Extra Drabble

Pastel Kisses

            It didn’t take long for Joonmyeon to realize that there were many sides to dating one Kim Jongdae.

            Of course, the boy was lovely and perfect in every way. He was a little ball of pastel sunshine that fluttered around everywhere with stupid pranks and a cat-like smile. Practically everything about him screamed happiness and silliness and just generally positivity and if Joonmyeon could even try to complain about that.

            Sometimes, though—just occasionally— all that positivity made him a little… overexcited.

            They’d been in the mall for the past three hours, running around to store after store, looking at practically anything and everything. It didn’t matter what, or if it had anything to do with them They’d stopped by supplement stores—Jongdae was sure that Joonmyeon used them to get buff—to glasses store—in which Jongdae bought a random pair of fake frames that made him look like a very huggable librarian—to even a jewelry store because Jongdae insisted that Joonmyeon didn’t accessorize enough.

            There was one type of store they’d been to repeatedly throughout the trip, though—clothing stores. Or more specifically, outlets. Jongdae loved them, taking any chance to add to his already massive wardrobe without breaking the bank.

            “Ooh, ooh, what about this?”

            “It looks lovely, Dae.”

            “You said that about the past six ones!”

            Sighing, Joonmyeon resisted the urge to cup his forehead in frustration. His feet were killing him, they’d taken so many goddamn trips to the car to drop off their bags that at this point Joonmyeon was wondering if someone could create drive-through malls, because that’d be clearly more efficient. He was starting to lose bits and pieces of his never-ending patience after having to wrangle in an eager Jongdae more than once. Really, it was like bringing back your kid or puppy who saw a brightly-colored candy or toy store. It didn’t help that Jongdae practically talked like a kid, too, constantly whining and whimpering and doing aegyo when things didn’t exactly his way but the grumbling didn’t get things done.

            Joonmyeon couldn’t complain much, though. He’d brought this upon himself, he supposed. After all, it was him who got a bit pissy when he was told that going shopping with Jongdae was supposed to be a big deal. Baekhyun had been incredulous when he found out that the couple hadn’t gone shopping together, saying that with Jongdae, any trip, be it to a grocery store or a mall, was a ‘spiritual experience that only those closest to him could withstand.’ Now, the rational part of Joonmyeon’s brain reasoned that they’d only been dating for a couple months now, so he really had no reason to be upset at that. Of course they wouldn’t be ridiculously close at that point, not enough to go on these seemingly magical shopping trips, so it was no wonder he hadn’t been invited yet.

            Still, there was a smaller, pettier part of Joonmyeon that screamed louder than the rational part. It whined and wailed about wanting to become one of the closest people in Jongdae’s life, to invest as much as he could in his adorable boyfriend’s life. Eventually, it was this part of his brain that won out, convincing him to offer his company when Baekhyun had to suddenly cancel for his and Jongdae’s mall-bonanza.

            Right now, though, he was wondering if he’d sold his soul to carnation pink devil.

            “That’s because they were all cute,” he responded simply, frowning when Jongdae unlinked their connected hands to cross his arms and pout.

            “I knew I should’ve just postponed and waited ‘til Baekhyun was free—you’re no help at all!” the younger boy whined, even stomping his baby-blue-converse-covered-feet to emphasis his annoyance. The image was so cute Joonmyeon’s hand twitched in the temptation to grab his phone and take a picture.

            So he did.

            “Hyuuuung!” He stomped louder this time, enough that an old woman nearby started giving him strange looks—though whether it was because of his childish actions, or because two grown men were walking around the petite female’s clothing section, Joonmyeon wasn’t sure. “Delete that, now!”

            “I can’t,” Joonmyeon said simply, stepping forward to wrap his arm around Jongdae’s waist and tug him closer, all while glaring at the old woman enough to make her look away. “I’m sorry for not being helpful, but I'm just a little distracted."

            “By what?” Jongdae huffed, but relented to the embrace.

            “You,” Joonmyeon replied with a cheeky grin, the expression only growing as Jongdae’s face went pink.

            “You’re awful,” he deadpanned, but the little crack at the end of his voice didn’t go unnoticed by Joonmyeon.

            “And you’re adorable,” he shot back. “How am I supposed to focus on the sweaters when all I can think about is the precious person who would be wearing them?”

            “… I h-hate you.” As he spoke, arms came up to wrap around Joonmyeon’s neck, a face leaning in to nuzzle his neck, and the older couldn’t stop the small grin that came to his face.

            Perhaps he’d found the way to control shopping-crazy Jongdae?

            “Now help me choose between the ice cream sweater or the galaxy one.”

            …Or not.

            “Of course, dear.”


sooo heres a little thing lol
basically the story behind this is that i saw the pictures from the dear happiness photobook and they were just so cute and fluffy that i had to do something for it so here's a little drabble in lieu of it all + my ty cover photo (don't judge me ive never done any before and i don't have photoshop on my computer anymore so i had to use rip off versions welp)
sorry it's not much but just think of it as a little bonus <3