Chapter 8

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coming to Seoul was never really a part of the plan when Krystal Jung decided to return to South Korea. As much as possible, she doesn't wanna go back anymore to the country where her ex-girlfriend lives. But because her father's sister needs someone who will look after her while recovering from heart ailment, Krystal chose to come back and take care of her sick aunt.

Her aunt, Park So Eun, is already a widowed woman. Her husband died twenty years ago due to the same ailment that debilitated Krystal's father for a long time. She has one son who was named after her husband. But due to a misunderstanding with his mother, Park Bo Gum moved out and ventured a life in Seoul at the age of twenty-one. Now that Mrs. Park is diagnosed with a chronic heart disease, she needs her son more than anything else. Hence, Krystal went to Seoul to find her cousin and convince him to go back to his mother. Never did she expect that among all the stores in the city, it's in where Bo Gum works where she'll cross paths with her ex-girlfriend and her sisters.

"Krystal, are you okay?" the sick woman asked half an hour after her niece arrived at Incheon's hospital. The latter faked a smile and nodded briefly. "How was your visit in Seoul? Were you able to talk to your cousin?"

"Yes Auntie. I told oppa about your condition and he was really worried about you. He promised that he'll be coming here tomorrow to see you."

Park So Eun's eyes gleamed with joy at the news that she'll be able to see and talk to her son again. Just like Krystal, she's also hopeful that her relationship with the twenty-five year man will be fixed sooner before it's too late for a reconciliation.

"Thank you for talking to him in behalf of me. I owe you so much, Krystal."

Krystal shook her head in disapproval and held the grateful woman's hand. "It is I who owe you so much Auntie. What I did for you today is nothing compared to the sacrifices you made for me. You became my mother while mom's not here and father was receiving treatment in U.S. You've always been there for me whenever I need you. You looked after me like I'm your own daughter and for that I am really grateful."

Mrs. Park was happy to hear those sincere words from her niece. But, although she's wearing a smile, Park So Eun knows if Krystal is troubled with something or not. Hence, she asked her again if she's okay. "Did something happen in Seoul after you talked to your cousin?" she added but Krystal faked another smile and refused to admit her encounter with the Kim siblings. "I know you're not okay. Something in your eyes tells me that something's bothering you right now. Please tell me what it is. Is it about Yuri? Did you meet her today? Or...is it about her?"

It took a while before Krystal mustered the courage to admit what really happened. "It's about the both of them Auntie," she replied with a voice that cracked midway due to her bottled up emotions. "In fact, it's not just about Yuri and her. Sooyoung was there too. I saw all three of them at the store where oppa is working."

"What happened after that? Were they able to see you too?"

"Yes. They got company and from the way I see it, those three girls were probably their girlfriends." Recalling her unfortunate encounter in Seoul caused the tears she'd been holding back to pour down like rain. In this kind of difficult situation, the best thing her aunt could do is to give her a comforting hug and ears that are willing to listen to everything that she'll say. "I thought I won't be affected if I'll see them again. I thought I'd be able to act naturally around them. But when I saw Jessica unnie, I didn't know what to do next. Seeing her again after my break-up with Yuri reminded me of why I had to stay away. It still hurts Auntie. So much."

Mrs. Park hushed her niece and caressed the tresses of her hair. She wished there is something she can do to help Krystal. But there is none because Mr. Kim is a powerful man. Opposing him would be like trying to be break down a great wall. Hence, the only thing she can do for her niece is to assure her that everything will be fine in God's given time.

Meanwhile, after Yoona fell asleep beside her, Jessica quietly left her room to visit Yuri. She knows that after their encounter with Krystal, her sister will need someone to talk to. But unfortunately, the tan girl wouldn't let her in. She doesn't want to talk to anyone, not even her sisters. "I want to be alone for now. Please let me be by myself for a while," she plead so Jessica honored her decision.

"Okay. But promise me that you won't hurt yourself. And if you need someone to talk to, remember that I am right here and willing to help you."

That night wasn't the only occasion that Yuri refused to talk to Jessica. Because for three consecutive days, the tan girl made up excuses so that she won't be able to face her sister. It raised a confusion to the second adopted child. Therefore one night, while Yoona and Jessica were spending a quality time at their home cinema, Sooyoung forced herself into Yuri's room. "We need to talk," she said firmly, unfazed with the tan girl's demand for privacy. "Suzy called earlier. She asked about you and told me how worried she is with her friend whom you've been ignoring these days. Yul, I know that seeing Krystal again after two years re-awakened the pain that you've been through but Fei is your current girlfriend. Please take into consideration that she's also hurting because of what you're going through right now."

"I know that Sooyoung. You don't have to remind me because I am not the same Yuri who doesn't care about others' feelings. I just need some time to think because my mind got so messed up after seeing Krystal unexpectedly. If you want me to talk to my girlfriend sooner, then fine. I'll go to her house tomorrow. For now, just leave me alone because that is what I need the most."

"I'm not gonna leave until you tell me something."

"Oh please Soo. I'm not in the mood to tell you anything okay?"

"And I'm not in the mood to be fooling around either! Therefore, I am not going to leave until I hear you say what I want to know. I've just been observing you in the past days Yul. There's something in your actions that confuses me. And for that reason I came here to understand what it is."

Humor is nowhere to be seen in Sooyoung's eyes nor can it be traced in her voice. Hence, Yuri didn't argue further. "Fine. What do you want to know?"

"It's about Jess. Why are you avoiding her since that day we saw Krystal at the mall?" This question threw Yuri off guard. And such reaction only made Sooyoung more suspicious. "If I remember it correctly, you also avoided our sister after your break-up with Krystal. You didn't want to be in the same room as her. And when it's inevitable, you cannot look at her in the eyes for a long time. Why Yuri? Is Jessica responsible to what happened to your relationship with Krystal?"

Yuri didn't say anything and just sat on her bed. She also avoided making an eye contact with Sooyoung so the latter continued probing her sister.

"Tell me right now Yul. Is our sister the reason why your relationship with Krystal didn't last? Did she break up with you because she fell in love with Jess? Is that how it is?"

At last, Yuri speak up to deny Sooyoung's allegations. "It's not something like that. Krystal didn't fall in love with Jess and tearing our relationship would be the last thing Jessica will do. She didn't do anything okay? It's not our sister's fault."

"Then why are you ignoring her again? If the reason for your break up is because dad disapproved your relationship, why do you have to avoid talking to our sister? You couldn't even manage to look at her in eyes. Why Yuri? Why do you have to treat her like that when she's also concerned about you?"

"I cannot tell you Soo. I want to but I can't. I'm sorry."

The helpless Yuri trembled as she burried her face in her palms and cried. Witnessing this made Sooyoung realize that there's a bigger problem troubling her sister. And so she sat beside her and held her trembling hands. "I know how to keep a secret. If it burdens you, share it to me Yuri. We may not be related by blood, but I'm still your sister. And as your sister, it is my duty to help you cope with whatever you're going through. So please tell me what it is."

Encouraged by Sooyoung's words, Yuri decided to tell her sister the reason why Mr. Kim forced her break-up with Krystal. The reason was shocking that it rendered Sooyoung speechless for a long time.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter