When Two Hearts Are Broken

When Two Hearts Are Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

If kindness never existed, Jungkook wouldn't be staring at Taehyung across the classroom, his eyes melting at the sight of Taehyung's bright square smile. Taehyung was known to be an unexceptionally kind person who wouldn't fail to donate every sum of his money to charity - even if it was from his school allowance. Jungkook had known Taehyung since they were little, he had seen all the kind deeds Taehyung portrayed to the community. Even during public holidays, Taehyung would ask Jungkook to volunteer in an old folks home with him.

Yet most youngsters would just spend their time at home or go out with their friends, Taehyung was especially very different. He was that star in the night sky Jungkook loves to admire, he was that flower in his garden he loves to appreciate. Taehyung was everything that Jungkook loves, and as lovely as it sounds, Jungkook was the same to Taehyung too. 

Taehyung had fallen in love with Jungkook like how an angel would fall from the sky - like how Lili petals would float in the air and reach the concrete ground. It was like a blessing Cupid has made to form the most perfect match. Taehyung knew better; they were made for each other. Taehyung loves the warm touch Jungkook would give him during cold rainy days, or his loveliest voice that would sing him to sleep. The days of happiness filled with love that had never failed to grow each day. 

As crazy as it sounds, they weren't dating and neither had they realized their feelings for each other. Not until came a week before Valentines day, when the sun was up and the first thought that came to Jungkook's mind was to ask Taehyung out. He was afraid to get rejected during the day itself, so he figured asking him a week before would help to give him a better view of what it would be like. 

That morning when the birds were chirping to hunt for food, Jungkook was already in his casual outfit. He had asked Taehyung to meet him at a bubbletea cafe, as known as, their hangout place. 

As soon as Taehyung received the message, he was officially the happiest guy alive. He rushed into the bathroom, took a nice shower and went straight up to decide on what to wear. Jungkook had asked him to hang out many times, but each time he did so, it was like Taehyung's first time. The excitement and happiness never went down. The moment Taehyung reached the said cafe, his eyes landed on Jungkook who was scrolling through his phone while taking a sip at his Chocolate Milk Tea. His lips then carved the brightest smile, even brighter than the morning sun above. 

Taehyung entered the cafe, settled down in front of him before grabbing the bubble tea Jungkook had bought for him. They were really close with each other, so buying each other drinks became a pretty common thing to do. "What's up?" 

"Movies." 

"Cool. What time is it going to start?" 

"No," Jungkook stopped him from talking before leaning his back against the chair. He wasn't really sure if he should confess that he wanted to go out with Taehyung as a true date. "I mean, like, you know, on 14th February. There are many good movies and I was asking if you dont have any valentine you can..,"

"Of course!" Taehyung cut him off, happiness couldn't go any higher, "You mean like," He wanted to sound as if he was joking but in all honesty, he was not. "Like a date? With me?" 

Jungkook was glad that Taehyung didn't find it awkward. "Yes, can I," He finally had the courage, "have you as my date on Valentine's Day?" 

Many dreamy scenarios started to zoom inside Taehyung's head, and he was very contented at that point of moment. Taehyung nodded his head, his fingers shaking, and he was sligntly nervous. "Since you made that confession, can I confess something too?" He looked up at the ceiling and curled his toes before averting his gaze back at Jungkook whose eyebrow only raised, signalling to go on with the confession. 

"I like you." 

 

Both of them then knew, it was finally the next stage of their relationship. 

 

One week passed really slowly. Taehyung had been dying for Valentine's Day, he couldn't wait to spend his day with Jungkook. Not only that, but spending his day as Jungkook's date was enough to make his heart skip a beat. When Taehyung heard the knocking of the door, he immediately stood up but sat back down when he knew the person had already opened the door. 

His friend walked into the room with two cans of drink in his hands. "How's everything going?" 

"Pretty perfect, Yoongi. I cannot wait for the day to come, can't you see i'm really shaking in excitement?" Taehyung smiled, and expressed his emotions by curling himself into a ball on the bean couch he was sitting on. "What if he kisses me on that day?" 

Yoongi snorted at his behavior, "Go and have a drink. I bought coke."

"Even coke cannot express the happiness inside my heart."

"Now, are you trying to be like Namjoon?" Yoongi questioned. Namjoon is one of their friends who would normally act really emotional and poetic. "Have a drink." 

"I'm going to the washroom first!" Taehyung sat up before walking to the bathroom connected to his room. When he was in the bathroom, he heard his cellphone's message notification. "Oh? Yoongi, can you tell me who sent me that message?" 

 

"It's a spam message. I get this everytime." 

Taehyung groaned. He wished Jungkook would give him a text at least. Taehyung didn't want to be the first one to start the conversation, because he didn't want to look like he was trying too hard. Well, he knew he shouldn't fret because Valentine's day was going to be in two day's time. 

The next day came, Taehyung dived in his uniform and took the bus to school. When he made it into the school entrance, he noticed that Jungkook had walked pass him without saying anything. The brunette immediately walked over to him. "Morning." 

Jungkook looked at him. Taehyung figured he was tired because the facial expression in his face didn't look quite happy. "Morning." He replied back, and looked over to his friends from the side who was calling out for him. "Bye." 

Taehyung sure as hell was confused to why Jungkook was acting that way. He felt hurt inside him, but at least they were going to go out during Valentine's Day, right? Things were going to be back to normal. Maybe Jungkook was having his usual bad day and didn't want to talk to Taehyung for a bit. Maybe he just needed space. 

Taehyung sighed and covered his mind with positive thoughts like how he normally would. Later in that day, Jungkook even declined of sitting with him for lunch because he wanted to go with his friends. And Taehyung agreed to it, he was then eating alone - Well not exactly, Yoongi was there. 

"Sorry to tell you this but," Yoongi placed down his spoon and crossed his arms, "Jungkook talked to me earlier this morning, telling me that he had cancelled the Valentine's Day plan. He didn't know how to break the news to you, therefore he asked me to pass the message."

It felt like thousands of nails had punctured into Taehyung's heart when he heard that. He had foolishly lost his sleep because of excitement; he couldn't have a night of peaceful sleep knowing that he was going to have a date with someone he loves. Taehyung then recalled back Jungkook's behavior and attitude, and honestly, he wondered if he did him wrong. He was absolutely disappointed and not to mention, confused.

The boy then didn't have any appetite to finish his meal. He shifted his plate towards Yoongi's direction and said, his voice sounding completely down, "You can have it. I'm full." He stood up and made his way towards Jungkook's table. 

Jungkook was the quietest person there, looking down at his plate as he consumed his meal. Beside him, a boy named Jimin, noticed Taehyung coming to their direction. "It's him." 

Jungkook didn't bother to give Taehyung a glance. "I know." 

However, Taehyung couldn't take anymore steps. He decided to confront Jungkook privately later that day. When Taehyung turned to leave, he heard Jungkook say to Jimin and the others.

"I'm just not in the mood to talk to him today." 

Taehyung's heart clenched. Then, why must it be to the extent of cancelling their most awaited Valentine's day? He really couldn't understand. After hearing that hurtful sentence, Taehyung made his decision not to talk to Jungkook for the time being. 

 

 

The moon replaced the position of the sun that had already set. Under the dark, starless sky, stood Taehyung who was leaning against the railing of the Han River bridge. The air was chilly and it felt like he was releasing his stress. His eyes slowly closed, and shot wide opened when he

Please log in to read the full chapter