Date Night

Date Night

Today was probably the worst day at work. Every customer that came to you had a snappy attitude and you would clench your teeth when repeating the same thing over and over. “I’m sorry ma’am. It’s store policy.” What made matters worse was your manager going through PMS or something that day. She’s normally rude, but you regretted taking on your friend’s shift on this particular day. She was yelling demands left and right, most of them pointed to you.

It was a miracle that she let you go when you clocked out. Your co-workers gave you looks of envy as you waved ‘bye.’ Even one of them mouthed a ‘save me’ when you looked back at the store entrance. The poor soul.

You made it home fine without killing anyone and all you wanted was to change to some comfy pjs and watch some cheesy dramas. Opening the door, there was a pair of shoes at the entrance. A sincere smile graced your lips as you called out for your boyfriend. “Sehun, are you home?”

He comes out of your bedroom and slides on his socks next to you to pull you into a tight hug. It was rare that he would be home early from practice. You were happy that you now had someone to stay home with. “Jagi, you look tired.”

“I know. Today was a really bad day at work, but seeing you makes it all better,” you got up on the tip of your toes to peck his lips. You walk in to the bathroom and get the water running for a hot bath. On the other side of the door, Sehun knocks. “Hey, let’s go out. There’s a movie that I want to see.” In the tub, you wash your body as you think about his suggestion. Did you really want to go out? No.

You clear your throat as you replied, “I don’t know. I’m pretty beat, babe. Can we go another night?” You can’t see it, but Sehun’s pouting. “I can’t. I begged my manager hyung to let us out tonight to spend time with you. The rest of the week or so, I’ll be at the dorms.” Hearing that, you huffed to yourself. You missed spending time with your boyfriend and he asked to be let off early for you. You couldn’t possibly give up this opportunity to go out on a date with him.

Sehun was still waiting out the door and jumped a little when you opened the door. He didn’t hear you finishing up. You look up at him smiling as you told him that you’d get ready within a few minutes. His charming smile shined as he playfully guided to your room.

 


 

When you got to the theater, Sehun gave you money to get popcorn as he went to get the tickets. It was good that he suggested it because the snack line was a bit long. To kill time, you plugged in your iPod as the line slowly moved. You felt a tap on your shoulder so you removed an earphone and turned to the mysterious person.

Just when you thought your day couldn’t get any worse, this person was standing in front of you proving you wrong. It was your ex. It’s been years since you’ve seen him. And to say that things ended bad was an understatement.

At first, he seemed like such a nice guy. He was sweet, caring, just all the things you liked in a guy. Little did you know that it was all an act. About a year into the relationship, he started acting weird and asking for money. You didn’t think too much into it in the beginning, until he asked for larger amounts.

One day, you pretended to go into work and followed him around. He walked into some old apartment building in the run-down part of town. Trying to stay on his tail without getting caught, you watched him as he reached in the duffle bag and hand some lady, that looked the same age as you, a large sum of cash.

You were furious and asked loudly what the hell was going on. Turns out, the girl was his real girlfriend and he only went out with you for money. The girl was fast on her feet and ran with the money, leaving even her boyfriend behind. You were ready to call the police, but he begged you not to. He got on his knees promising that he would pay back every penny. Luckily, he did pay it all back.

He gave you a nervous smile and a shaky wave. “H-hey, Y/N. Didn’t think I’d see you here.” You showed no sign of even wanting to stand within five feet near him, let alone interact with him. “Funny, I didn’t think I’d ever see you again period, but I guess we’re both disappointed.” You put the earphone back in before he could get a word in and turned your back to him.

Internally, you were praying that he would leave you alone and your night with Sehun goes without a hitch. Once you were done with your purchase, you met with Sehun in front of the theater he bought the tickets for and he grabs the soda from you. Hand in hand, your smile comes back and walk inside. Let’s have a good time, huh? you tell yourself. The theater room had those comfy, couch like seats inside. You turn to your boyfriend in shock, “How much did these tickets cost?”

“Don’t worry your pretty little head, okay? Just relax and have fun,” he assures. Butterflies fluttered in your stomach. When Sehun wasn’t being sassy, he was the sweetest boyfriend you could ever ask for. He always made you feel like the most special girl in his life. A real upgrade from your ex.

When the movie was over, you ran straight to the bathroom. You didn’t notice Sehun calling out for you as you left him behind to gather the soda and popcorn bucket. The amount of soda was too much for you and you’ve been holding it in since the middle of the movie.

Done with your business, you walk out and saw your boyfriend sitting on a bench with the bucket refilled. You were about to run to him when some person just stepped in front of you. Him again. Will he ever give it a rest? You tried to walk around him, but he kept moving in your way. No choice left, you just glare at him. “What do you want?”

He scratches the back of his neck as his cheeks were blushing yet his eyes never left yours. “I was thinking, Y/N, and I want to say that I’m still really sorry about what happened back then. And if I’m not too late, can we give us another go? Please, give me a chance.” The guy had the nerve to grab your hands and ask you to take him back. He was telling you some sob story that his ex-girlfriend was demanding money and only using him; his feelings for you were “real.”

You pulled your hands away and as you were going to tell him to piss off, someone came in between you. “Who the hell are you?” Sehun asked in a really low voice. Your ex tried to match his level but was easily looked over as he was shorter than Sehun. You stood behind Sehun smirking. “I-I’m talking to her, so just mind your own business and get lost kid,” your ex stammers.

“You see, this is my girlfriend so this is my business. Now move,” Sehun’s glare was seething through your ex. He looked a bit scared as he moved for the both of you. Just so he would get the message more clearly Sehun wrapped his arm around you and said in his normally playful voice, “Let’s go home, babe.”

Once you were far enough you looked back to see your ex looking down with a heartbroken expression. You laughed at the sight. “Wow, I never knew you were like this.” He had a smug look on his face, “I looked cool, huh.” You push him away, both of you laughing.

“Whatever, let’s just go home.” He throws his arm on your shoulder still laughing as you walked along. So you had a nice date after all.

 


 

Thank you for reading! I'd love comments and if you'd like a scenario, you can request here or on my tumblr @sabor-a-ksoo

Hope to hear from you!