The 2nd Star Assassin

Underneath the Moon

“I can’t!! I can’t do it!!!” Seohyun cried as she buried her face on her pillow. She started to punch it and then she stood up and threw lots of punches on the wall. Chanyeol, who happened to be passing by her room, heard her and he immediately went inside.

“Yaahhh!!!! Seohyun!!!!” He hugged her from behind and dragged her away from the wall. ”Let go of me!!!” Seohyun yelled and high-kicked Chanyeol making him fall down on the floor. She gasped when she realized what she’s done. “Chanyeol!! I’m sorry!!!” But Chanyeol was completely knocked off.

“Chanyeol!! What happened??!!” Baekhyun came to the rescue and helped Seohyun put him on her bed.

After 3 hours, Chanyeol finally woke up. He groaned and touched the painful spot.

“Chanyeol-ahh!!! You okay??!!” Seohyun asked.

“What do you think??!!” Chanyeol glared at her.

“Okay calm down you two.” Baekhyun pacified them and Seohyun begged for forgiveness. Chanyeol just rolled his eyes. It was his way of forgiving.

“How was your mission? We all failed again.” Baekhyun smacked the pillow beside him. “I also failed.” Seohyun answered seriously.

“Quite obvious you know.” Chanyeol told her.

“Chanyeol didn’t you say you want to do this for me?” Seohyun asked.

“Yes. Why?”

“Let’s exchange targets. I don’t like the prince.”

“Hyunie you don’t need to like your target. Just kill him.” Baekhyun giggled a bit.

“That’s the problem! I can’t! And I feel so weak when he’s around.” Seohyun remembered how she trembled when she was with him.

“Okay. Let’s tell the council.” Chanyeol tried to sound impassive but Baekhyun and Seohyun felt his concern.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Seohyun you don’t have to feel that way. You’re not weak.” The head of the council reassured the crying girl. She tried hard to keep a brave and strong look in front of the council but ended up shedding all of it when the council stood from their seats and hugged her.

Seohyun shook her head. “Still, I can’t handle that mission anymore. He knows that I’m a girl without even seeing my face or hearing my voice. If he can see me easily, that only means that he can also easily read my every action. I accept that I’m still unprepared and I’m willing to give up my star and go to meditation with Wu Yifan sunbae.” Seohyun sobbed afterwards. Baekhyun and Chanyeol stood at her back and eyed each other worriedly.

“Wu Yifan didn’t succeed in killing the prince but that doesn’t mean he does not deserve his star. Think about it, only the two of you are able to almost kill him. The other assassins from other castes never even had a chance to harm him. And with that, we’re so proud of you.” Another councilor who was a stout lady said.

“But still I want Chanyeol or Baekhyun to finish what I started. And I will go to Europe to have my meditation with Yifan sunbae. I want to regain my confidence back.” Seohyun firmly stated.

“We’re so sad that we’re letting you go although not forever. We really felt the loss of Kris and now it’s happening again with you but we can’t stop you. We’re giving you our blessings Seohyun.”

And with that the councilors hugged her and appointed her unfinished mission to Chanyeol who postponed his mission to focus on the new assignment.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

After one week

Chanyeol groaned as he opened his eyes. He slowly sat up and realized that he was back in his room. What happened? Suddenly, he remembered his encounter with the doe-eyed prince.

*Flashback*

Aim for the heart. Aim for the heart. He reminded himself again and again. He must only hit the heart nothing more. But his sweat was coming out profusely soaking his black uniform. Seohyun said he is witty. Any time, he could counter back without warning. Aaaiiissshh!!! Now I’m panicking!

Luhan was standing on the balcony with his back facing the forest. Chanyeol climbed to the balcony silently as he was trained. When he was finally standing behind Luhan, he held out a syringe. He planned to sedate him first before killing him. He walked slowly and observed Luhan closely to see if he made any other actions that would stop him from executing his plan. But Luhan just stood their sighing and sighing. Chanyeol smirked. This will be easy. He swiftly swung his hand that was holding the syringe like he was about to stab him with it. But he was shocked when Luhan swiftly turned around and twisted his arm. Aaahhhhh!!!!  He yelped.

Luhan smirked. “And you can’t even control your voice. How can you possibly kill me when you can’t even follow your own rules?” Luhan said impassively.

“I want her back here.”

“She passed it to me already.”

He took the syringe from Chanyeol and stuck it on his back. “Now run before my guards see you.”

Chanyeol ran as fast as he could and fainted just when he reached the gate of their compound.

*End of flashback*

“Impossible.” He managed to utter. He couldn’t believe he wasn’t even able to fight back.  He heard the door opened and saw Seohyun entering with a worried look.

“Chanyeol I’m sorry.” Chanyeol quickly shook his head and thought I really can’t compare myself to Seohyun.

After having a short conversation, Chanyeol dismissed Seohyun as her flight was in the following day.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry it's boring. hahaha. But Luhan misses someone.