Limerence

Cafuné

 “Taehyung~” Daehyun skirted around the younger boy, cutting him off before he could step into the local grocery shop. “Mind if I ask you a quick question?”

“You just did, but sure.”

“What's the deal with Jongup?”

Taehyung blinked. “Well, I guess he's kind of short so...”

Daehyun frowned a little. “What kind of answer is that?”

“What are you asking?”

Daehyun sighed and crossed his arms. “I want to know why he keeps brushing me off. I'm not even trying to be subtle with him and he's playing it all off like I'm just joking around. Every time I suggest we date he says I'm being weird. I don't get it. We get along, and I'm handsome, and there's no way he's straight – so what's the deal?”

“Have you tried actually asking him out?” Taehyung tilted his head a little.

“Um... No, not really, but-”

“Just ask him out then. The worst that happens is he says no.”

Daehyn huffed and ran a hand through his hair.

“Listen, Jackson recently won a major fencing tournament and he's throwing a house party to celebrate. Ask Jongup to go with you to that – he's always up for dancing and alcohol. Talk to him then.”

“Will it work?”

“He'll be more open with you. It's just because he's still sort of shy around you.”

Daehyun grinned. “Ah! Thank you so much.”

“I wish you all the luck, so please let me buy my pot noodles now.”

Daehyun stood aside and the younger boy walked into the grocery store, waving him goodbye. He waited a moment, trying to decide what to do next, before pulling his phone out and slowly making his way home. He tapped out a message to Jongup, inviting him to the party, and prayed he'd get a good response.

 

 

Jongup's mouth tasted like greasy fast food and very strong alcohol, as Daehyun discovered hours into the evening of the party, his hands on Jongup's sides and Jongups hands in his hair.

They'd arrived at a decent time and started drinking immediately. The music was loud and everyone as in a good mood. Jackson had greeted them heartily before disappearing as more people showed up.

Jongup had found the room where everyone was dancing in moments and Daehyun had followed, sliding into the crowd beside him. Daehyun had never considered himself the best of dancers, but Jongup didn't seem to mind. A few drinks later their bodies were close, brushing against each other and eyes meeting more than once. A few more and Jongup's hands were on Daehyun's hips, leading their movements, their foreheads nearly pressed together.

The music had been loud, the world around them hazy, everything hot and slightly sticky. Their faces had been close, breath mingling, and Daehyun had asked if Jongup would date him. Or he thought he had, he wasn't entirely sure what he'd actually said. He might have just as Jongup to kiss him, because that's what the younger boy did immediately after.

It was hot, messy and badly coordinated and definitely a drunk kiss, but it was good as far as Daehyun cared. He shifted to get a better grip on the dancer's torso and started to push him out of the room, their lips still bumping together sloppily, and towards the bathroom. Jongup stumbled on the way, moving backwards and clearly a little bit confused.

Daehyun dropped his hands down to the dancer's belt.

There was a moment where Jongup slowed and stopped moving, and Daehyun was still trying to push him onwards with his fingers drunkenly trying to work out the belt buckle, before the younger pulled away with a startled noise. Daehyun blinked, and suddenly filled with dread as he saw Jongup's frightened expression.

“Oh- - I'm sorry, I didn't think- I should've asked, I' just assumed-”

“I need to go.” Jongup looked away and stepped around Daehyun, swaying dangerously.

“Wait! Please wait, I didn't mean to rush you, we can just go back to kissing or-” He grabbed at Jongup's arm, fingers scraping at the muscle as he tried not to fall over.

“No. I'm sorry, I have to go...” Jongup unsteadily plied Daehyun's fingers off his arm and staggered to the door, leaving the older boy behind.

“,” Daehyun grumbled to himself. That was exactly how he felt. Like .