5/6

Is it like the ocean?

A/N: I think the previous chapter is explained a little bit better here. The next and final one is going to be the epilogue! I hope you'll enjoy. 

 

 

 

H: Let me give you all that you need.

A: How deep is your love, Mr. Right?

 

100%

 

 

"So you're telling me you guys broke up?", Luna snapped.

"We didn't break up Sunyoung-ah, we were never together to begin with."

"But I left you guys in a lovey-dovey mode the other day! Explain it to me."

"There's not much to explain to be honest. We kissed backstage and then Eric had this silly idea to have us play the pepero game while on the show and that's about it."

"There's also when he came to your apartment basically feeding after your lips in front of me!" Luna chuckled.

"He didn't see you standing there, but yes, there's also that."

"But how did you end up kissing backstage?"

"I can't explain it either. It sort of happened."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning, one moment we were just casually talking and the next we were kissing."

"And you didn't say a word about it afterwards?" she wondered.

"He actually told me he wanted to kiss me and then it all became blurry after that."

"Oh my, for real? He said that?"

"Yes."

"I knew it, I knew it all along." Luna cried.

"How could you know it? I didn't know it!"

"You did, Amber. You were just refusing to address it; which was exactly what he kept doing all along as well."

"Luna, the psychology expert." Amber retorted.

"You can make fun of me but you know it's true."

Amber opened to say something but Luna was faster.

"But you still aren't telling me; what happened in your apartment that messed it all up?"

"He said something."

"About?"

"About someone."

"About who? Don't tell me-"

"Yes."

"James? He mentioned James?"

"Yep."

"How? Did he compare himself to him or something?"

"That's how I saw it yes. I felt ty and I just asked him to leave."

"And you haven't spoken since?"

"We've seen each other but it hasn't been just us in the room."

"Call him then." Luna urged.

"It's weird and awkward and he should call me. I wasn't the one who mentioned his ex while kissing!"

"I suppose you're right. But how did it feel?" Luna asked.

"What?"

"Kissing Henry!"

"It felt like -- Amber hesitated for a second -- it felt like I wanted more."

"Oooooh!!"

"Stop it!" Amber blushed.

"But no, Amber this is amazing! You gotta give this another chance. Cause it's Henry." Luna emphasized with a wink.

"Maybe that's why I shouldn't." Amber winked back.

"Come on, I'm sure you'll have your chance to talk things over."

"Yeah...I don’t know, probably...Maybe.."

"Certainly!", Luna laughed.

 

 

¨¨¨

 

 

"Let's take a selfie." Henry urged. The girl next to him smiled as he came near her and demonstrated the cutest of his faces.

“I can't believe you still haven't discussed it, Henry” she said after their pose.

“I've barely seen her.”

“And who's responsible for that?” Luna asked.

“I guess both of us.”

I wanted to say it's you.

Me? But she should've reached out, I took the risk, she-”

“She's wandering around the hallway taking snapchat videos you should bump into her.” Like accidentally. Luna gestured.

“Ok,ok I got you.”

“We have like half an hour before going on stage again. Plenty of time!” Luna suggested checking her phone.

“Ok, ok I'll go find her.” he agreed.

Henry saw her minutes later filming videos and taking selfies with all her friends just like what Luna had told him. She seemed to be having so much fun. She seemed to be just fine.

Just fine without him there.

His presence was unnecessary. He didn't approach her that night.

 

 

¨¨¨

 

 

Everyone was enjoying their ice cream. Commotion suddenly started happening.

"Yo, Amber! Whassap!" Austin said welcoming Amber in the group.

“Sketchy allies are my thing! You're stealing my secret places!" Amber joked.

“We learnt from the best!” Justin announced, clasping Amber's hand.

Henry locked eyes with her for the first time since he realised she was there. He was relaxed before enjoying his dessert, but his heart was racing now.

"Hey." he finally said.

"Hey." she muttered back.

At first they just stood there side by side joking around with the rest of the group. Henry was feeling her presence and was failing to pretend like this wasn't a big deal. Amber, his Amber whom he hadn't seen for one month and twenty-three days after the latest sm concert. Not that he was counting.

"What about my dessert? he suddenly heard her complaining. This was his chance he thought.

"I have an extra spoon." he quickly offered.

"Ok." she said dryly. His eyes brightened.

"Hey you basically scooped the whole thing out!" Henry yelled a second later.

"Don't be petty Lau".

“But there's nothing left for me now!” he continued.

“Ok let me give you some”, she said using her spoon to feed him once.

"Now the rest for me." she declared and turned her back at him.

He stared at her. He just couldn't believe how much he loved this girl. Everything she would do seemed so cute to him, that he had to try his hardest not to wrap her in his arms right at that moment. In front of everyone. Telling everyone. Oh how much he wished you could just do that. He pondered for a minute.

"Creative I need to be creative" he thought.

"Look at who I bumped into" he suddenly said startling her. He pointed his camera at her. She was confused at first but quickly recovered by making a what seemed like a disgusted face. She then started feeding him chocolate clumsily.

“Ok, ok stop, stop.” he pleaded as she was basically chocking him. Henry used his fingers to clean the chocolate from the corners of his mouth.

“Ew you're disgusting" she shouted as he almost dipped his finger back in the bowl.

He stopped filming.

“Here, cleanup” she said offering him a napkin. He gave her a meaningful look. She looked at him back earnestly. This made Henry happier than he had been in months. Every little sign that he could make things right again mattered to him the most at this point. The next moments he would use every kind of excuse to touch her.

Her shoulder, her arm, her hands. Until he couldn't take it anymore. I missed you so much he whispered close to her ear.

 

 

¨¨¨

 

 

An hour later and it was just the two of them.

"We really need to talk” he said."

“I'm listening.”

“Come to my house.”

"Fine, let's go." she said without hesitation.

 

 

“So this is my new chair, I repaired it myself.” He told her earnestly just a few minutes after they had walked in. “And these are the light bulbs that I, personally installed in the kitchen. I designed everything myself.”

Amber was looking at what he was pointing at, unimpressed.

“So you like it?” She just looked at him without a reply.

“And come, come I'll show you my studio.” He dragged her in by the hand.

“Look! The lights! They change colour; green-purple-blue.”

“And let me guess, she interrupted speaking for the first time, you thought of everything yourself.”

“Yes!” he proudly stated. “What?” He exclaimed as soon as he met her ironic stare.

"Ujujujuju my Henry did well, good job, such a good job.” She suddenly went off in Korean.

“Hey!”

“What? You want me to clap too?” And she proceeded clapping.

“Is this how it's gonna be now?”

“Yes. Unless-”

“Unless?”

“Unless you tell me what I wanna hear.”

 

“I love you.” He immediately blurred out.

 

Her eyes widened.

“I'm telling you first-that I love you. I love you. I've been missing you every day all this time. I want us to be together. A real couple.” he said it all in one breath.

“You're not jealous of James anymore?”

He looked down. He knew this was coming.

“I'm sorry I mentioned him. I was so insecure back then. I've been seeing you completely smitten with him for months and I guess I just couldn't shake that image off my head.”

“And now you can?”

“I still can't. But I won't be an idiot about it anymore.”

She smiled. It felt like he hadn't seen that smile in ages. That honest Amber smile that lit up his whole world.

“Let me help you erase that image a little bit” she said and stepped onto her toes. She then laid her lips on his lips.

This sent shivers through the whole of his existence. He immediately drew her closer and kissed her softly at first but then harder and deeper. He felt her clinging onto him more and more, his knees were about to give way but he was determined to kiss her like his life depended on it. Each small break they were taking his heart was aching. He wanted to make her feel like he did.

 

Complete.

 

Eventually her lips escaped. They were inches away from each other, breathing deeply, standing at this moment.

“How about that image?” she finally told him. “Has it disappeared a little bit now?”

“Not even close” he said and lift her off her feet.

Amber giggled and wrapped her legs around his waist. “I think”, she said, kissing the hollow of his neck, “there's a room in the house I have yet to see.”

He lost no time.

 

 

¨¨¨

 

 

 

Henry's busy schedule in China had kept him away for a week. They were finally seeing each other again in flesh, holding hands and casually walking side by side.

Their conversation included everything, from what they had eaten to whom they had talked to that previous week that they had been apart. Both of them had abused face-time and yet still felt the need to repeat everything now that they were finally breathing the same air.

 

“I still haven't heard it from you.” Henry suddenly claimed after a moment of silence amidst their chat.

“What is this about now?” Amber wondered out loud.

“I've said it to you, but you haven't said it back to me.” he insisted.

“Henry, I thought we were fine, why are you trying to sabotage it?” she asked in a serious tone.

“I'm not sabotaging anything, I'm just saying, I'd like to hear it from your lips. I know you feel it Amber.”

At that moment, she stopped mid-way letting go of his hand. He smirked and traced it back. He took a step forward but she stood still causing him to stumble. He looked at her with a mixture of surprise and annoyance.

It was her turn to smirk.

She held his cheeks and placed her lips softly onto his, waiting. He didn't react. She insisted kissing him a second and a third time.

 

"I love you", she whispered.

 

He immediately wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Say that again", he said with a wide smile.

"I love you."

"And again."

"I love you. I love you more than you can imagine."

"I have a strong imagination. Try me."

"No one else drives me as crazy as you do. No one else can make my heart beat so loud that I can't even hear my own thoughts."

"Is this a good thing?" Henry asked with a grin.

"You've made me love you, the whole of you, even your grease." Amber teased.

He pulled her up by her waist onto her tiptoes. "I'm not greasy; I just love you that much." He gently fitted their lips together.

"So I'm making you greasy?" Amber asked upon breaking their kiss. " he nodded. “That's BS!" she laughed.

"You cause about 90% of it!" Henry argued.

"As if! You were born with it" she giggled and playfully snapped his shoulder.

"OK, I might be a little bit born with it." He admitted and placed an arm over her shoulder bringing her close again. She circled his back with her hand and he kissed her forehead as they marched together forward.

 

 

"So are these two officially together now?" Eric wondered looking at them from a distance.

"Have they not always been together?" his girlfriend asked with an amused tone in her voice.

"I suppose! Look at them being lovebirds and all! Ugh disgusting!" Eric joked.

"They probably feel the same way looking at us." Ailee said, and linked arms with him. They smiled at each other shyly.

 

Henry and Amber waited for them. Giggles and shouts were heard as both couples enjoyed the rest of their afternoon walk by the Han river.