Chapter 1

Come to Realize
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Come to Realize

Chapter 1

 

 

 

Jinwoo doesn’t know what he have to do here. 

He’s alone in this club -even there a lot  of people dancing and drinking but he doesn’t know them. He actually came with Seunghoon to this club. Seunghoon just came back from his work as resident in hospital at another city and promised to meet Jinwoo but his friend also ask him to meet here. So Seunghoon ask him if he would like to accompany and he said yes without hesitation. Seunghoon said his friends want to talk about their launching event for their new product's design and they don't have another time except this night. He ask Jinwoo to join their table but he decline and said he’ll just wait him drinking in the bar. He feels kinda awkward to join them, he doesn’t understand business at all.

Unfortunately for Jinwoo, there’s a birthday party in the Club, so it’ kinda crazy that night. More than how an  usual crazy club Jinwoo’s ever visit. And Jinwoo hate crowded place. Especially when he feels out of place. Jinwoo take his 4th drink in one shot, he start feeling dizzy. He glancing over his shoulder, start examining the atmosphere in the club. DJ taking over the party and the crowd yelled louder, the fast beat of music made them dance aggresively, bodies start to move and pressed to each other and dont forget about make out session that also became wilder. 

Jinwoo sigh deeply and glance at his empty glass. He two of his shirt as he feels hot and suffocated there. It’s just thirty minutes since Seunghoon left and he cant stand it anymore, a place like this was so no no for Jinwoo. But he can’t left Seunghoon since he came with him and they haven’t had a chat properly. 

Jinwoo just order another drink when he feels someone sit besides him. He take a glimpse and then a good looking guy, with a well build body in all black give him smile. He wear a shirt with low collar behind his suit and a tattoo peeked on his left chest. Without realizing, Jinwoo keep staring at the stranger and the stranger already staring at him since beginning. 

The stranger chuckled and ask, “Are you Zico friend? Why you alone here?”

Jinwoo strartled and reply, “Who? Zico? Sorry, i don’t know him.”

“Aaahh. No wonder i’m not familiar with your face.” He smile. Jinwoo dont give another reply. Jinwoo was panic inside, no one ever approach him in a place like this. it frightening him. Jinwoo’s not good with stranger, espesially a hot-good looking guy -stranger. Then the bartender give him his drink and he take it in another one shot.

“Wow! Chill man, i mean no harm.” He laugh and rubbed Jinwoo’s back when he cough suddenly. “I just tought if Zico abandon you because.. you know, he had a lot of friend and maybe he had no time to greet you. You look lonely and sulky so i think i should accompany you before Zico come.”

“I’m okay!” Jinwoo shout so the stranger could hear his voice. “I’m not part of his party, i’m just another visitor. But thanks for your concern!”

“Hahahahh no doubt, I would know immidiately if my bestfriend had a handsome friends like you! He would brag it for days!”

“Hahahahh...” Jinwoo just laugh awkwardly and didn’t know how to react. He look at his glass and play with his finger.

“I’m Mino by the way. Who’s your name?”

“Kim..” Jinwoo flustered, should he give his name to a stanger or not? But he looks like a good person. “Kim Jinwoo” then Jinwoo take the stranger hand.

“Then what are you doing here all alone Jinwoo-ssi?” the stranger whose name’s Mino pull his chair near Jinwoo and order another glass and a bottle of vodka. “it’s dangerous for a beauty like you to be alone in this kind of place.”

“I’m not alone. I came with someone.”

“So.. where’s your someone? Toilet?” Mino pour some drink into Jinwoo’s empty glass. “Your Girlfriend or your boyfriend?”

“Uuumm..” Jinwoo sip his drink. “He’s a boy so you could say boy friend.” 

“Boyfriend? So are you gay?” Mino casually ask.

“Wha What!?? No! He’s my friend whatta u talking bout?” and finished his drink in frustation.

Mino laugh hardly and pour another drink for Jinwoo, “I guess you know what i mean, boyfriend? or should we just said it lover? I’m just asked so i know if you are single or not.” It's not smooth as i thought.

Mino lean his head with his hand on the bar, looking at Jinwoo’s blushed face. Jinwoo lowering his head and keep playing with his glass. 

Mino put his hand on Jinwoo’s hand and make him flinched. He smile naughtily and ask “Do you want to dance?” 

Jinwoo freaked out, no one actually dance there. Almost all of them turn dance into make out session.

“N n nooo! Thanks, it’s not necessary.” Jinwoo take his hand and pour another drink. “i’m waiting my friend. Hoon will be worried.”

“Well.. so you actually love this friend of yours?” Mino keep teasing him, his expression is so cute. Mino can’t restrain not to tease the man in front of him.

“What are you talking bout!? Why you keep talking nonsense!!?” Jinwoo shout frustratingly with red cheek that could be seen even in dim light.

“Oh My God Jinwoo!! I can’t believe you! Hahahahahh!!” again, Mino laugh histerically. Jinwoo felt like he had embarrassing himself. He palming his face to hide his embbarassment. 

Mino pinched his cheek and say, “You are not just prettily handsome, but also stupid and naive. How could you survive in this cruel world honey?”

Jinwoo snap his hand. He can’t think properly anymore, he can feel his face burned and his head became dizzier. “Perhaps Mino-ssi.. Are you flirting me right now?”

“Why you have to ask Jinwoo yaa? Of course i am!” 

Jinwoo just hope Seunghoon would finished his meeting soon so he could go away from this man. He keep drinking so he can avoid Mino question or he will just laugh as his reply. But Mino was stubborn. He has thousands question and topic in his head, such a professional seducer, Jinwoo thought.

Jinwoo was tired, ha can’t give respond anymore to Mino. He rest his head on bar when he feels Mino hand on his shoulder. He take Mino’s hand off and say, “ Don’t you dare to touch me. I’m not into stranger,” he said weakly.

“Do i have be your friend first so you allow me to flirt with you? Don’t need to act such a lady hon~” Mino can’t hold his laugh. The man in front of him is hella cute. Damn it! he never feel so attracted to a man.

But Jinwoo don’t answer, he just murmur. He already drunk. But he still can sense Mino’s hand now in his . 

“Yaaaa~ i told you not to touch me and now you dare to touch my . You shamelessly assshole.” Jinwoo try to shout but he can just whisper. He pointed his finger into Mino’s face. He had no energy left to argue.

"Ahahahahh sorry! I just want to see your wallet.” Mino take his wallet, looking for a name card. “But you have a nice . Make me want to you.” He whisper into Jinwoo ear.

“Assshole!” Jinwoo murmur again. “You harrass me and now want to stole my money? I told you, i don’t bring much since hoon promise to treat me.” 

Mino don’t listen to Jinwoo. He busy looking at his wallet and take one name card. He also take a look at Jinwoo’s identity card. September 26th 1991.

“WTF! You are older than me!? I think you are just an university student,” Mino stare at the man in front of him in disbelief. Then he get more shock when he look at his name card. 

Kim Jin Woo – Pediatrician ?

“Oh My God....” How could? Oh man! His appearanced was deceiving. “Should i call you hyung? Doctor Kim?” Mino shake Jinwoo’s shoulder so he can get his attention but Jinwoo give no respon.

Then Mino feel something vibrate in Jinwoo’s pocket, someone call him. 

 

Incoming call from

Hoon ^^

 

“Hello?”

“Jinwoo hyung!! You are still here right? I’m sorry it took longer than i expected, it’s too crowded here and i can’t see you. Where are you? I’ll come.” The man across the phone sounds panic.

“Yes Jinwoo’s still here, we are at the bar in the right side near the birthday party.”

“Excuse me? Who are you? Why you pick his phone?”

Mino want to answer but Hoon immediately say, “Nevermind, i’ll go there. Please wait and don’t do something weird.”

“Uhm, okay.” And he hang up.

 

 

 

 

 

.
.

Mino keep staring at the beautiful face in front of him, he move some hair strands from Jinwoo face so he can take a better look. It’s not that Mino never see a handsome face, he himself was handsome AF. But there’s something that attracted him. Mino lost in his thought when he feels someone stand behind them.

That man shakes Jinwoo’s body softly. “Hyung! Hyung! Could you hear me?”

He’s tall and slim,  Mino had to tilt his head so he can see this man face. ‘He’s not bad, Jinwoo had a good taste.’ 

“Hey, sorry.. i think he passed out. He drink a lot since he had nothing to do. He even ignored my dance invitation.”

The man look at Mino and then back again to Jinwoo worryingly. “Hyung! Can you walk? Let’s go home.” But Jinwoo don’t even budge.

Seunghoon bend down and ask Mino to help him take Jinwoo on his shoulder.

“Thankyou.” Seunghoon said when make sure Jinwoo position is safe. Mino nod. “Sorry, but isn’t that Jinwoo’s phone?” Seunghoon asked when they wanna leave and Mino wave his hand as farewell. 

“Aaahh right. Sorry i forget, here it is. Take a good care of him Hoon!” 

Seunghoon look at him confusedly.

“uumm, so.. Jinwoo keep talking about his friend’s named hoon. How he willingly waiting for your meeting to end so he could talk with you.” Mino explained. He didn’t know why but he feels like Seunghoon stare’s kinda intimidating. “And i answered your call earlier and that’s what your name in Jinwoo contact!”

Seunghoon stare become soft, he take a glance at his hyung sleeping face. He feels guilty.

“Hmm. Okay then, thankyou so much for acccompanying my hyung.” Seunghoon smile as his eyes turn into a crescent moon and Mino reply with a thumbs up. 

Mino keep staring at them till they’re out of his sight. They is not that big, Jinwoo was born in 91 and Mino in 93, and since that man, hoon, call Jinwoo as hyung maybe he’s about 92 or 93 like him. But when Mino look at their appearance before and what he learn about Jinwoo as pediatrician and Hoon as (maybe) businessman, he feels a little bit shame. Here he is, partying with his friend and spend his parents money mindlessly.

‘But Jinwoo sure has a nice .’ He thought, remembering the sight when hoon pickaback him. Then go back to his friend’s party.

 

 

 

.
.

 

 Seunghoon put Jinwoo down in front seat and set his seatbelt carefully. He look at his hyung peaceful face and caressing his cheek before close the door and go to his seat. He feels guilty to left the man alone when he was the one who invited him. But he had no other choice with his hectic schedule. He glad there’s someone who want to accompanied his hyung, or maybe honestly he is not that glad.

Seunghoon take a deep breath and sigh.

Seunghoon is also a doctor. He meet Jinwoo when they studied together in Medical School. Jinwoo is 1 year older. He took 1 year to study until he accepted in Medical Faculty then he attend the same year with Seunghoon. Jinwoo is not that smart but he’s clever and hardworking.

Seunghoon actually didn’t want to be a doctor but he come from doctor family so he can’t do anything since he’s the only son. When he was younger he tried to rebelled but his father successfully proposed an agreement to him. He couldn’t hate his father since he raise him well and full of love, he just not into doctor idea. He love dancing and designing, so his father said he would support him financially if he want to made a business when he graduated from medical school. But he also warned him if Seunghoon should be considerate enough with his main job as a doctor. Become a doctor is not a joke when it related to human’s life. And Seunghoon 100% aware of it.

And that’s why Seunghoon have two jobs, doctor and businessman. He prefer to called himself as a brand designer but he’s not give that much contribution. He just give some ideas about their brand and designing some goods when he had time. So his friends said businessman is more suitable than brand designer since he acts as investor and also planner. It doesn’t really matter actually.

He want to blame his friends when they asked him to had a meeting that night. His friend said if they already proposed a rising group Block B to become their brand ambassador. And that night is Zico – the leader birthday, that’s why they had the meeting in that club so they could talk to manager and some member casually. And Seunghoon think if that’s not a bad idea and he shouldn’t getting mad.

 

 

 

.

.

 


They arrived at Seunghoon apartment. Seunghoon carried his hyung in bridal sytle since no one could help him to take Jinwoo into his back like in the club. Jinwoo shrugged as he feel the movement and instinctively wrapping his hands around Seunghoon neck. 

“Are you okay hyung?” the younger asked and Jinwoo gave no answer but an incoherent sound. “I bring you to my apartment. It’s okay right?” and again no answer.
They take a lift to 9th floor in no time. Seunghoon press the code and open the door easily.

“Hyung i think you lost weight. Why you so light?” He chuckled then silent. “You should take care of your self, at least you should eat and sleep regularly.” The later said softly.

He feel something caressing his feet, Seunghoon look down and greet his bestfriend, “Anyooong Haute~ Let me put Jinwoo hyung first okay? Then i’ll feed you.”

 

 

.
.
The next morning Jinwoo was woken up when the sunrays come through the glass window. He cover his face with blanket to avoid dazzle and wriggling in bed. He take another 5 minutes until he fully wake up.

He walk into bathroom and wash his face then realized if he’s not wear the same shirt he used last night. It’s Seunghoon oversized shirt. He raised his hand till his shoulder and whirling his body as he looks at his reflection in the mirror. ‘Why i look so tiny in this shirt?’ he raised his eyebrow.

“Hoon?” he goes to the living room but no one there. And Seunghoon is nowhere to be found. 

He take his phone and start dialing.

It’s just 8 AM and Seunghoon can’t be leaving already -if he ever had a plan to leave.

“Good Morning hyung~” A cheerful voice answering his call. 

“Yaaa! Lee Seunghoon where are you!?” Jinwoo raise his voice so Seunghoon know if he feels annoyed.

“I’m downstair hyung. I going to buy coffee and breakfast. Do you feel hangover? Should i buy some medicine?” 

“I’m okay, i think i’m perfetly sober and fine.” He feel relieved, this brat’s schedule sometimes can be unbelievably annoying.

“Okay hyung just wait a little bit, i’ll go upstair.”

“Hmmm...” he end the call.

Jinwoo sit in the couch and turn on the TV, he keep changing channel until he found something that suit his taste. But nothing catch his attention.

“Huuuufff,” He sigh, “ No one broadcast drama in the morning.” Then he stop in one music channel, a sweet melody start entertaint his ears- even just for a short time.

Meorironeun algenneunde 
I know with my head
nae gaseumi neol nochi mothae
But my heart won’t let you go
nae modeun ge muneojyeodo
Even though everything collapses
nan nega joha
I like you
beoriryeo haebwado
Even though I want to throw away
ijeuryeo haebwado
Even though I want to forget
nan nega joha
I like you
nega joteora
I like you

 


‘Whooaahh.. this song is so sad..’ He thought as he close his eyes. Then the music change into another song. ‘Damn what’s that song title?’

He browse on internet relying on some lyric he remember. 

 

I’m Young – Nam Taehyun

 

Jinwoo open his youtube and search that song. Fortunately it’s has Music Video and Jinwoo touch  the play button  enthusiastically.

The MV showed a handsome blonde man driving his car in a beautiful city and put his ring on his ring finger. Then there’s a woman talk in a language that Jinwoo didn’t know, the man come into her apartment bringing a flower bouquet. 

He watch attentively, until..

“Whoowowoaaa!! What’s this??” Jinwoo covering his mouth in disbelief when the scene turn into a flashback when the couple kissing – kissing  and kissing and end together (still covered with blanked actually). 

‘Artist nowdays is so bold.’

And Jinwoo back focusing on the MV. 

He watch every scene without blink. He feel the sadness more while watching the MV. It looks like the woman abandon the man because he cant become a succesful musician. ‘Yeah, reality is ’.

Jinwoo start swearing when the scene show the blonde man saw the woman with another man. “Oh my! How could her!!” his eyes become wider in disbelief.

Then the scene turn another one where Nam Taehyun come again to the woman’s apartment and start convincing her (maybe) to come back to him. They start kissing eventhough the woman return his kiss doubtfully and start shedding tears. 

Jinwoo couldn’t utter any words as he see the woman’s new boyfriend also come to the house. ‘Holy! Will he cought them?’ he tought as he see the man enter the room. “Why this MV so nervewrecking??”

The man give a hug and peck for the woman, he looks happy. But behind the closet, Nam Taehyun watch everything. He watch the woman he loved  being touched by another man in front of his eyes. He watch everything in silent, but then a dog come and sense his presence. The man want to check but the woman stopped him. She tugged the man as she sit on the bed and the man kiss her again. He kissed her lip and her stomach. And behind the closet’s door, nam Taehyun shedding his tears..

‘Oh my God... Is she pregnant? But whose child is it?'

Jinwoo throw his phone, he start growling and messed his hair in frustation. It’s like a movie. A sad and broken hearted one. It’s even better in delivering the emotion than some movie. The combination  from MV and sorrowful melody blended so beautifully and sadly.

“Hyung i just heard you say you were perfetly fine and perfectly sober but what about this fuss now?” Seunghoon asked jokingly from the kitchen. He saw his hyung changed emotion from awe, sad and angry and he found it amusing. Of course his adorable hyung never dissapointing. He even didn’t realized Seunghoon come, open the door and walk into kitchen to put his groceries.

Jinwoo back to his sense when he hear Seunghoon voice. “Aaaahh...” He don’t know what to said. He scratched his hair in awkwardness and approach Seunghoon.
“What do you watched? Is it fun?” Seunghoon offer some sandwich. 

“Hhmm.. just an amazing Music Video.” Jinwoo take a bite. “Delicious as always.” He give a wide smile to the younger.

Seunghoon chuckled at his hyung. “You sure have a cheap taste hyung.”

“But it’s true! How could i survived if the food from convenient store isn’t delicious? My life will be !”

“Geeezz i told you to take a proper meal hyung. You should not often buy food there, why you so stubborn you are a doctor yourself.” He start nagging. Jinwoo just giggled innocently and swaying his hand, give sign to hoon to stop. 

“I know hoon-ah.. but it’s better than eat nothing, you know sometimes i had no time and no friends to eat.”

The younger stared at Jinwoo worryingly. “I’m sorry hyung. I’ll try to finish everything and return in no time.”

“Nononoo.. hoon don’t.” Jinwoo narrowing his eyes. “You shouldn’t do that if the reason is me. If they still need you, you should stay.”

“Of course not hyung! I’m still in my right mind.” Seunghoon answer proudly. He’s still busy munching his sandwich. He slurp his coffee and continue. “I had finished my job there. And they already have my replacement so it’s totally okay. Besides it’s actually the time for me to come back. And i had so much waiting list to do in seoul.”

“Then it give no difference. You’ll be still busy as hell and had no time for me.” He grumble. “Then i’ll continuing become a regular customer at convenient store.” He pout and turn his head against Seunghoon.

Seunghoon reached out his hand accross the table and pinched Jinwoo’s cheeck “how old are you? Fifteen?” he laughed.

“Yaaaaahhh!!” Jinwoo slapped the boy hand mercilessly till Seunghoon take his hand and ruffled Jinwoo’s hair quickly. “Yaa! This kid! I’m still older than you, you know? You should not touch older peoples head.” Jinwoo busy tidied his hair back when he feel hands cupped his head. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter