You Can Live Without Me

You Can Live Without Me

 

 

 

Sandeul still in his favourite white mini couch near the window,reading his favourite novel.From far,I can see he is wearing our engagement ring.‘‘Sandeul,don’t you work today?”I asked,to make a conversation with him.He look at me and kill me with his sweetest smile.‘‘Nope,I took a day off today,”he replied as he closed his novel.Then,he look at the watch,hanging on the wall.‘‘Jae,it’s almost 11 a.m.Don’t we agreed to go look for your wedding dress?”he continued.Oh yes,I almost forgot.‘‘Hmm,can you wait for me?about 10 minutes?I need to put a nice cloth on,”I answered.‘‘That cloth is suits you,”he stopped and continued,‘‘Nevermind.Girls need their time.I’ll wait you at the carpark.”

 

I’m late about 15 minutes but Sandeul just smile.‘‘My Lady,we already late,”he said,widening his bright eyes.As we reached the bridal shop.‘‘You go to my assistant,he will help you in choosing wedding outfit,”said my cousin,Bora.Bora is the one of the top wedding planner.

 

‘‘Hmm,what will suits you,Jae?Should he have a charming princess silhouette sweetheart chapel train chiffon satin wedding dress with beadwork ruffle?”said Bora,showing me a not-quite-my-taste wedding dress.A y sheath,column sweetheart chapel train chiffon charmeuse wedding dress with beadwork ruffle just caught my eye.‘‘Bora,I want this,”I insisted.

 

          I wore that dress and I feel that this dress will company me on my wedding day.‘‘Jae?Are you ready?”said Bora.I think she wants Sandeul to be supprise with my appearance.Slowly,I pulled the curtain and I was just like,‘‘Whoa,Sandeul just like a prince!”

 

‘‘I’ll would be proud to have a husband-to-be like you,Sandeul,”I praised him,but he don’t give any expression.He wear a nice black and white tuxedo with white shoes.‘‘Sandeul?”

 

He was completely,speechless.I bet he don’t like the dress that I wear.I turned around and look at my reflection in the mirror.‘‘You hate it,aren’t you?”I said it disappointingly,twirling the dress.He show up behind me and I can see that he was smiling on the mirror.‘‘Jae,it’s perfect but you look pale,”he hugged me from behind,place his head on my shoulder.Damn!I should put some blusher on my cheeks.I’m so regret now!

 

‘‘If I can get a blusher on my cheek now..”

 

          For all sudden,Sandeul kiss my cheek.WTH?I’m totally get blushed now.My face are all red.Bora and her assistant just laughed silently behind my back.‘‘There,now you’re all perfect!I love when you get blushed!”said Sandeul,hugged me tightly.‘‘Sandeul!My cousin is here!”I said.Totally embarrassed.

 

          ‘‘It’s just Bora and her assistant.Well,you don’t have to be embarrassed because we gonna have our kiss in front of the people in our wedding,”Sandeul teased,pinching my nose.Then I realized that Bora wasn’t there,only her assistant. ‘‘Wait!”Bora shouted,running in front of us with her Polaroid camera.

 

          ‘‘We need some memories on this!”Bora continued and keep taking our pictures.Sandeul kiss my cheek again.Now,I’m burst into small laughter.I take a look at my picture with Sandeul.Geez,I wish the time could stop. ‘‘We looks like we already get married,”Sandeul said it coolly.Yeah,he’s right.

 

****************************************

 

 

It’s Sunday.And it’s damn early.8 in the morning.A light ray from the sun enters through my window glass.I  wonder if Sandeul is awake..I walk silently to his room and clearly he is still in his bed.The best part of my life is Sandeul’s and my parents bought us an apartment.I sneak into his room.He still close his eyes.I get into his bed and sleep besides him.Sandeul is pretty than I am.At first I saw him at my birthday party,I thought he was a girl!Seriously.Like a tomboy girl.

 

          Not until my first meeting with my ‘fiancée’,arranged by my parents.When he come in,I was in shocked.I thought my parents was nuts.Later,they explained to me. ‘‘Oh,he is a guy.”

 

          ‘‘Oh!”Sandeul suddenly hugged me.‘‘What are you think you doing?”he asked me,with his cracked tone.‘‘It should me,asking you that!”I said pushed him gently.He wake up and stretched his body.But then,he coughing.Hell,what’s wrong with him?

 

          ‘‘Honey,are you sick?”I asked him softly.He look at me and again,he killed me with his sweetest smile.‘‘No worries!I’m not going to die before I get marry with you,”he said,jumped into the bed and hugged me.Both of us laughing extremely.

 

****************************************

 

          ‘‘Jinyoung!”I called Sandeul’s one and only bestfriend. ‘‘Yo!”he replied. ‘‘What’s up?Oh,Hi,Bora”

 

          I look at Bora.Oh,everything going fine between them.Hehehe.Thanks to Dr. Sandeul’s evil plan.Muahaha!!

 

          Back to reality.Today it’s Monday and I’m pretty sure that Sandeul was in his office,working. ‘‘Jinyoung,is Sandeul in his room?”I asked.Jinyoung still making his eye contact with Bora. ‘‘Yah!”

 

          ‘‘What the hell?”Jinyoung and Bora look at me.I bit my lips.All the workers in the office was look at me. ‘‘Heh,Bos are in hosp―I mean,he is meeting his client,now,”Jinyoung said,without looking at me.I look at Bora. ‘‘What’s now Jae?Sandeul wasn’t here,”she said and sighed.Hmm,my surprise visits is failed again.

 

****************************************

 

‘‘Sandeul,where are you?call me back.I’m already miss you”I said,leaving Sandeul a voicemail.Its almost 8 pm and he is not coming home yet. ‘‘He’s not cheating on me,right?”WTH am I thinking?

 

          About few minutes later,someone knocking the door.I wonder who is dropping here tonight.Wether its Bora or Jinyoung.Or maybe both.The moment I opened the door, a bouquet of red roses was directly in front of me. ‘‘What the―”

 

‘‘I’m really sorry,Miss Baek Jae Ah.I hope you accept my apologise for making you worried.”

 

I snatched the roses.My anger was a lot more than my happy mood now. ‘‘Apologise not accepted.SERIOUSLY,”I turned my back on him and smell the roses.Hehe.I really like this situation.

 

‘‘Jae,sorry~~”he stand in front of me,rubbing his hand,imitate Super Junior Sorry Sorry famous dance.

 

‘‘I’ll forgive you,”I said.Now,his eyes are widening. ‘‘But on one condition,”I continued.

 

‘‘Finee,Sowoneul malhaebwa?(Tell me your wish)~”he asked me about my condition. ‘‘I want you to stop making me worried about you!”I wished.

 

‘‘Your wish will be fulfilled,my lady.”

 

I smiled.I’m pretty sure that I will worried about him,again.Hmphh,this is the life of fiancée. ‘‘Already having your dinner?”I asked him.He really look exhausted. ‘‘I lost my appetite today,honey.”

 

My heart was crash into pieces.Sandeul is not eating the food that I make for him. ‘‘Okay.I will keep them in fridge.Go get some shower and rest.Quickly,”I said it,coolly.He look at me.Then,he walk into his room.

 

I sighed. ‘‘What to do?He’s tired today,”I said it to myself.I really had a bad day today.I’m forced myself to say, ‘It’s okay’ and I went into my bed early.Trying to forget that DAMN day.

 

****************************************

 

The sun are already rise!

 

Sandeul already go to his office.Hmm,what’s happened to him?He act coolly with me yesterday.I hate it so much,really.But..What can I do?

 

“Sandeul,did my mom your family to come to our dinner tonight?”I asked him,after he got back from his work.

 

He nodded.

 

“Yeah,I almost forgot,”he look at the wall.“Hmm,well..it’s still early,for me.You must go get ready now.Girls need their time,”he teased me,pinching my cheek.

 

“Okay2,You right.I need a girl minute.”

 

****************************************

 

“Omo,Sandeul-ah!You look pale,sonny!”said my dad.Everyone was here.His parents,his grandmother,his brother my parents and my cousin,Bora.“Halmeoni(grandmother),are you fine?”Sandeul raised his voice a little bit,since his grandmother was a little bit deaf.

 

“You little brat!I’m not deaf yet!”she said,hit his but.I laughed.

 

“Oh,there you are,my grandson wife~”she said,raising her hand to hold my hand.“I’m not Sandeul’s wife yet,”I said softly,afraid that she will hit my but,just like she do to Sandeul.“WHAT?”She raised her voice.I thought so.I look at Sandeul and he know that I was asking his help.

 

“She’s not my wife yet,halmeoni!”He raising his voice again.“You brat!How many times do I have to say?!”

 

“Omma,”I hugged my mother.“Jae-ah,doing fine?”my dad asked,smiling at me.I shake my head.Of course I ‘m doing fine!

 

In the middle of our dinner time,Sandeul stand for all sudden.I look at him.He like want to say something to the elders.

 

“Appa,Omma,everyone,and Jae,”he look at me with his serious look.“I know I would make you angry if I say this,but..”he hold my hand.

 

“I want our wedding to be postponed to the next two weeks,”he said.My parents and his parents was quite shocked with what he just said.Bora was widening his eyes.“What made you said that,Sandeul?”asked my dad.

 

He take a deep breath.He must have a brilliant reason to made that such decision.“I wanna spend my life with Jae before we got married.I want to make her less worried about our upcoming wedding,”he explained,along with his hand gestures.

 

“Son,don’t you spend a lot of time with Jae before this?”His father asked.Sandeul was speechless.

 

“I’m okay with it,appa,”I said,squeezing my other hand.Sandeul look at me.

 

“If you agree,so are we,Jae.As long as your both get married,okay?”said my mom.Bora look at me and she just like,“What’s going on?”

 

I don’t know for sure.

 

****************************************

 

Tomorrow,night..

 

Sandeul and I is watching a Wednesday movie in our apartment.“Sandeul,why are you postpone our wedding for all sudden?”I asked him curiously.

 

“I have make it clear yesterday,didn’t I?”

 

I bit my lips.“Jae.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Let’s play a game.”

 

“What game?”

 

“Em..If you miss me and made a decision to meet me,call me or even talk to me,you would be the loser and it would be the same to me.The loser must kiss at the winner cheek,”he explained,smiling.

 

“It’s look like you have confidence in this game,Sandeul,”I said,raising my left eyebrow.

 

He chuckled.“You want to be a loser?”he asked,putting his arm around my neck.“I wanna be the winner for sure!”I said it confidently,without looking at him.

 

He smiling at me,kissing my cheek.

 

****************************************

 

The sun rays wake me up.It must be a nice day,since MR.SUN is shinning today.But..

 

Sandeul was already off to work.“I’ll be missing his goodbye kiss,”I said to myself but I don’t want to be a loser!

 

I drive my car to Bora’s shop.I’m telling about everything.“Geez,don’t he have any else game to play?”she nagged.

 

I look at my wedding dress.Looks like another two weeks,and I will be wearing that dress.That is a long time.“Where’s your assistant?”I asked.“He is taking his day off,with her girlfriend,”she said.Then,the bell rings.

 

“Oh,someone’s coming!”I said.

 

“May I help―Jinyoung?”Bora said it excitingly.I take a glance.It is Jinyoung.“Why are you here?”Bora asked.“I wanna see you!!”he said,showing his cuteness.

 

“Hi,Jinyoung.”

 

“J―Jae?I don’t expect you to come here,”Jinyoung was so surprised that I was there.“It’s Bora’s shop.I can go here,anytime.”

 

“Why are you here?Shouldn’t you be in the office?”I asked him.“I’m―uh,have going back to the office,”he replied.“Ohh,really?”said Bora.He nodded and quickly walk from that shop.

 

“Why everyone is acting so weird?”Bora asked me.“I don’t know.”

 

*

*

*

THURSDAY

*

*

*

FRIDAY
*

*

*

SATURDAY

*

*

*

 

It’s Sunday evening and I’ve not been defeated by Sandeul yet.But still,I’m miss him.Very much.I’m miss how he smile at me,how he comfort me and how he hugged me.I’m miss everything about him.I’m just got home from the market.I’m too exhausted.Maybe I should rest.When I was about to pass Sandeul’s room,I stopped.I look at his bed.It’s my imagination or the reality that Sandeul was sleeping there?I’m keep rubbing my eyes.

 

Hell yeah,it’s my imagination.

 

I walk towards his bed.Everything was neatly arranged.A picture caught my eye!It’s my Polaroid picture with Sandeul.It’s taken in our 1st anniversary.I was a happy those days.So with Sandeul.I lay on his bed,thinking if his alright without me..“Sandeul,I’m miss you.”

 

I’m crying on his bed.

 

****************************************

 

 

I pray no tears in your dream~

I know you’ll fly high in your life~

 

-B1A4 ‘Only one’

 

My phone was ringing.I look at the phone screen and it was Bora,who called.“Yes,Bora?”I asked,yawning a little bit.“Come down.I’ll wait you at the car park?”

 

What the hell?

 

“Yah,it’s Sunday night.Everyone is sleeping,”I replied and wake up from Sandeul’s bed.“It’s important,Jae.Can you please listen to me?”Bora sounds serious now.

 

“Faster.”

 

“Oh..okay,”I look at the mirror,fixing my messy hair.It must something important,since Bora sounds serious.That happy go lucky girl.

 

“What’s going on now?”I asked her as I closed the door car.Bora keep quiet.I look at her.OMG,It is really serious problem.My heart was thumping rapidly.What’s going on?What’s going on?I keep asking that to myself.

 

We arrived at Sandeul’s family mansion.Everyone was looked at me when I was enter the mansion.Most of it,it’s Sandeul’s relatives.At the corner,I saw Jinyoung was wiping his tears.“Jinyoung what’s happened?”I asked.

 

Jinyoung look at Bora.“She didn’t tell you yet?”he asked me.I look at Bora.Bora started to crying.

“Guys,what’s going on?”

 

Jinyoung pulled my hand to the upstairs.He pushed me into a room.My parents and Sandeul’s parents was there.My mom was crying.I look at the bed.There was a body was covered with a white blanket.

 

I look for Sandeul in the room but he wasn’t there.“Bora,where’s Sandeul?”I asked her,but she keep crying on Jinyoung’s shoulder.

 

“No…it couldn’t be..”my heart whispered.

 

I’m approached the bed and standing near the body.Slowly,I pulled the white blanket.Now.It’s not funny.It’s my imagination or the reality that Sandeul was ‘sleeping’ here?

 

“Sandeul,it’s not funny!”I hit his shoulder.I try not to know the whole thing and assume this is a prank.“Honey!Wake up!”I hit him again.There was no reaction.I keep hitting Sandeul shoulder and as the time passes,I started to think that he is..Dead.

 

“Jae!Jae!”

 

Jinyoung grabbed my hand from hitting Sandeul again.“He is dead!DEAD!JUST ACCEPT THE TRUTH,WILL YOU?”Jinyoung yelled at me,causing me to stop hitting Sandeul and cry.

 

“Jae..”

 

Bora called me and hand me a letter.“From Sandeul.”

 

I was crying so hard and I stopped when I opened the letter,

 

Jae,

 

Honey..Don’t cry.I’m sorry for not telling you this.I Have a cancer.I don’t have any courage to tell you this.You won the game,Jae.Congratulations.Sadly,maybe I can’t give you a kiss on your cheek.Jae,you manage to live without me more than one day.I’m proud of you.I hope you will go on your life without me.Find a better man than me.It’s my last wish,honey.I love you.Forever After.

 

SANDEUL:)

 

I wipe my tears.But still,my heart..most of it,can’t accept the truth that Sandeul was gone.I hold his hand and discover something.“What’s..”

 

The photo that Bora caught with her Polaroid camera and our engagement ring.The day when Sandeul kiss my cheek for all sudden.At the back of the photo,it’s states,

 

 

Sandeul is officially Baek Jae Ah’s Husband..hehehe^^”

 

 

Few years later,

 

I have done reading all the novels at my home.Now,I was on my way to the bookstore to guy a new novel.

 

“Hmm,those kids now read this thing,”I murmured to myself,lifting a novel entitled ‘Eclipse’.I look at the other rack.Then,I stopped.A novel called ‘The Host’  kinda interesting.I pulled the book from the rack but it won’t move.Like it was stuck.When I was give up on the novel,the novel was pulled by the other side of the rack.“ What the―”

 

“Hello,miss”

 

A voice said that.I turned around and see…him?

 

“Did you the one who pull this?”he asked,showing me the novel that I want just now.

 

“Yeah..”

 

“Take it.”

 

“No..it’s okay.You take it,”I said.“Please,”I continued.

 

He went silence.I look at him and he was just like…

 

“I’m Lee Sungmin,”he raised his hand.“Baek Jae Ah,”I shaked his hand.“Did I know you before?”he asked me for all of sudden.I'm smiled.

 

 

p/s:maybe there was a typing error..i'm soooo lazy to check the spelling rite now..so hope u enjoy!:D