Spread your wings

F(x) Station - Spread its wings (Philippines) - hot-D_STILLed
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It was already late in the evening, but there were still some lighted rooms across the city. One of those rooms was a girl with short, black, unkempt hair, which may be because of constant scratching and ruffling of head due to consistent frustrations. One of her ears was covered by a headphone head, while the other head rested behind her other ear. On top of that uncovered ear was a small pencil with a blunted end, an evidence that it has already served its purpose, but was still being used.

 

A soft humming sound could be heard from the tomboy, who was repeatedly humming a tune while plucking some strings on her old acoustic guitar, then stopping midway to grab the worn pencil and write some notes on her music sheet, which was almost halfway filled.

 

After writing the last note in her mind, the shorthaired girl checked her composition before playing it all over again. She made a smile of satisfaction as she played the last note.

 

“You really are a genius, Amber Liu.”

 

--------------------------

 

AMBER’S POV

 

KRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!

 

Darn! Just give me 5 minutes more.

 

“Hey, Amber! You better get your moving now, or you’re going to be late on your first day in school!” Somebody yelled from outside the room.

 

Just when I felt like my dream is about to reach its , the freaking alarm clock rang, and that annoying voice from outside woke me up.

 

Wait… School? Oh shoot!

 

I immediately opened my eyes and ran towards the bathroom to wash up. But as soon as I opened the door to the bathroom and faced the mirror to brush my teeth, I had a mini heart attack.

 

I look like a freaking ghost with these eye bags on my face! Why did I even stay so late last night? Well, it’s for that catchy tune that got in my head. Why am I answering my own question?! ARGH! This is crazy, but I have to keep on moving.

 

 

 

 

----------

 

It was still an hour early when I got into my new school, St. Cecilia College of Music and Arts, a school famous not only because of the high quality musicians and artists, who graduated from it, but also because of some celebrities, who hone their crafts more, when they are not promoting.

 

Me? I am one of the lucky ones, who got into this prestigious school. They offer scholarships to people like me, who can’t afford to pay such high tuition fees. I’m from a middle class family, and my parents’ earnings are just enough for us to survive. I’m an only child so when I told them that I want to be a songwriter, they gave me their full support. My parents, and even our family friends told me that I should pursue my dream since I have the talent to do so. By the age of 12, I was able to write a song for a local band back in my hometown, but they said that I still have a long way to go. I didn’t understand at first what they meant, but as they bought my song and added some elements to it, and had me listened to it, I understood them. It was still my song, but with a different arrangement that gave even brighter color to them. It was as if I gave them a plain black and white drawing, but they added some color to it. Since then, I dedicated my free time to improving my knowledge when it comes to composing songs. I am limited, however, by the fact that some equipments that I need for writing songs, are expensive and my family can no longer afford them.

 

I started to work part time in small music studios and I sometimes use the equipments there to write some songs. Some seniors even taught me some techniques, which I highly appreciated. And that is how I knew that a school such as St. Cecilia exists. The school offers scholarship programs, but the competition is harsh. And somehow, they liked the song I wrote, with the help of some of my friends, and got in.

 

Back to my first day in school, I can’t believe that I’m already here. There aren’t much people yet, since it’s still early, which is a good opportunity for me to roam around and give myself a little tour. There is just one big school building for classes. The other buildings are dedicated for practice such as mini-theatres and concert halls. I decided to roam first on the left wing, as my classroom will be on the right wing. As I was approaching a corner, I accidentally bumped into a rushing student, causing us to fall on our butts.

 

While attending to my poor, hurt , I heard the other person yelled, “Yah! Watch where you’re going next time. Stupid.”

 

“Excuse me!” I retorted. “You are the one who’s not…” My throat got stuck as I finally saw the face of the person, who I bumped into.

 

“Who’s not what?”

 

Darn she really is a beauty in real life.

 

“Ehhhherm.. Who’s not looking to where they’re going.” I completed. Well, it is true. “I was slowly walking here and then you just appeared out of nowhere, rushing.”

 

“Of course I have to rush! I’m a celebrity and I don’t want people to see me in the corridor, or they’ll keep on blocking my way.”

 

“Heck, it’s not my problem anymore!” I answered, slightly annoyed with how highly she sees herself. “Not because you’re THE Krystal Jung, you can always have your ways.” I told her as I started walking forward.

 

“What a jerk, who doesn’t even know how to say sorry!”

 

With that, I turned around to answer back, “Excuse me Ms. Jung. If I remember it right, you’re the one who’s at fault at this. Why are you even in this school anyway? You’re already a famous singer, who got lucky and got a famous sister, paving the way to her own fame. You’re not even that talented!”

 

*SLAP!*

 

“You don’t know me, so don’t tell me things as if you know the hardships that I had to go through just to prove myself that I AM NOT MY SISTER.” She stated, as tears were threatening to fall down her eyes.

 

It was too late when I realized what a big a**hole I became there, hurting someone, who’s not even close to me. Aish. What a way to start my first day.

 

----------------------------

Please log in to read the full chapter