of men and kitties - final

of men and kitties // Project Trainees // Task 1

Job Interviews.

 

Shin Gahee was never one to get nervous at a job interview.

 

Just this morning,she walked into the great and enormous Samsung building as confident as ever, with no ounce of nervousness present.

So one thing that she couldn’t understand while sitting inside that big room along with five other interviewees - waiting for her turn to be interviewed was, why the heck would her heart not slow down from the a hundred never ending meter run that it seemed to be currently participating in; unabling her to have the ability to properly breathe and function.

 

“Ms. Shin? Is everything alright?”

 

His unbelievably melodic voice reaches her red ears, and she suddenly forgets how to breath for a split second.

 

‘Pull yourself together, Shin Gahee.’ she mentally warns herself.

 

“Y-Yes. Everything is go~od.”

Cursing herself for stuttering, she pulls out one of her hands from under the glass desk to brush off a few hair strands that had fallen on her small face but immediately changes her mind and puts her hand back at once, when she sees what a gross and sweaty mess it had become.

 

From the other side of the desk, a certain chinese male, couldn’t help but quietly chuckle at the adorable and extremely nervous looking girl sitting on the last chair, in the middle of the big room.

 

A bit less than an hour later, the end of the interviews was announced and everyine got up to gather their stuff and head out of the stuffy room.

 

To be able to get even a simple interview at a big and successful company such as Samsung, you had to really impress and leave an impression with only your resume to the board of directors.

 

If you did manage to be one of the few that got called in for an official interview, you had to be able to blow the interviewers’ minds with your abilities and determination in the extremely short amount of time given.

Losing this chance to show yourself meant to give up the dream of being able to ever work there.

 

A few of the six interviewees had overall satisfied faces while the rest just couldn’t stop sighing in disappointment. Shin Gahee was part of the latter group.

 

On the other hand, the samsung interviewers couldn’t wait to get out of the stuffy room and go have their lunch. All except one.

Quickly packing his report files and sticking them inside his leather Ted Baker messenger bag, he approaches the blue looking girl, with fast steps.

“Shin Gahee-ssi!”

Hearing her name being called, Gahee freezes. The normal Gahee would confidently turn around but the Gahee that was present at that moment, could only shyly stop whatever she was doing - not daring to look up with the fear that her heart might start acting up all crazy again.

She could hear his footstep getting closer by the second and before she knew it, he was standing in front of her; helping her put her papers inside her bag.

 

“Y-yes-s Mr. Lu? Can I- can I help y-you?” Mentally facepalming herself for the stuttering, she slowly dares herself to look up just so he doesn't feel offended or disrespected by her behavior.

At least that's what she tried to convince herself to be the reason.

Secretly, she knew that it was just so she could get at least a last glimpse at his beautiful face that she would probably never see again after today, seeing how bad she managed to do at the interview.

 

“You don’t have to be so nervous you know. The interview is already done. Plus you did great. You don’t have to worry too much. I’m sure you’ll get the job.” Luhan says, giving her a heartwarming and assuring smile.

 

“There is no need to lie to me Mr. Lu.” Saluting herself for managing to let out a sentence without stuttering, Gahee returns the smile and bows slightly in respect and appreciation for his help and sweet words.

 

Shin Gahee was more than positive that she had lost the chance of being able to work at Samsung. When her turn had come for the interview, there was so much stuttering that she could hear the other interviewees snickering and laughing at her.

 

At the same time, most of her time was wasted by the interviewers telling her to not be too nervous and relax.

 

She couldn’t exactly tell them that the only way she could relax would be if a certain extremely hot looking male would leave the room. But then again, if he did leave, she was sure that she would miss his heartwarming presence.

 

For a stranger, Mr. Lu had done things to her heart that none of her ex-boyfriends had been able to do.

 

“I’m not lying.” he says, placing his hand gently on her shoulder to stop her.

Looking straight into her eyes, as if asking for permission, he carefully guides his long fingers around the straps of her bag when she unconsciously nods her head to whatever he was planning to do.

 

“You may have been a bit nervous during the interview, but your resume was the best one out of all of the other applicants. All of the other directors agree to that.”

 

Motioning for her to follow him, Gahee’s feet unfreeze and  automatically start moving in sync with his longer ones.

 

“Also, stop calling me Mr. Lu. It makes me feel old. I just go by Luhan. From what I saw in your resume, I’m just a couple of years older. Maybe outside of work you can even call me Oppa or Gege - since I am chinese and all.”

 

Giving her a wink, he heads towards the elevators.

 

“Where are we going?” Gahee asks, blushing at his words and kind behavior, suddenly feeling much less nervous than before but still not completely sane.

“Let’s go have lunch. My treat.”

Shyly mumbling a ‘ there is no need but alright.’, Shin Gahee completely misses the dirty and jealous looks that the other females in the building were giving her, as butterflies erupt inside her stomach.

 


 

Luhan was right. She indeed didn’t have to worry about the interview. About a week later, she received a call saying that she got the job.

Now, about three months later, she really wished she had taken a Communication Major back in university. Maybe then she would be able to work with Luhan.

 

Not to be taken wrong. Shin Gahee loved her new job in the designing unit. She got paid well, she had a great boss and even greater co workers. The only con was that she could rarely see Luhan.

 

After her interview, the two of them did hang out a couple times to have some coffee or to have their cat’s hang out - yes, when she found out that he had a cat, she came up with the idea of their cats hanging out just so she could spend more time with him - but sadly, it didn’t last for too long.

 

He would still greet her or smile at her whenever he saw her at work, but they had gone back to being two strangers again.

 

Getting home, she lazily slips out of her black pumps and massages her sore feet before guiding them inside her cozy slippers.

 

Walking inside her living room, she was about to call her cat over but before a word could escape , she sees the last thing she was ever expecting to see.

The moment her eyes land on her comfortably lying kitty,  her jaw drops - along with her bag.

 

The last person Luhan was expecting to see waiting for him, as he came out of his office on that late Thursday evening, was Shin Gahee.

Not that he was complaining. The younger girl always managed to make his heart beat faster and go out of control. He liked that.


 

“Luhan-ssi!” she calls out, a bit too loudly, the moment she sees him walking out.

Chuckling, Luhan can’t help but smile as he remembers what a quiet and nervous girl she was the first time he had met her.

 

“Gahee-ssi, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you have gotten off of work already?”

 

“Y-yes but… I’m a bit afraid to g-go home.” she says, not sure how to explain what is going on without freaking him out.

 

Immediately feeling alerted by her words, he grabs her by her shoulders and pulls her closer to do a throughout body inspection.

 

“Why? Did anything happen? Are you okay?

As the heat starts to reach her face, leaving her with a madly deep red blush, she tries to collect the words that were stuck inside .

 

“N-no, no! It’s nothing too bad. I’m alright… It’s just..-”

 

Her words making Luhan pause and look up, expectantly waiting for her to continue and explain the situation.

 

“Remember when we had our cats hang out?” she slowly approaches and continues when she confused nod from the man in front of her.

 

“Remember how… a couple times.. we caught them in an innappropriate position?” she says, clearing with every words, hoping that he would remember that awfully awkward moment so she won’t be needing to explain it in detail.

 

Thankfully he understands and slowly nods for her to keep going.

 

“My cat.. She- I- I thought she was just fat! You know! Sh-she had always been on the chubby side so I didn’t suspect anything when.. when she started gaining more weight a couple months ago.. But.. She was pregnant! She gave birth today when I was at work. My house is filled with newborn kitties… Th-the only other cat she had been in contact with for the past few months was you cat.. so he’s the father. Please.. Just come- come and take them.” she says with pleading eyes.

 

For a few seconds, Luhan just stood there with his mouth hanging open, trying to process what he had just heard. When he finally managed to somehow make sense of the situation, he places a hand on Gahee’s waist and hurriedly guides her towards the exit.

 

The blush from earlier that had finally started to cool down, makes it’s way back from her neck to her face as she follows him to his car.


The car ride was slightly awkward but mostly entertaining for Gahee as she just watched Luhan mumbling to himself as he tried to figure out what to do and occasionally cursing his cat in chinese.

 

Once the pair was inside of Gahee’s apartment flat, Luhan once again went silent while staring at the six kitties curled up against their mother's chest as Gahee tried to quickly clean up the mess she had made this morning.

 

Chuckling at her embarrassed figure, he brings up one hand and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

 

“I’m sorry, Gahee-ssi. I thought I had taught my son better..”

 

“I thought about it and... since they are just born, they should stay with their mother at first..”

 

“Ung. That’s right.” Gehee silently nodded in agreement.

 

“But I’m not going to leave all the responsibility to you!” he quickly adds.

 

“Your cat can stay over at my place a few times a week in this period so you won't be too burdened! I would keep her over at my house for this whole while but I’m sure both you and her would prefer to have each other around..”

 

“No, no!.” she suddenly says, making Luhan look up in confusion.

 

“Now that I think about it, it’s not really a burden. It is my responsibility as well… since she is my daughter.. And I guess they are my grandkids.” she mumbles.

 

“Yeah. Our grandkids. I guess we are a family now.” Luhan say, laughing.

 

“Yeah. A family.”

 

For some reason, she really liked the sound of that.

And so did he.