Final

Where There Is Jealousy, There Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


M countdown waiting room: nct dream


"Hyung can you take a selca with me?" 

"Sure jeno!"

"Thanks mark Hyung!"


"Hyung I need help with the hover board!"

"Okay jisung I'm coming."

"Thanks hyung, now it works fine!"


"Hyung could you do the choreography with me again?"

"Sure renjun!"

 

Donghyuck could feel his blood boiling. His chest wasn't feeling so good either. He could feel his skin prickling up with jealousy. 

Why would donghyuck of all people be jealous of mark, their awkward leader? It's not like he's handsome or anything oh wait he looked pretty good in the-and he just has a (charming) terrible laugh. Mark hyung is just another member of the team.

It's not like donghyuck is annoyed at all that mark isn't paying any attention to him. It's not like donghyuck craves his attention by practicing teasing the hyungs. Nope, not at all.

 

No one comments on donghyucks quiet behaviour.

 

 

 

With these thoughts in mind nct dream goes up on stage and performs their hit single, chewing gum.

As they prepare to bow and thank the audience donghyuck notices mark giving a hug to jeno in front of the live audience and cameras.

Donghyuck knows that mark is not his and has a very low chance of being his, but that doesn't mean donghyuck can't get mad in a while.

He knows he's had this puppy crush on mark for some while. Practicing everyday and every hour. They really get no chance to date or even talk to many girls. Donghyuck has never felt this much jealousy before. Sometimes he feels a twinge in his chest whenever mark is helping the members with something that's not related to him. 

Donghyuck figured this "crush" would eventually pass, but too slow for his liking. Mark probably isn't even into boys.

As they leave m countdown in the van, donghyuck makes sure to sit in the very back beside chenle and jisung and coddles them all the way back to the dorms. Never speaking a word or making eye contact with their leader.

Back at the dorms, mark and donghyuck share a room. A small room with two twin sized beds pushed against opposite walls and clothes thrown everywhere. 

"Donghyuckie are you okay? You seem kinda quiet today."

"Yep, I'm fine. I'm gonna take a shower first okay?"

"...okay.."

This is usually the time when donghyuck can't stop talking about how amazing the fan chants were, or how he made a mistake in the choreo without anyone noticing. Or how he brags about singing all the notes perfectly.

As the shower beads hit his back, all donghyuck can think about is the touches he gave the other members, fixing their hair, unnecessary hugs and giving his undivided attention to someone other than himself. Donghyucks mad at himself for feeling this way.     
It's not the members fault, it's just marks to nice. Too kind to realize the latters dilemma.

 Maybe that's what made him fall for mark.

 

 

 

As donghyuck entered his and marks shared room, there sat mark staring into space.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" Said mark.

"I know...."

"Is there anything on your mind?"

Yes

"No, I'm just really tired from all the rehearsals. Think I'm gonna go to bed early tonight hyung"

"Alright, good night."

As donghyuck laid in bed that night, his back facing mark, he stared at the blank wall. He could hear jaemin and jeno through the thin walls talking about something that happened at m countdown.

"Wasn't donghyuckie........quiet... It's unusual .... ?" Asked jaemin.

 

"......probably tired......fire truck ....and chewing gum ." Said jeno.

Jeno and jaemin were both very pretty, donghyuck had to admit that. He wouldn't be surprised if mark took a liking to them. Or even the cute dancing maknae jisung. Maybe renjun and chenle too. Foreigners were always hot.

Donghyuck couldn't imagine why mark could ever take a liking to him. Yeah, hes funny, cracks a couple of jokes and makes everyone laugh but he couldn't say he had the strongest visuals. 

With these thoughts in mind donghyuck fell into a restless sleep.

 

 

 

 


"Donghyuck wake up!! We're going to be late!" 
Yelled mark, shaking the said boys shoulders. 

The latter groaned from under the sheets, whining.

"Just a couple more minutes!"

"You said that 5 minutes ago. Everyone is already eating breakfast."

"Fine, give me 5 minutes I'll be ready." Grumbled donghyuck.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter