty…. Mom”


I don't know why, but she's not awakened. So I repeated it many times, but instead of mom, I awoke.


“Amber, honey?... Are you okay?”, I just stared at my mom. What the hell was that?


“Amber! Speak… how are you?”, after a few minutes, I spoke.


“yes Mom, I'm okay, I'm just thirsty.”, I sat up on my bed while mom got some water for me.


“uhm, what happened Mom?”, confused. asking Mom when she got back


“I think you had a nightmare Am, you're calling me, …. Uhhmm.. Wait are you having a nasty dream about me??!”, mom jokingly accusing me, really what the hell…


“Eeeewww!!! MOM!!!, you're so gross! I'm not a ert!...”


“hahaha, I'm just kidding, you know, so? You're okay now?.”, mom


“yeah, thanks Mom. I'm okay now. You should go back to sleep now. Don't worry about me, I'm big now.” I smiled, assuring her that I'm okay


“oh big?, umh big girl or big boy? Haha”, yeah mom, would you stop teasing me


“whatever Mom! Go back to your room… Good night.” yeah I have a cool parents, but sometimes I don't want.. Uhm you know what I mean. Hehehe

“Goodnight Am, pray before going back to sleep, okay.?”, I just nod to her, she just kissed me on my forehead then leave the room.


It was really weird, I knew that time, I had someone or something beside me, but maybe it was just a dream or just what I thought…


3 days later after that night, it happened again. But it was different from the first night, it was not a dream. I think it was more real.
I… I saw a girl , she was sitting on my bed, staring at me, while I'm sleeping…. And it's ing creepy!!!

 

Well, if you're wondering, how did I know that she with me that night. Uhm…. Probably some of you experienced that, you know, when you just woke up suddenly in your sleep because you felt someone is staring at you…


Well, in my case, I just literally saw someone, uhm… but I wonder if she's a ghost or not because she suddenly disappeared when I was about to sit on my bed. Oh yeah! She's a ing ghost!!!!! But I'm not a afraid of her or in ghost, as long as they didn't harm me or my love ones, I think we're good…


I didn't see her face clearly but I know she's a girl. I wonder what she needs from me… maybe she needs some help, or she's lonely? Hell! What am I thinking….

 

After the latest incident, I always feel her, even though I'm not sleeping as long as I'm alone in my room, I feel her presence, I feel her staring at me, every time. Though I couldn't still see her face clearly, every time I looked into her direction, she faded away. But I got a glimpse of her eyes. Her cat-like eyes.
So one day, I dared myself to talk to her. Well, there's nothing to lose after all.

 

“Hi…?”

 


“.............”, no reply …

 

I only said “hi?” once that day, yeah I know, I said I dared myself to talk to her, but heck! I don't know what will I do if she replied to me… so I never thought of talking to her again until that day…..


********


It's been 2 days since I haven't felt her presence… I wonder where is she now… uhm, maybe she got bored of me, or busy?? Hohoho what the, or maybe she's…….gone….


Aww, I don't know why I felt so down to think that she gone now, maybe I've been used to her presence or maybe I just missed her… yeah what the F Amber!!!! Well maybe I just want someone to look or stare at me like how that white lady looked or stared at me… it's like I'm the only one she see...


********


I can't sleep! Something is bothering me, or someone? Ha! Amber!!!! You're such a joke.!!!
I think I should get all my courage to talk to her. Go Am! Go!.... Yeah, I know, I'm weird talking to myself… hohoho…


“hi…?”


“............”, no reply.


Damn Amber… speak more….

 

“a...are you the...there?”

 

“...........” still no reply

 


I waited for her for an hour before I decided to sleep…..


“where are you?”,
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
“I'm missing you….”

 

I then, closed my eyes…

 

 

 

 

 

 

but I think maybe she's really gone…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For good.

 

**********

Just today….

 

 

 


“Soo Jung”

 


I opened my eyes wide awake when I felt someone whispering…

 

 

I haven't see her nor feel her.

 


But I know….

 

 


She's back…

 

 

 

“Soo Jung”....

 

********


Wooaahh, it's so boring here in my class, or maybe because I don't have a seatmate to chatter with… and heck! Our homeroom teacher is already 10 mins late, I should have enjoyed my breakfast more..tsss…


Oh… here comes the..


“Good morning class! Sorry if I'm late… uhm well, today you will have a new classmate. She will come any minute now, are you excited? Hahaha”

 

Some of the boys were cheering, as if it is the first time they will see a girl… ugh!!!

 

I paid no attention to our teacher and just looked outside since I'm sitting beside the window…

 

Minutes later we heard knocks then a girl entered in our room. I can't see her face because she walked toward our teacher with her head down…


“oh, finally! You're here!!!”,


“Good morning Mr. Lee”, she bowed, giving him some respect.


“ok, don't be shy. Please introduce yourself.”

 

She then faced us……..

 


And yes! I got struck!!! I know I haven't clearly see her face but… wahhh I don't know!!!!

 

 

 

 

“Soo Jung”, I whispered

 

 

 

But something is different……

 

 

“Hello…. I'm

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Danielle Kim, you can call me Dani for short. Please take care of me.”

 

 

********

 

Sorry, it's kinda lame... TT______TT and I'm late. 😣😣😣😣😣😣