Lost & Found

Paws Matchmaker
 
잃어버린
 
                   Park Doha, a respective veterinarian, opened his own clinic for pets and animals about 6 months long now. Although it haven't reached 1 year, yet, his clinic and career popularly supported by many that has registered as his customers. His hardworking and patience skills made people calmed from any danger and harmful situation. He could easily adapt to forbearance trait since it's considered to be his natural personality.
 
At the age of 20, he was attending a college in which he took veterinary and biomedical courses until he graduated at 23 years old. Around those years inside the campus, he found his first love with an appealing lady that taught him everything about love blossoming, dates, possession, asset, tragedy, and lost. They have definitely broke up after the graduation event was held due to the disagreement between both of her parents and guardians. It has been 2 years from when they perform a separation.
 
Doha learned not to be selfish.
 
Shrugging off the thoughts.
 
The tall man dressed in casual plaid shirt with a combination of white coat and slacks, petting his beloved dog lovingly while feeding the husky. Currently, there were no customers entering the medical center right at this lunch time yet. The husky does not tied with collars, so he is free to move around without any force since Doha believe his pet would not cause trouble to others.
 
“Wait here, Danbi. I'm going to go buy some food.” he spoke before lift himself up from crouching down too long then turns to the receptionist.
 
“Please take care of Danbi and this place while I'm gone for lunch.”
 
The female receptionist quickly bow her head, obeying the instruction in pleasant as usual.
 
In the meantime of Doha's break, the receptionist were busily playing with Danbi but neglecting it once she heard a doorbell coming that she had to stand behind the counter desk and greeting the customer.
 
“Hello, sir. Welcome to Park's Pet Clinic. How may I help you?”
 
Minutes later as the receptionist kindly told the customer to wait for the doctor's return and another one pushed open the glass door which attracted the tedious Danbi's attention from asleep to be awake, it runs throughout the gap that alarmed the receptionist. She was going to chase but as soon as she stepped outside to look around, there were no more sight of Danbi anywhere and starting to concern if she could be fired.
 
Doha coincidentally walking back to his clinic and spotted the anxious looking receptionist outside that he had to questioning her.
 
“What's the matter?”
 
It startled her to jump a bit and emitted a small gasp.
 
“Yo-your- Da-da-danb-bi ru-run a-a-way!” her stuttering words sounded aggravate.
 
He furrowed his eyebrows, “What....” he heave a deep sigh with both hands positioned on each side of his waist and seems to be attempting to soothe the mad from shooting unappreciated and painful words against her.
 
“For how long now?”
 
“Just like 2 minutes ago. I am so sorry, Mr. Park. I was greeting the customers and Danbi just crossed throughout the gap of the door left open. I wanted to chase but when I've reached outside, it has disappeared.” she explained.
 
At the instant, he put up a plan to go search when a few rain droplets falling onto his head and shoulders. The clouds swapping into gray and murky. Doha had no other choice but to take shelter instead of wasting the customers' time and he had to forget the matter for a bit. Though he wish Danbi could be shielded by someone trustworthy and safe.
 
 
 
 
 
                   Wind whipped the frigid drops, sending them hurtling in every direction. Raining skies, hissing tires on blackened streets and leaves that droop on the bowed branches. The bone-chilling cold seemed unbearable in the howling wind and icy rain. The sound of thunder rolled through the area as another lightning bolt split the sky. People barely roaming but half of the majority does.
 
Danbi soaked under the rain and sitting in the middle of the side streets. The white furs has wholly drenched.
 
Soon, a shadowed umbrella hovering it's top as the rain battering like a hail of bullets and the umbrella belongs to a complete stranger wearing long sleeve T-shirt with a pair of slim jeans and his hair styled normally covering the forehead.
 
“Hello. Why are you alone here?” he asked, even though he knew the dog won't be responding like a human.
 
“Would you like to follow me?”
 
The dog peeks, staring at the unfamiliar face yet he does not bark, nor biting the person away because it could sniffs an oddly unceremonious scent from the young-looking man. It does not understand the questions but when the man stood up, about to depart, the dog trailing the scent without failure. The man thought the dog is different than typical stray dogs and cats that he saw all over the other streets.
 
He gladly picked one home.
 
Upon his arrival inside the house, he shut the umbrella to toss it aside and welcomed the dog by drying it's hair using a new towel then lead it into the bathroom for a quick shower. He bathed the dog on the tub filled with a little water and starts washing the furs with bubbly shampoo. The room echoed in laughter and friendly barks from the husky breed.
 
“Hmm... What should I call you? Doogeun?”
 
It does not respond as if not understanding the sayings and rejecting the names given.
 
“Mocha? Vanilla? Mungmung? Hongee? Coco?”
 
His suggestions seemed to be disliked mostly.
 
“Hm... It's a rainy day... There should be a name contains of refreshing rain.. Ah! Danbi?”
 
He got surprised when the dog barked happily alongside a few soft panting.
 
He chuckled, “That must be your name. It's impossible for a gorgeous living like you would be abandoned.” while drying the furs again using a hairdryer after they quit and left the bathroom.
 
“My name is Yoo Youngdoo, will be securing you and feeding you as much as you want to eat!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

TO BE CONTINUED