Chapter 1

I Got A Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hearing the sudden sounds of barking and a loud thump on the door, Yuri's eyes shot open as she fell off the couch she had fallen alseep in. Letting out a groan of pain, she lifted herself onto her elbows and stifled a yawn. Looking around, she realised she had fallen asleep in the back room of the flower shop she worked at. Standing up, she rubbed her head while walking towards to door to open it. She was expecting to see Sarang, Eunmi ahjumma and Duho ahjusshi's dog, standing there wagging her tail at her but instead, halfway of opening the door, Sarang managed to push the door open causing Yuri to stumble backwards and knocked her to the ground. Sarang Yuri's face enthusiastically, earning her a fit of giggles from Yuri's mouth. As Yuri pushed Sarang off, she realised what day it was today.

"I'm 20 years old today" She whispered softly to herself, a small smile forming.

Yuri stood up and brushed any dirt off her clothes as she walked out the room. She could hear Yuhee ahjumma's voice talking to a customer on the phone as she jotted down the address for the delivery. She looked up at Yuri and gave a bright smile while still holding the phone to her ear. She pointed to the plastic bag near the counter with the pen then at Yuri and made an eating gesture. Yuri nodded to her, smiling gratefully at her as Yuri walked out the shop to her bike and grabbed her back pack. After brushing her teeth and changing her clothes, Yuri walked out of the bathroom and was greeted by Yuhee ahjumma hugging her tightly. Yuri hugged her back.

"Happy birthday, my dear Yuri" 

"Thank you, ahjumma"

"Now go eat before you start on today's deliveries. Oh and also, Eunmi called me to tell you she is expecting you later for dinner"

Yuri nodded, giving herself a mental note of today's deliveries and stopping by Eunmi ahjumma's house before heading home. She grabbed the sandwich out of the plastic bag, slung her backpack on her shoulders and grabbed all the written address and the first few flowers that needed to be delivered before heading out the door. Yuri dumped the sandwich in the wicker basket on the front of the bicycle and secured the separate basket of flowers on the back of her bicycle. She stepped back, admiring the three-speed silver cruiser with a large white wicker basket lined with pink and white ribbons, which made it seem cute and girly. Still in awe at how this beautiful bicycle could be hers and it was all thanks to her best friend, Jaeyoon who gave it to her a few days ago as an early birthday present. Snapping out of her daydream, Yuri hopped on her bicycle and pedaled away to start on the deliveries.

The deliveries went by quickly and before she knew it, Yuri was on her last delivery for the day. She headed back to the shop to pick up the bouquet of flowers and handed Yuhee ahjumma's lunch. Yuhee ahjumma insisted after the last delivery, Yuri was free to go home and she'll lock the shop by herself. Yuri was about to protest but Yuhee ahjumma pushed her out the door before Yuri could and waved her off. Yuri chuckled as she rode her bike.

This is great, she thought as she pedaled away enjoying the fresh afternoon breeze. Few minutes had passed and Yuri was almost at the elementary school, she could already see the gates. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter