Final

Red Coincident
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Baekhyun was whistling his favourite song as he drove his way to work with his best friend, Luhan. He glanced at the car mirror to look at his own reflection. His hair was in a flaring red colour. Luhan, his sweet friend named Luhan, managed to dye Baekhyun's hair in red when they both were drunk last night. He chuckled while pushing his hair back. 'I look handsome in red,' Baekhyun mentally praised himself.

 

 

A sudden throbbed on his heart made him wince. 'My soulmate must be so mad right now, I can feel his anger burning my heart,'


 

Glancing at Luhan that was sitting beside him, Baekhyun smiled. "Luhan, stop sulking, that's karma my friend, you should be happy that I'm not going to strangle you to death because you dye my hair red. I thought I saw a new Pokemon species when I looked at myself in the mirror this morning," Baekhyun snickered, rolling his eyes at Luhan.


 

"You should be happy you look like hot Pokemon, I look like broccoli Baek, my hair is green! I almost faint when I saw my hair colour this morning! Seriously, who would dye his hair in green? It's green Baek!" Luhan yelled while pinching his temple, taking a sharp intake of breath, he continued to ramble.


 

"Today is my first day at work Baek. What if my boss doesn't like to eat broccoli? What if he hates it?" The nasty thought made him shriek.


 

Baekhyun shrugged, "Nah, CEO Sehun is a very good person, although sometimes he likes to troll people, he eats every type of vegetables! Broccoli is his favourite! You should be fine being his personal assistant," he smiled while patting Luhan's thigh.


 

Huffing, Luhan pushed his broccoli hair back. "Why don't I feel happy with your calming words Baek?" he sighed, lips pursed into a thin line. Baekhyun’s cool attitude was pissing him off.


 

"We shouldn't be worried, there's only 1% chance that we might bump into our soulmates, so smile Luhan!" Baekhyun chuckled.


 

In the world where soulmates were linked by hair colour, their decision, or not so much, to dye their hair was considered bold. People rarely change the colour of their hair because it would affect their soulmate’s too.

 

 

Imagined if you already had someone that you loved, then you decided to dye your hair but when you did it, your lover hair colour wouldn’t change to the same colour. That would be awkward, knowing that he or she was not your soulmate. For some people, the soulmate hair colour thing was a blessing but for others it was a curse.


 

If the pair happened to find each other, they would automatically be bounded. The hair colour wouldn't change to its original colour until both of them have settled down their feeling. The colour would fade if they achieve a certain agreement with their hearts. The agreement could be done in a second or it may take up to 5 days. On the sixth day their hair colour would change to its original colour.

 

 

The soulmates that were bounded could actually feel every wave of emotion that was running through each other hearts. Right now, Baekhyun felt hot and mad. He was pretty sure that his or her other half was cursing at him right now.

 

 

---

 

Chanyeol was mad. He couldn't stop cursing as he stomped angrily to meet with his brother Sehun at their house. The soldier was very mad of being sent home from his mission. He woke up with his red hair in the base camp. The red colour was so striking that it could be seen from miles away. He was ordered to restore back his hair colour if he wanted to join his team mission again.


 

The soldier really loves working with the army. He enjoyed his work so much that he rarely stay at his home. Chanyeol was so serious and excellent in the work that he was leading the best soldier team in their division. He cringed when he remembered his teammates laughing at his red hair. They gleefully waved him goodbye when he was inside the helicopter.


 

"You need to rest hyung!" Kai yelled while saluting Chanyeol, who was glaring at him through the helicopter window.


 

"Hyung," Sehun gawked at his older brother that was still in his soldier uniform, clutching to his big backpack and standing right in front of their house door with red hair and a very red face. Their mother would be squealing with happiness right now. Sehun quickly pulled out his phone from his pants.


 

Chanyeol placed his forefinger on his mouth, requesting Sehun to stop calling their mother. "Please, let me breath first before you call mum, I know that she will quickly come back home if she knows that I'm back, I missed her too, but right now, I need to calm myself down," Chanyeol stepped inside their house, grumpily throwing his large backpack and sitting on the couch beside his little brother, Sehun.


 

"Hyung," Sehun squeaked.


 

"Just say it in to my face Sehun," Chanyeol snapped.


 

"Although you maybe look like some kind of sushi right now, I love sushi, I missed you hyung," Sehun scooted closer to his brother and pulled the grumpy soldier into a hug.


 

Chanyeol let Sehun pull him into his embrace and patted his little brother's arms. "I'm going to strangle my soulmate as soon as I lay my eyes on him or her, why does he or she choose red? Why Sehun?" Chanyeol heavily sighed while rubbing his tired face with his palms.


 

"By the way, what have you done this time to make mom angry? You coloured your hair green, you look like broccoli, I hate broccoli Sehun," Chanyeol grimaced.


 

"You remember my girlfriend? That supermodel Hana? I'm was angry at her for leaving me to be with her friend in Paris, I tried to stop her and she decided to break up with me, I was so mad that I coloured my hair green just to get some revenge," Sehun shrugged.


 

"So? Did you get your revenge? Is she in Paris with her hair colour like this?" Chanyeol smirked.

 

 

"Sadly, no, she is not my soulmate, deep inside I felt glad, but I suddenly feel bad for my real soulmate, I hope he or she will look good in green hair," Sehun smiled sheepishly while scratching his head.



 

"Hyung, mom is being so hysterical, she’s found our soulmates,"


 

---

 

 

Baekhyun and Luhan safely arrived at the Park Corporation building that morning. The red haired bodyguard quickly assisted his friend Luhan to CEO Sehun's office after he got his employee ID from the Human Resource Department. They both could sense weird looks towards them from the other workers when they arrived at Sehun's office.


 

Yoona, the temporary personal assistant of Mr. Sehun greeted them both and she told them that Mr. Sehun was on his way to the office. They were told to meet with Mrs. Park, CEO Sehun's beloved mother who was waiting for them at the meeting room.


 

"Have a seat, boys. Do you know why I wanted to meet with both of you so early in the morning?" Mrs. Park beamed excitedly at the clueless duo.

 

 

"Hmm, Is Mr. Sehun in trouble again?" Baekhyun smirked. He took his place right in front of Mrs. Park and Luhan sat quietly beside him at the same table.


 

"Yes, but I like this kind of trouble, you know that I'm a fan of romance right? I like happy ending and soulmates stories, and...," Mrs. Park paused to get her excitement down. She couldn't talk properly due to so much overwhelmed feeling washing all over her body. She was so happy.


 

"And?" Baekhyun frowned. The bodyguard knew that Mrs. Park was a very cheerful person but this time, she looked like she was on drugs. She was staring at them with very large dreamy eyes.


 

"I’ve found both of your soulmates! I'm so happy right now, I really love true romance stories!" Mrs. Park chirped happily.


 

"Our soulmates?" Both Luhan and Baekhyun gasped while looking at each other face.


 

"Both of your soulmates happen to be my sons! I know. What a wonderful coincident, right? They will be arriving here soon, I can't wait!" Mrs. Park grinned while clapping her hands excitedly.


 

Baekhyun started to feel anxious. 'My soulmate… not everybody has the chance to meet with their soulmate,' he smiled.


 

"You're so happy right now, aren't you?" Luhan rolled his eyes at Baekhyun. He really didn't like the idea to be bounded with a soulmate.


 

'What’s so special about being stuck with somebody that you never even meet before?' Luhan sighed. He was really eager to start his job right now, not messing his time with this soulmate thing.


 

Baekhyun's heartbeat started to thump crazily when he heard Sehun's boisterous voice echoing throughout the hallway. Then, he saw when Sehun's handsome face entered the room. He almost let out a heavy sighed when he saw his green hair.


 

'If my soulmate isn't Sehun, then...,' Baekhyun gawked to the red hair figured that was walking behind Sehun.


 

'Park Chanyeol,' Baekhyun murmured. He knew about Sehun's older brother that worked with the army but he never really met him before. The bodyguard knew that the soldier was so busy with his work that he barely spent his time at home with his family. Mrs. Park was always telling him how much she missed his older son every time she met with Baekhyun.


 

Baekhyun stared at the soldier boy’s handsome face. Chanyeol was frowning when he entered the room, he was not smiling at them. He looked grumpy and tired. The tip of his unique ears were red. He glared at Baekhyun the moment their eyes met.


 

"Hai Baekhyun hyung! Hello soulmate!" Sehun smiled. He quickly took a place right beside the bewildered looking Luhan.


 

Chanyeol didn't know why it felt harder to breath when he made eyes contact with the small boy that was looking at him with a judging face. He took a deep breath and sat right in front of Baekhyun.


 

"Great, I really hated dealing with mosquitos’ problem in the jungle. I didn’t know that I had to deal with that irritating insect here too," Chanyeol rolled his eyes, arms crossed over his chest.


 

'Did he just call me mosquito? That's it,' Baekhyun gritted his teeth.


 

"Wow, at least I blood. Did your friends ever told you that you look like a fly, you play with your own spit, dirty," Baekhyun grimaced. Chanyeol’s pissed off face pleased him.


 

"Ha-ha, mosquito and fly, cute one, hyung," Sehun cooed, looking back and forth between Chanyeol and Baekhyun. His eyes caught his soulmate that was still looking bewildered at the whole situation.

 

 

"What pet name should I call you, my soulmate?" he playfully wiggled his eyebrows at Luhan.


 

"Baek, I don't like him, he sounds like a erted old man. Is he a grandpa trapped in a young body?" Luhan whispered to Baekhyun while slowly moving away from Sehun.


 

"Can we swap soulmate? I hate him," Baekhyun said while nonchalantly pointing his forefinger at Chanyeol. "He's rude,"


 

"Can I slap him until my hands get numb? He has a foul mouth," Chanyeol scowled, slamming his hands on the table.


 

"You want to spank me? Just who do you think you're? My daddy?" Baekhyun smirked.


 

Chanyeol was quite taken aback with the answer. He suddenly felt embarrassed because of Baekhyun's bold remark. 'What's wrong with me?'


 

"Okay, wow, things are getting hot in here, I'm not going to hear any spanking or story happening between both of you soon, just keep it between you two," Mrs. Park giggled.


 

"Mom! Nothing will be happening between us!" Chanyeol snapped.


 

"I don't know, son. Don’t you want to get rid of your red hair? You have to get help from your soulmate. You want to join your latest mission as soon as possible, right? Or do you want to wait until your hair gets back to its original colour? That’s in 6 days,” Mrs. Park massaged her head. She knew that Chanyeol was not going to follow her wish so easily. He was a rebellious man. Chanyeol was as stubborn as his father.


 

"What you want us to do mom?" Sehun grabbed her mom’s body and gently rubbed her back.


 

"I'll do anything you want me to do, right soulmate?" Sehun chuckled when he looked at Luhan's dumbfounded face.


 

"Here are the keys to your apartments, go and settle your soulmate thing. I'm not going to pressure you guys to be together but I will be happy if you're. I just want my sons to be happy, Sehun can get back to work while Chanyeol can get back to his beloved jungle mission," Mrs. Park sighed while gently standing up from her chair and leaving them at the meeting room.


 

"Don't be sad Mrs. Park, I'm going to the apartment with Chanyeol, let's go," Baekhyun yelled while grabbing their apartment address and the key code that was written on a piece of paper.


 

"You're so rude to your mother!" Baekhyun jabbed Chanyeol's ribs before he left the soldier wincing in pain and holding his aching ribs.


 

"I'll wait in the car. Keep all the information about our apartment. Go and meet with Yoona. Get my schedule from her," Sehun walked away without even looking at his personal assistant's face.


 

Luhan looked bewildered at his boss´ change of attitude. He was so cheerful in front of his mom minutes ago. 'How can he change so fast?'

 

“What are you doing staring at me like that? Your job as my personal assistant starts now!" Sehun growled.

 

 

---

 

It was early in the morning but Baekhyun was standing right in front of Chanyeol's bedroom door, still with his messy bed hair and wearing his worn out baggy shirt. He didn't even bother to wash his face, he ran to stand up at Chanyeol's door as soon as he opened his eyes. He didn't want to lose the opportunities to get his morning kiss from Chanyeol.


 

"Why do I feel like I'm a dog that's waiting for his owner to open the door right now?" Baekhyun grimaced while scratching his stomach.


 

The beautiful bodyguard still remembered how grumpy Chanyeol was yesterday. They both arrived at the apartment in the middle of the night. Both of them didn't even want to open their mouth to greet each other. Chanyeol headed straight to his bedroom slamming the door behind his back. Baekhyun was very tired to feel offended about Chanyeol childish act, he just closed his eyes and dozed off to sleep.


 

Baekhyun's head perked up when he heard a rustling sound from inside Chanyeol's bedroom. "I'm ready," Baekhyun murmured.


 

Chanyeol was getting ready to exit his bedroom for his morning jog. He was so appalled when Baekhyun's lips slammed on his mouth as soon as he opened his bedroom door. The grumpy soldier was so stunned that the impact that he got from Baekhyun's small body who was leaning on him made him staggered a few step back from his spot. 'Soft,' Chanyeol mentally remembered Baekhyun's lips texture.


 

"Hmm, did our hair change its colour?" Baekhyun asked while gently tugging his hair. He pushed Chanyeol's body away as soon as he got what he wanted, that was Chanyeol's lips.


 

Chanyeol dumbfounded shook his head as he placed his palms on his mouth. "What the hell are you doing to me mosquito?" Chanyeol shrieked while pushing Baekhyun's forehead away with his forefinger.


 

"Tsk, obviously, I'm not your blood," Baekhyun rolled his eyes while staring at Chanyeol's red hair. His shoulder slumped as he stood in front of the bewildered looking soldier. The beautiful bodyguard suddenly flinched when he placed his palm on his own chest. His heartbeats thumped so fast that he couldn't even breathe properly right now.


 

"Is that?" Baekhyun said while pressing his ear on Chanyeol's hard chest.


 

"Wow, your heart is beating so fast. Are you alright?" Baekhyun spoke while he rested his hands on the grumpy soldier's waist, gripping it so tight to stop Chanyeol from moving away.


 

"Stop harassing me mosquito!" Chanyeol snapped. He swatted Baekhyun's hands from his waist and tried to punch the beautiful bodyguard's face.


 

Baekhyun managed to dodge the quick attack from Chanyeol. "No one messes with my beautiful face, try again next time!" Baekhyun smirked.


 

"Ahh, I'm hungry..." The beautiful bodyguard slapped his stomach while walking away from Chanyeol that was glaring at him.


 

Baekhyun sat on one of the kitchen stools and pulled out his small notebook and pen. He started to dribble some words on the book, humming his favourite song.


 

Chanyeol stomped his way to the kitchen and sat right in front of Baekhyun. "We need to talk," The grumpy soldier slammed his hands on the table to gain Baekhyun's attention.


 

"About what?" Baekhyun replied nonchalantly. He didn't even bother to look at Chanyeol's face. He continued to write on his notebook at the same time he scrolled down on his phone screen.


 

"About you being a ert, a-about what you did to me just now," Chanyeol stammered.


 

Baekhyun stopped scribbling and began to rub his chest again. "Stop doing that to your heart, it's making me uncomfortable," The beautiful bodyguard pursed his lip.


 

"You made me angry with the sudden kiss! That's why my heart was thumping like crazy right now!" Chanyeol explained while trying to calm his racing heartbeats. His eyes darted on Baekhyun's features. The mosquito boy's body was so small compared to him. He looked cute when he was in his thinking mode. Chanyeol eyes stared at Baekhyun's thin lips, there was a tiny mole on his right upper lip.


 

'A very kissable pair of red lips. Oh my god! You’re going crazy Park Chanyeol!' Chanyeol mentally screamed.


 

"Your heartbeat is getting funny again!" Baekhyun yelled as he harshly closed his notebook.

 

 

"Alright, we'll talk," Baekhyun sighed. Honestly, being a person who loved romantic stories and happy endings, Baekhyun felt so ecstatic when he found his soulmate. He was so eager to meet him. He really wanted to get to know Chanyeol the first time he saw him. The grumpy soldier looked so handsome with his flaming red hair. He was hurt when Chanyeol refused their soulmate bond. The grumpy soldier didn't even give them a chance to at least become friends. He just shoved Baekhyun away.


 

Baekhyun stood up and walked past the table to sit beside Chanyeol. He opened his small notebook and showed it to Chanyeol.


 

Chanyeol was so stunned when Baekhyun decided to sit beside him. They were so close that he could smell Baekhyun's hair fragrance. He smelled like oranges. The beautiful bodyguard hair was messy and frizzy. Chanyeol just couldn't keep his eyes off from staring at Baekhyun's beautiful collarbones that were proudly being displayed because of the small boy's baggy shirt. Chanyeol's naughty eyes started to venture a little lower on Baekhyun's plump bare thighs.


 

"Stop undressing me with your erted eyes, I want you to look at my book, not my body," Baekhyun snickered.


 

"I'm not looking at your body. Did you even have your bath this morning? You look like the wild boars that I usually find in the jungle," Chanyeol chuckled. He just loved to see Baekhyun's pissed off face.

 

"Aww, poor soldier misses his best friend Mr. Piggy, let's settle our problem fast so you can be reunited with him again, I think that little piggy is missing you too," Baekhyun cooed while rapidly blinking his eyes.


 

"You..." Chanyeol gritted his teeth. He couldn't finish his words when Baekhyun kissed his lips again.


 

"Okay, stop being angry at me, I can't handle your crazy heartbeats!" Baekhyun whined while patting his chest.


 

"I'm sorry for kissing you again, please calm down, I'll start explaining," The beautiful bodyguard quickly rested his hands on Chanyeol's chest with both of his knees in between Chanyeol's thighs.


 

"Listen to me, I'm making a list of things that we can do to restore our hair to its original colour, I need your understanding so that we can try all the methods and hope at least one of it can solve our problem," Baekhyun sighed and pulled himself away from Chanyeol.


 

Chanyeol took Baekhyun's notebook and started to read the list. "All of this method involve kissing! Morning kiss, sudden kiss, stolen kiss, Spiderman kiss. What the hell! People actually do that kind of kiss?" Chanyeol said with bulging eyes. He was trying so hard to prevent his face from becoming red as he read Baekhyun's ridiculous list. "Does it really work?"


 

"I don't know. I gathered that from the internet, it's just a kiss," Baekhyun shrugged. "We can make it a friendly kiss if it's bothering you so much,"


 

"No, I don't feel anything weird when you kiss me, I guess we can try," Chanyeol grimaced.


 

"Alright, we have some mutual understanding here right? You agreed to do all the methods that I listed out, we can discuss it first if you want, but for the...," Baekhyun couldn't finish his words when Chanyeol's lips pressed on his lips. He was so stunned to even blink his eyes.


 

"I can do the same to you, right? That’s a sudden kiss. Did our hair c

Please log in to read the full chapter