Chanhee.

Wedding dress.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Some say it ain't over till it's over 

But I guess it's really over now 
There's something I gotta say before I let you go 
Listen…” 

Chanhee stares at own his reflection in the mirror.

And the reflection stared right back.

Sweeping the sharp toothed comb off his dressing table, he dipped the hairstyling tool into a pot of gel before combing his light blonde hair backwards. The slicked up fringe exposes his matte, wide forehead making him look mature but still absolutely stunning. 

His tie rests lazily on either side of his chest, untied. With nimble fingers, Chanhee swiftly knots it up only to find that his tie looked like a disaster. 

“Your tie is a mess Channie ya.”

“Tie it for me then.”

“I can’t always be there to tie your ties for you.”

“I promise that one day I’m going to make you my wife so you’ll always be by my side to tie my tie for me.”

“Hahahahaha make sure you keep your promise.”

“I did. But you didn’t...”

The blonde let out a low chuckle. A sickening feeling resonated his entire being and it sent chills that gnawed at his every bone. He curled his tongue back, even his saliva tasted bitter and cloying.

In the end, he left the unkempt tie as it is hanging on his neck and leaves the house, stepping over the beer bottles that were carelessly thrown everywhere on the floor. It was clear how the blonde had drown himself in alcohol over the past few days, seeking comfort in the temporary ecstasy, drinking himself senseless.

Chanhee slams the door hard, not bothering to lock it as he unlocked his car and threw a wedding invitation onto the passenger seat. The wedding invitation was glittery and had the gleaming golden words embossed on it.

You’re invited to the wedding of
Kim Myungsoo
&
Lee Byunghun

“When you have a fight with him
Sometimes you cry and feel sad and blue
I become hopeful
My heart aches secretly
Then just a hint of your smile can make feel fine again”
 
To keep you from figuring out how I feel about you
Coz then we would drift apart
I hold my breath,
Bite my lips
Oh, please leave him and come to me”

Chanhee plasters an artificial smile as he walks up the stairs of the church, greeting several of his friends along the way. 

“Byunghun is in the waiting room. He’s extremely pretty today.”

Chanhee smiles and nods but all he could hear was hear crackling noises booming and thunderous, the sound of his own heart shattering. It overshadowed every single voice that was out there.

“Byunghun when we get married, I’ll custom make the most gorgeous wedding dress for you.”

“But I don’t want to wear a dress. I’m a man.”

“But you’ll always be my wife. And you’re be the prettiest bride in the whole of Korea.”

“Nooo. I won’t wear a dress.”

Byunghun was sitting in front of a vanity. Chanhee wasn’t sure if it was the flashy fluorescent light bulbs that was built around the mirror or how the sunshine was hitting Byunghun’s side of his face at the best perfect angle but Byunghun was glowing. 

Chanhee thought he had died and went to heaven. Byunghun looked like an angel.

It was exactly like how Chanhee imagined him to look like on his wedding day. A wide stretched smile tugged on Byunghun’s pale pouty lips. Beautiful was an understatement to describe how Byunghun looked.

“Channie. I’m so glad you could come.”

“Oh your tie is so messy!”

With nimble and flexible slender fingers, Byunghun redid Chanhee’s tie neatly.

“I wouldn’t miss your wedding for the world. You look amazing. I didn’t expect you to actually be in a wedding dress.”

Byunghun looked down shyly at the gown he was wearing. The white floor length gown was simple, hanging off Byunghun’s shoulders showcasing his milky white collarbones. The chiffon skirt had pearls and sequins embellished on it. The veil resting atop his hair sparkled in the sunlight. Everything was minimalistic but Byunghun adorned the dress and accessories extremely well making the dress look as though it was twinkling under the sunlight.

“Byunghun, promise me you’ll be happy with him.”

Unconsciously, tears pooled in Byunghun’s eyes as a few drops made it’s way down his flawless complexion, leaving a glistening trail on its way. Chanhee leaned forward and used his right thumb to brush the tear away, rubbing Byunghun’s cheek longingly.

“Don’t cry, why are you crying it’s your big day?”

Truth is, Chanhee felt like crying too. Today was the day he was going to lose Byunghun, to witness the one and only boy he has loved all his life walk into the arms of another.

Byunghun sniffed as he giggled, controlling more tears from falling.

“I will Channie. I will be happy with him.”

“Baby, please don’t take his hand
Coz you should be my lady
I’ve been waiting for you for so long please look at me now
When the music starts you will vow to spend
The rest of your life with him
How I prayed every night
This day would never come
The wedding dress you’re wearing
(Girl) The wedding dress you’re wearing
(It’s not me [next to you])
The wedding dress you’re wearing
Oh, the wedding dress you’re wearing, oh, no”

Chanhee takes a deep breath as he settles uncomfortably in the seat in front of a white grand piano. Pressing on the keys gently, the wedding march reverberated throughout the church as Byunghun’s older sister led him onto the red carpet, his arm tightly in hers.

The blonde watches on with his fingers still dancing across the piano as various flashbacks flashes across his mind over and over again 

“Can you teach me to play the piano Byunghun?”

“What do you want to learn?”

“The song that they play at weddings!”

“Wedding march?”

“Yeah! That one! I want to play it when you walk down the aisle the day we get married.”

“Cheesy.”

How ironic, Chanhee was now playing Wedding march on the piano as Byunghun ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter