Virtual Reality

Virtual Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That was so much fun, we totally rocked it,” exclaims Xiah. “We should definitely form a band together.”
Like always, Changmin can’t help but smile at Xiah’s bubbly personality.
“Yeah, we’re becoming a real big hit here, maybe we should make it official,” says Hero.
“I’m in,” says Micky.
“Me too,” says U-Know.
“What about you Max,” asks Xiah, his virtual tail wagging behind him.
Max chuckles while reaching up to scratch behind Xiah’s ear making him purr, “Okay sure.”
“Yay!” Xiah squeals while jumping up into Max’s arms and giving him a big kiss, which Max happily returns.
“Get a room,” teases Micky.
“I like that idea, don’t you,” Xiah asks while kissing Max’s neck.
“Absolutely,” he says and without another word, whisks Xiah off to his virtual home leaving the other three laughing once again at how their virtual characters were.

Changmin signs off with a sigh. If only my life was really that great. Changmin had joined Dream Life right after it had hit the net almost six months ago and it had quickly become his safe haven from his real life. He didn’t have to hide who he really was there. Ironically enough, it was in real life that he had hide to pretend to be someone he wasn’t.
In reality he had to pretend he was straight, that he was okay with going to law school instead of majoring in music. He had to pretend that he could handle the pressure and expectations of his parents without clawing his or someone else’s eyes out.
Sometimes he wished he could just disappear completely into Dream Life where no one could find him and live there for real.
If only.
His computer beeps with an incoming message from the chat room that he and the others used when they weren’t in Dream Life and he gets up to walk over to his desk to join in. Glancing over what the others had written he sees that they’re talking how they won the battle of the bands contest earlier.
Hero: Hey, I’ve been thinking, since the five of us have become such good friends over the last six months, maybe we should all meet for real.
Micky: Are you for real? Because I was actually wanting to talk to guys about that too.
Xiah: I’m so there! I’ve been dying to meet you guys for real.
Max: I don’t know guys, do you really think that would be a good idea?
U-Know: Why not? I mean we already know that we all live in the same city, so what’s the problem Max?
Changmin bit his lip, worried because he liked the way things were now. What if they all met up and saw how different he was in real life and didn’t still like him. Worse yet, what if Xiah didn’t like the real him. He suddenly felt like he was thirteen again, insecure and unsure about anything.
Micky: What’s the matter Max? You afraid that one us might turn into an ax murderer or something? LOL.
Changmin is about to respond with some excuse to try and get out of the meet up when a private message box from Xiah pops up.
Xiah: What’s wrong Max:(, don’t you want to meet up with the rest of us?
Max: Of course I do. It’s just…
Xiah: Just what?
Max: It’s just that it’s so much easier in D.L., I don’t want to risk losing what I have with you and the others.
Xiah: You’re worried that we won’t like the real you? Don’t be silly, you know that we all love you.:) Me most of all and I’ll claw out the eyes of anyone who says otherwise.
Max: LOL. That might actually be funny to watch. I love you too.
Xiah: Besides, once we meet up for real I might such steal you away shortly afterwards so we can have a repeat performance of what we did earlier. ;)
Changmin has to bite his lip to keep from at the reminder of what he and Xiah been doing a few hours ago in Dream Life. It made him wonder if Xiah was really that flexible in real life.
Max: Fine you win.
It isn’t until he’s hit enter that he realizes that he typed that in the chat room box instead of the private message box. “.” Xiah didn’t miss a beat however also returned to the chat.
Xiah: VICTORY! XD *happy dance*
Hero: Does anyone else feel like we just missed something.
U-Know: With those two, almost always.
Micky: Xiah must have been persuading him in private.
Max: *glares at Micky* Shut up Micky.
Hero: Anyway, we should decide on a time and place to meet.
U-Know: I know just the place.:)

The next day Changmin felt nervous as he walks into Café Mirotic, which U-Know had suggested last night. They had decided to all meet up there at four o’clock and that should ware something red so that they’d be to spot each other. Changmin finds an empty table and takes a seat. He didn’t think that they’d have any trouble recognizing him because he had made his avatar look as much like himself as could, just with a slightly more flashy yet elegant wardrobe.
“Max?”
Changmin glances up from the table to see a man that might be almost as tall as him. Pushing his nervousness aside he stands up and offers him a smile as he nods his head. “”That’s me.”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter