-- the letter --

Sad Wind

Here's the letter Doyoung had written for Jaehyun. Sorry for this being too mushy. ;;

 

Jaehyun,

They say that the ice cream is best eaten when it’s freezing cold. You can feel the coolness of it, as it melts in your mouth, soothing your body after a hot and tiring day. You cannot enjoy eating the ice cream if it’s melted already. It becomes sticky, too wet and uncomfortable to swallow.

For years, I thought I could keep the relationship until the end of time. I thought that you are just entering a phase, an experimental stage in your life. I tried to understand everything, even if Yuta keeps on smacking my head because I was too martyr-like, according to him.

I just don’t want you to leave me, Jaehyun. I don’t have a family now. My family would rather eat rats for lunch than accept me back. I don’t have much in life, so that’s why I shrugged everything and tolerated whatever you do. Even if it breaks my heart, I just swallow it all, gulping everything. Even if it’s too bitter for me to swallow, I stomach it. I do that because I love you, and I can accept everything because I love you.

Jaehyun, I’m very sorry for not being a good boyfriend to you. I have a lot of inconsistencies, and I know I lack in several things. I cannot give you what you wanted, so it’s fine if you have found it in someone else’s. It’s normal for us humans to look for better options, and I understand that. Like what I told Yuta, you don’t do things without a rational and logical reason. I’m very sorry because you don’t deserve a lacking person like me in your life.

People say, if you really love someone, you should set them free. So far, I know you’re just hiding it, but our relationship has grown uncomfortable for both of us now. The love that we had before, when we were in our early stages has grown cold already. It has become too overwhelming for both of us.

I don’t blame you for that. I know you tried. I know you did your best. It’s just that, our best turned out to be not good enough.

People say that change is the only thing permanent in this planet. I quite agree with that. Your love might have grown cold, but mine hasn’t. I still love you, Jung Jaehyun, and that won’t change a bit.

I’m doing this because I love you. I hope you understand it all.

I’m letting you go now, because I love you. I am now setting you free because I love you.

I don’t know, if in our next lives, we would still end up together. But I know, for sure, that my love will still be for you.

Thank you very much for everything, Jaehyun. I love you until my last breath. I’m sorry for everything.

Live your life well, and see you in our next lives? I’ll be a rabbit! Till we meet again.

 

Always and forever,

Doyoung