03 : Rivals

Nerds Of YG

 

~ Lisa's P.O.V~

 

     I walk to school and to my locker, grabbing all my stuff. Just as I was about to walk to Jennie, a girl walks over to me, her little crew behind her. They stop in front of me and the girl walks around me. When she stops, she looks at me in disgust.

 

   " What does he see in you?" she retorts. I raise my eyebrow and look at her.

 

   " Who's he?" I ask, genuinely confused.

 

   " Oh don't act dumb little nerd, you know who," she growls.

  

 " I don't know who, I'd like if you tell me who 'he' is," I ask.

 

   " You should know that it's Ten, my boyfriend," she says.

 

   "Well , thanks for the information, but I have somewhere to be," I say, walking off.

 

    I look back and see her flip her hair, walking away with her little wannabe's. I run over to Jennie and walk with her to class. I feel glares from girls the rest of the time until lunch. I run to Jennie and sit at our usual table. 

 

   " Why are all the girls in this school glaring at you, it's like we're in the hunger games all over again," Jennie ask.

 

   " I don't know, but do you know who that is?" I ask, nodding my head towards the girl from earlier who is sitting next to Ten.

 

   " Oh her she's the biggest *bleep* in the school, slept with every guy in school. She's currently dating Ten. Pretty sure she's cheated on him many times," she says.

 

    " Oh well she kind of confronted me today asking what Ten saw in me, which I'm seriously confused by," I say. Her eyes widen.

 

   " That's why every girl is glaring at us, well maybe I should tell you about her little clique. First there's Momo(Twice), Ten's so called girlfriend. Next there's Sana, Momo's best friend since 3rd grade. Then it's Dahyun, the party animal, goes to every single school party or at least any party. And last is Nahyun, she's known as the nicest of the group, but also the rudest. I used to be friends with her, but she left me for them," she says.

" Oh, I guess they're the people I should stay away from," I say, causing her to nod.

 

   The bell rang to go to our next class, so Jennie and I walked fast to our next class. We went our separate ways and into our next class. I sit down in my chair and stare forward. As girls walk in, I feel many glares coming from them. How long is this going to go on? Hopefully not that long.

 

   When I get out of school, I look down at my phone and see a text from my parents saying the driver won't be able to pick me up from school, so I have to walk home. I'm glad I don't live that far. I start walking towards my house. On my way there, a car slows down next to me. They roll down their windows to reveal Ten.

 

   " Need a ride babe?" he smirks.

 

   " No thank you, I prefer walking than sitting in the same car as you," I say, rolling my eyes. I continue walking, him following.

 

  " Come on you don't live that far. You will be out fast." 

  

 " Yeah, I don't live far, so I'm more than happy to walk there." 

 

   " It would be quicker."

 

   " Nope I'm walking. Goodbye," I say, walking faster

 

 I make it to my house a little bit later, opening the door and stepping in the cool house. It's been so hot here. I mean two weeks ago it was cold and some days were cold and hot. Today was just hot.

 

     I skip upstairs and run into my room, kicking off my shoes and dropping my bag on the floor. I run into my bathroom and take a quick shower to cool down. Changing into more comfortable clothes, I turn on the TV and lay back, watching some random dance show. I hear the doorbell go off, walking downstairs to see who it is and look through the peephole. I see Ten standing outside. Opening the door slowly, I look through the crack in the door.

 

  " What do you want?" I ask, glaring at him.

 

  " I was told by my parents to come here, to 'get to know you'," he says, putting quotation marks around get to know you.

 

  " Well here's two things you should know about me, one I don't like you and two I'm not letting you in my house," I say, glaring still.

 

  " Come on babe, plus you have to get to know me to fall for me," he smirks.

 

  " I already know you and I don't like you," I say.

 

  " Just let me in," he pouts.

 

  " No! Can't you just go to you friends house and not bug me. Your parents would never know." 

 

 " Actually they would because they're coming over here with your parents in a little," he replies. I sigh and open the door fully, letting him in. He steps in and smirks. 

 

  " Don't get any ideas just because we're alone," I say.

 

   " I wasn't until now," he smirks.

 

    I roll my eyes and walk back upstairs, walking in my room and plopping on my bed. I roll over and see Ten at the door way.

 

    " You can sit on my couch or bean bag," I say, pointing at both.

 

    He sits on the couch closets to my bed and stares at me. I raise my eyebrow and lay on my bed staring back. 

 

   " So did you finish the homework?" He questions. I nod.

 

   " Yup, why wouldn't I?" I ask.

 

   " I don't know just wondering," he replies.

 

   The awkward silence returns. I pull out my phone and put my headphones in, turning on my music. I pat my foot on the wall with the beat. I grab my drum sticks and make a beat on the wall that goes with the song, forgetting Ten was there. 

 

   " You're good," I hear Ten say. I turn around and look at him.

 

    " Thanks," I say," do you know how to do anything like this, you know music wise," I ask

 

  " Um kind of, I never tried anything, but the piano," he says.

  

 " I have a piano, it's in that door," I say, pointing to the door.

 

    He gets up and opens the door revealing my many instruments placed neatly. He walks to my piano which is in the middle and presses on a key. 

 

   " So you play?" he ask me, looking at me.

 

   " Uh, yeah, but I haven't for awhile," I say, looking at the piano.

 

   " Why?" he ask, confused.

 

  " I don't know, one day I just stopped," I reply.

 

   " Can you try to play?" he begs.

   

I sigh and nod, sitting on the bench and taking a huge breath. Starting to play.

 

  I finish playing and look up at him. He looks amazed and smiles genuinely. I smile back and stand up.

 

  " It feels good to play again," I smile, looking at the piano.

 

  " I don't know why you stopped you're amazing," he compliments.

 

  " I'm not that good," I reply.

 

  " You must have bad hearing if you don't think so," he says.

 

  " Who knew you were actually nice," I say.

 

  " Eh I'd rather not show it. It's better when you don't show weakness. That's how I became popular I guess," he says. I hum and walk out of the room.

 

  " So bad boy's actually a good boy?" I ask.

 

  " Nah, I'm still a bad boy, but I could be your good boy," he winks.

 

     I roll my eyes and walk out of my room. I get downstairs to see my parents and Ten's parents sitting in the living room with fancy cups and wine. My mom looks at me and stands up, dragging me out of the room.

 

 " What are you wearing?" She ask me. I look down and look back up.

 

  " Clothes," I say, raising my eyebrow.

Isn't it obvious? 

 

  " Don't act smart with me. Those are not clothes of a rich young lady. Go change into something nicer if you haven't noticed we have guest!" she whispers/yells.

 

    I sigh and nod, walking upstairs. I look in the corner of my eye and see Ten in the living room. I close my door and grab some clothes, changing into this. I slowly walk downstairs and into the living room. I look for an empty seat and see the only empty seat is next to Ten. I walk over and sit down next to him. I scoot a bit farther away from him, only to be pulled in closer by him. 

 

  " Hey babe," he whispers. I glare at him and pinch his arm that's around me.

 

  " Don't call me that and don't touch me in anyway," I growl.

 

    They stayed for about I don't know 2 hours later. The parents said goodbyes and walked outside together.

 

  " So, you, me. Date tomorrow?" he ask.

 

  " In your dreams lover boy," I reply.

 

   " Worth a shot. See ya tomorrow tall nerd," he says.

 

  " Oh so now my nicknames nerd. Whatever see ya tomorrow Ten." I reply, walking back inside.

 

    I go upstairs and change for the last time. I plop onto my bed and fall asle

ep thinking about what might happen tomorrow