Chapter 2

Myself(HIATUS)
Please log in to read the full chapter

~~Jimin had made breakfast and went to his father’s room. He opened the door and was greeted by a loud snore. He woke his father up by screaming like a mad person. Believe him or not, his father was really hard to wake. This is the only way to wake him up. His father was startled by the sound and quickly jumped off the bed and got on his defensive position. Jimin was used to see this kind of reaction. He jumped off the bed too and tugged at his short pants.

 

“Hurry up, wash your face and mouth father. I’ve prepared breakfast for us.” Jimin said nonchalantly and left his father astounded.

 

He went back to the kitchen and climbed the stool to reach the pan that he cooked with and served the food neatly on the plate. He dragged the stool to the sink and put the pan into the sink. Once done, he went to the dining table and sat on a chair, waiting for his father to come eat with him. About five minutes later, his father joined him.

 

“Why didn’t you just wake me up earlier and tell me to cook you breakfast Jimin-ah.” Jimin’s father said, his mouth full of fried rice. Jimin scrunched his nose in distaste when he saw some food landing from his father’s mouth to the table.

 

“Can you cook egg? The last time I remember eating your food, the food was pitch black. Dad, I want to live too you know. I can’t eat a poisonous food.” Jimin’s father choked on the food when he heard that. Jimin quickly passed the water to his father.

 

“H-human learn from mis-mistake right. I am learning right now.” His eyes looked everywhere but Jimin.

 

“Do you want me to bring out everything that you made? The purplish like soup, the chicken that doesn’t look and taste like a chicken, the-” Jimin tried to list out everything that he remembered but was cut by his father voice.

 

“Ok, stop. I admit. I can’t cook. Satisfied?” Jimin grinned in victory. He knew that his father would lose in the mouth fight because he was only good with physical fight.

 

“So, let me do the cook work, and laundry too. I don’t want you to break it again.” Jimin had finished his portion and drink the hot chocolate that he had made. He closed his eyes and made a sound that showed that he liked the chocolate. Children his age should be drinking milk but Jimin didn’t like milk.

 

“But Jimin, you are so small. Scratch that, you are still in kindergarten. You should play with your friends more and get pampered by me than do this work.”

 

“Dad, do you like to torture yourself?” Jimin’s father shook his head hurriedly. “Then let me do the work. Let me help you. I’m here for a reason and that is to help you. You work for the money and I work for the house. Easy.” His mouth opened wide when he heard it. He kind of doubted his son’s age now. The way he talked, the way he thought and the way he made decisions were like a grownup man’s. He’s proud of his son but at the same time worried. Worried about his son’s childhood memories.

 

When he was busy thinking about Jimin, Jimin was already at the front of the door wearing his shoes. Before he went out, he shouted at his father to inform him that he was going. He grabbed his scarf, gloves and sweater. He shivered a bit when he opened the door. The cold air was too much for his liking. He went until he reached the gate. He pushed it open and closed it back. When he turned to his right, he saw a boy leaning against the gate. When the boy noticed Jimin, he smiled at him. Jimin smiled back but when he noticed the younger’s situation, he knew that he stayed outside for a long time. Jungkook’s nose was red and his fingertips were red too. He took off his gloves and gave them to Jungkook. Jungkook smiled shyly and took them. He felt his hands warming up. Jimin walked and Jungkook followed him.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter