The Royal Assassins

Underneath the Moon

Seohyun angrily threw her blood-soaked mask and uniform in the waste basket. She went to her mirror and eyed her face. It was covered with blood especially area. Suddenly, the happenings replayed in her mind and she kicked the drawer below the mirror out of frustration and confusion. Why did he kiss me?!

‘You know you’re too beautiful to be an assassin.’ His words won’t get out of her mind that she kicked the drawer once more. Does he know I’m a girl?! Can’t be. The council didn’t tell anyone about my existence in the rank of royal assassins!

“Wow Seo I didn’t know you have that body!” Seohyun jumped on her place as she heard him talk out of nowhere. “Baekhyun??! What the hell are you doing here??!!” She yelled while covering her body with her hands. She was only wearing her bod-hugging white under shirt and shorts. “Vising the 1st starred friend of mine.” Baekhyun smiled while sitting on her bed.

Baekhyun and Seohyun are part of the Royal Assassins which is comprised of the first ten graduates who garnered the highest points from every batch. Only they are allowed to kill Royals who are reported to be born with a bad blood. Seohyun is a 1st star while Baekhyun is a 3rd star.

“Get out!” She spat while reddening in embarrassment. “Seo you don’t have to hide anything from me. We spent the last ten years training together you know.” Seohyun glared at the smirking guy. “Stop that or I’ll kill you. What is it that you really want from me?” She asked now forgetting her embarrassment and placing her hands on her hips. “I just came to ask you about your assignment? Did you kill him?” Baekhyun asked and furrowed his eyebrows when she didn’t reply. “Seo?” Seohyun jerked at his question. “What?” “I was asking you. Did you kill him? But seeing the blood on your face and neck I’m guessing you did. Am I right?”

Seohyun sighed and fell on her bed beside Baekhyun who was still sitting at the side. “I thought I did. But the jerk’s still alive. He was even able to- Seohyun stopped before she mentions anything about the kiss. “He was able to?” “He was even able to call his guards.” Seohyun lied.

“I’m really curious about the crown prince already. Last year’s 1st star also failed to kill him.” Baekhyun crossed his arms over his chest. “And Kris hyung was like totally the perfect assassin.” He added and Seohyun nodded. After a moment of silence, Baekhyun once again spoke. “I also came here to say sorry for Chanyeol. You know that guy, he’s just mad that he finished 2nd star. But you know he’s proud of you right?” Seohyun nodded. Well, Chanyeol was always that prideful friend of her and Baekhyun. “That tall elf! If he wasn’t my friend, I tell you he won’t even have gotten his first assignment.” Seohyun and Baekhyun laughed but then she grimaced and let out a frustrated cry.

“How will I explain this to the council?!! Huhuhuhu!!” She cried. “Don’t be too hard on yourself, I also failed to kill the crown prince of BTS, Damn I almost got that Jin.” Seohyun abruptly sat and glanced at her friend. “You also failed??!!” Baekhyun nodded before saying, “It’s not only us that failed Seohyun, everyone from the honor roll. So don’t be too hard on yourself.” Seohyun gaped. “We’re the most disappointing batch ever.” They both grimaced at each other.