Little by Little

Paws Matchmaker
 
조금씩 조금씩
 
                   “Thank you. I'm Doha, Park Doha.”
 
Upon knowing the name, it alarmed Youngdoo to stay awake instead of embarrassing himself by doing nonsense habits or something unusual to be looked at, by the man standing in front of him at the moment with Danbi sat and it's taill swinging from side to side gleefully. He dusts off his hands even though he haven't touched anything dirt before shaking hands.
 
He pulled off a smile and introducing himself next, “Yoo Youngdoo, or shortly just call me Doo.”
 
“Nice to meeting you, Doo.”
 
Doha chuckled in the middle of saying those, since he find the awkward latter adorable.
 
“Where did you found him? And... I don't think I've seen you around here before.” he curiously asked.
 
Their hands decamped from the easy handshake.
 
“Oh... yeah, I came from Gangseo-gu. I was here last week to visit my grandmother's house and as I was on my way to the subway station, I bumped onto Danbi... It was laying soaked in the rain. So, I took him home.” he blurted the explanation clearly without leaving any single details missing from what he could recall.
 
Doha nodded, understanding and heaves a relief sigh.
 
“I am so happy it went to the safe person. I was worrying if Danbi met cruel hunters.”
 
“Nah. Danbi knows who's bad and who's a good person.” Youngdoo assured with positiveness activated while smiling towards the merry husky sitting obediently next to his original owner, have been raising it since born.
 
“Uhm... As for repaying your kindness to return a part of my family, how about I treat you dinner?” Doha kindly offering a sincere thank you because he wasn't getting enough sleeps whenever he think of Danbi's condition outside the city. He admitted he has been searching for Danbi everywhere as he can, yet nowhere to be found. He was almost to give it up. Not today.
 
“E-eh? No no, it's fine! I mean, I don't want to troubling–”
 
His words being cut when Doha comfortably hold onto the latter's wrist as a very delightful smile flashed which freeze Youngdoo.
 
“Aye, it's nothing trouble at all. I don't have anything to do for my break time from working after all. Come on. I'll bring you to a restaurant where pets mostly allowed to join.” he recommended.
 
Youngdoo, somehow, surprised by how Doha can be this comfortable when they just newly met, less than ten minutes. Yet he had no other option since he does not have plan tonight.
 
“Uh... okay, sure! As long as there are foods.”
 
 
 
                    Sitting inside the restaurant, or more likely a bistro, embellished by exquisite decorations. There were plenty flowers and framed photos of art hanging onto the walls in different directions as well as other customers bringing along their pets. Doha and Youngdoo also let Danbi to eat first.
 
Meanwhile waiting for their orders to be arrived, they held a pleasant discussions.
 
“So... I heard from a friend of mine that you are famously well known around here as a veterinarian?” asked Youngdoo, assembling his hands crossed together against the desk and looking at the latter casually.
 
Doha nodded with a slight hint of smile in the corner of his lips.
 
“Yes, but I don't really like it when people gossiping based on my looks.” he honestly answered before inserted an exchanging question to the male on the opposite view, “You must be a college student? I mean you look younger.
 
Youngdoo emits a fittest laughter. People around him have been mentioning the same things a lot but he has not getting used to that term, nevertheless, he would not show overly reaction because of the modesty mask as he shook his head.
 
“No, you're wrong. I'm twenty-five years old and a nurse in the hospital of Gangseo. I was going to transferring here.”
 
The other male widened a bit of his resized eyes when those things startled him better than an owl about to munch his hair.
 
“Really? That's incredible. Did you drink potion? I swear you don't look that older.” he jokingly said.
 
Youngdoo rolled his eyes in playful manner, giggling afterwards.
 
The conversation went smooth even after the waitress has served them the foods with drinks placed on both side fairly. Just when Youngdoo devouring the meals like he has never been eaten for six years, it does mesmerized Doha to focus on how the latter can be described to love eating. He gradually learned about a person he just encounter today. What a destiny has to do with them.
 
“Why do you have to transfer?”
 
“Hm? Oh. I want to take care of my grandmother who's sick and the guardian, my aunt, can't do that anymore since she'll get married.” he responded while in the halfway of chewing, fulled mouth that cause chubbiest on his cheeks.
 
Doha loads the urge to pinch them but he must have a self-command not to scare a new chum.
 
“I see... Is it necessary to be nurse in the hospital? You know, you could work with me, so you can look after Danbi all the time.” he knows, according to how much Youngdoo constantly petting and feeding Danbi some pieces of his foods as if sharing, he knows they might be close. It surprised him as well. Danbi won't be nice to strangers and always ignore his customers who came at his clinic.
 
“Huh? But... well.. I provide treatments to humans and I barely learned about animal science. I'm lacking of those knowledge.” he gave out reason with an embarrassed expression, shame that he could not concentrating on those subject during his high school years.
 
Doha suppressed his chuckle, “Who says you have to know everything and mastered before you work?”
 
“Pardon?”
 
“Can I hire you as my nurse and assistant? I only have a receptionist and I worked all by myself, it's kinda difficult to handle things at once. I could double up the salary.” he said, hopefully the male will accept his second offer.
 
Youngdoo, who then paused eating, chewing in an extremely slowest motion as his mind in the road of thinking with a tiny frown.
 
“I may not be able to answer it today... I'll just inform you when I got my mess settled?” he suggested and fishing out his phone to pass it towards the man.
 
Doha gladly typing down his phone number after he grabbed then return it as he finished.
 
“Here. Just call if anything.”
 
 
 
                     Hours passed, they spent it by talking about random stuffs and enjoying the desserts, Doha eventually decided to accompany Youngdoo who keep refusing the offer but then he had to approve. He is incapable to deal with a stubborn adult man. As the shorter male walked the squishy one, leading Danbi together, they continue to talk and laughing until the end of the last topic.
 
Youngdoo bids farewell to Danbi, though he wanted to bring it back yet he prefer to see it happily go home.
 
“See you tomorrow if there's a chance.” said Doha, waving his hand leisurely and the smile piercing dimples.
 
“Sure!” Youngdoo answered, trying to make it sounds normal as he wave back before walking to an available seat in the train. The action simply awkward when it comes to facing someone who attracted him so much.
 
The train zooming off to the previous place of where he came from.
 
Through the whole ride, he has been smiling and twinkling tons of times. Unstoppable. He leaned his back against the seat as his fingers twirling out of sudden shyness. If there were anybody near him, they would possibly think he must be insane for grinning at the blank silver roof the entire time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

TO BE CONTINUED