Chapter:1

Forever

The sky was overcast with heavy black clouds and wind was blowing harshly filling the air with dust. Mark leaned against the window looking at the surrounding outside . He got to his feetleaving the source of warmth , walked to the closet and took out his precious jacket. It was precious not because it was expensive or fashionable but because it was Jackson's jacket. He put the jacket on buttoning it up and buried his nose in the soft fabric. Fading scent of his lover invaded his nostrils , warming him up from inside out. It's been months since he had last visited Jackson and today being special , he decided to spend time with his other half. Running his hand to smother the wrinkles on jacket he crossed the room, towards front door opening it in process. Cold winter wind greeted him instantly , seeping through his clothes causing goosebumps to raise on his skin. Clutching the jacket tighter on his thin frame he started walking.

Pedestrians were walking around wrapped up in warm clothes, glittering boxes in their hands. Christmas was knocking at their doors very soon so they must be out for shopping. Christmas was favourite festival for Mark. Jackson was always there to make it best of best. They always decorated their house with colourful lights, Christmas tree standing on the living room with gifts of family and friends scattered around. Jackson was always excited to open the gifts , jumping in joy when chocolates and Teddy bears were gifted to him. His puppy eyes would twinkle like thousands of light bulbs and Mark loved it the most. The best part was when they cuddled together watching Christmas movies and Jackson would be overdramatic when his favourite character popped up on the screen. But this year it won't be the same. Infact, it wasn't Christmas that was Mark's favourite , it was Jackson's presence that made everything special.

Mark rubbed his hands together , blowing hot air from his chapped lips. Jackson always complained that Mark's hand were too cold. He used to interlace their fingers together until both of their hands were warm enough . " Take care of yourself too " Jackson used to remind him smiling gently and pecking his hands softly. That tiny action always had effect on Mark, making his heart flutter with happy feelings like he was wrapped up in warmest blanket, seeping hot chocolate and listening to his favourite song. Jackson's touch , Jackson's gaze worked like wonders to him. Sighing under his breath , Mark fastened his pace. After what felt like hours of walking , he felt his legs start to tremble. Huffing , puffing for breath he sat down on a bench for much needed rest. His nose felt like an ice cube and teeth chattered. Running his tongue over his chapped lips he observed the surrounding. Couples were holding hands , laughing and kissing, promising each other to love forever . Mark smiled at the sight in front of him.

Rain was making pitter patter sound on the pavement. People were rushing to their home, umbrellas on their hand. Mark cursed himself , he had forgotten to bring umbrella with him. Taking shelter under the roof of a nearby house , he waited for the rain to stop. Much to his dismay , the drizzle turned into downpour , blocking his view of road. He sat there alone, cold and miserable closing his eyes praying with god for a miracle to happen. His eyes opened with the sudden tug on his sleeve . His eyes met with a pair of dark , lovely puppy dog eyes.

" What are you doing outside in this weather ?" the stranger asked.

" I forgot my umbrella and my phone's battery is dead. I can't go back home." Mark frowned explaining his miserable condition to the puppy eyed stranger.

" In that case come inside and have something warm I'll lend you my umbrella."

" Why should I trust you ? You maybe a psycho or a murderer." Mark stared at the boy , his mind recalling the news of murder broadcasted on the television this morning.

" And how do I know you aren't one ? Look I am just trying to help you. Either take my offer or you will have to spend tonight outside on the pavement as I can see the rain isn't going to stop soon."

Mark eyed the boy , he didn't look like a murderer infact, the boy was handsome , very handsome besides he was offering help for Mark so why not. 

" I'll take the offer."

The boy's face brightened up and he gestured Mark to follow him. Unlocking the door, they entered inside. Warmth greeted Mark , giving him home like vibe.

" Make yourself comfortable , I'll bring something warm to drink."

Mark sat on the cozy looking sofa, scanning the room and awing inside at how beautiful it was . The boy disappeared left where Mark assumed was the kitchen.

He was tracing the patterns on the arm of sofa when the boy entered with two steaming cups of hot chocolate. He handed one to Mark.

" Thank you "

The boy nodded.

They seeped their drink in comfortable silence.

" Do you live alone ?" Mark questioned breaking the ice.

" Yes. Sometimes it gets so lonley. I hate it . I hate emptiness, dark and cold. These three things scare me the most. Oh I forgot to ask you name, what is it by the way ??

" Mark Tuan "

" Jackson Wang. It was nice meeting you "

The couples had already left and Mark stood up dusting his pants, he continued on walking. The wind started howling wildly indicating the soon to be snowfall. Mark tucked his messed up hair behind his ear and increased his pace yet again. A familiar flower shop came into his view and he walked towards it pushing the door open inviting himself in.

" Welcome to Lover's flower shop , how may I help you sir " A cheerful female voice greeted him.

" Can you wrap a bouquet of red roses for me ?"

" Wait a minute sir "

The girl started to collect the fresh red roses and wrapped them up neatly.

" If you don't mind can you tell me who are these for ?"

" Someone very special " Mark smiled at her.

" She must be very lucky then "

" Actually it's he and I am very lucky to have him " Mark corrected.

" Oh, that's so cute. What's his name by the way ?"

" Jackson, Jackson Wang "

" You must really love him to walk out on this weather. Does he live nearby ?" the girl asked continuing the conversation.

" It's not too far. The place where he lives is small and lonely. Jackson hates dark and cold, I wonder how he's able to remain there."

The girl nodded her head half understanding things Mark was talking about.

Another costumer intered in and the girl diverted her attention to newcomer after mouthing have a good day to Mark.

Mark exited the flower shop observing the flowers in his hand. The petals were as red as blood flowing through his veins.

" Where is that boy " Mark mumbled as he impatiently tapped his foot against the pavement.

Jackson had called him earlier , asking him to rush on the park saying it was some sort of emergency and Mark was here whereas Jackson was nowhere in site.

Just as he was about to give up and go home his phone rang, fishing out the device he received the call.

" Where are you I have been waiting for ages " Mark yelled.

" Calm down Markie" Jackson chuckled. " I'm standing under cherry tree to your left , come there "

" Jackson , if this is some sort of joke I am going to strangle you to death " Mark threatened.

" Just do as I say please " 

Mark ended the call and headed to the mentioned direction. His eye caught the figure of Jackson smiling and waving at him.

" What was the emergency you were talking about ?" Mark asked straightforward glaring at his friend.

" I___um___I haha " Jackson gluped nervously.

" Spill it out already "

" Iaminlovewithyousowillyoubemyboyfriend?" 

" What ?? Speak slowly."

" I am in love with you so will you be my boyfriend?" 

" WHAT!?" Mark was beyond surprised.

" What?'" Jackson blinked at him.

" Don't tell me this is some sort of prank on me " Mark eyed Jackson who shook his head.

" I  am 100℅ serious." 

" Close your eyes " Mark said.

" Are you going to slap me?" Jackson asked.

One glare from Mark and it was enough for Jackson to shut his mouth and close his eyes.

A pair of soft lips landed on his own and then detached within seconds. Jackson opened his eyes to find red faced Mark.

He cupped Mark's face and pulled him for another kiss. This time long and passionate. Separating from the kiss he handed Mark the bouquet of red roses.

" I honestly didn't know what to buy for you. So I went to flower shop and this lady told me red roses symbolizes love so I bought it. Do you like it?" Jackson babbled on.

Mark pecked Jackson's lips silencing him. 

" I love you Jackson . Thank you "

" I love you Mark always and forever "

Bouquet clunched in his hands, Mark entered the place where Jackson resided. He stood inches away from his lover. Suddenly it started snowing, a soft feather like snow flake landed on his hand. Mark still clearly remembered Jackson's words" If you wish with the first snowflake, it comes true "

Mark squeezed his eyes shut, snowflake in his fist.

" I wish you were here Gaga "

Jackson had asked Mark out on a date and Mark was all prepared for it. He waited for his boyfriend to pick him up, occasionally glancing out on the road but Jackson didn't come. Day turned to evening and evening turned to night . He tried calling Jackson only to be ignored. He send several messages but didn't get the reply back.

Mark cried whole night. Jackson had dumped him , he had used him. It was all just a joke for Jackson. Mark was angry, frustrated and depressed at the same time. If Jackson can ignore him he can also ignore Jackson.

Weeks passed by and still there was no message or call from Jackson. Mark's anger was now turning into worry. Suddenly one day he received a call from Jackson but a strangers' voice greeted him. 

" Hello is this Mark Tuan " 

" Yes it is " 

" Please arrive fast to Locals hospital. Jackson wants to see you " the voice sounded raspy and broken.

" Is he okay ?"

Mark's question was left unanswered. Panicking and convincing himself that nothing was serious Mark hurried to the hospital. A stranger led him to where Jackson was admitted.

" Mark " the young boy placed his hand on Mark's shoulder.

" J__Jackson doesn't have much time left " 

" What do you mean ?" 

" He is dying " 

Mark felt like all the air was punched out of his lungs. His heart started hammering inside his chest with fear of loosing his love , with fear of not being able to see Jackson again "

He pushed the door open.

The site that greeted him made him weak to his knees , he felt sick to his stomach. Lots and lots of machines were hooked on his lover's fragile body. A heart monitor was the only sound on the silent room. Jackson looked lifeless . Mark's eyes burned with tears.

" Jackson " he called out.

Upon hearing Mark's voice Jackson's face lightened up. He smiled though it didn't reach his eyes it was still favourite thing for Mark. 

" M_Mark you came " Jackson whispered raspily.

Mark nodded his head unable to utter any words.

" Are you angry at me ? " 

Mark shook his head. 

" Then say something " 

" I ..." Mark broke down hiccups escaping his lips.

" Please don't cry " 

Mark cried even harder.

" Mark , baby look at me " 

Mark glanced up at Jackson with glassy eyes.

" Do you want me to remember your crying face baby " 

Mark shook his head.

"Then  Smile for me " 

" I__I can't " Mark sniffed.

" Why?" 

" Yo__you are going to leave me alone " hot tears dropped down on Jackson's palm.

Jackson smiled at him yet again. " I can always watch you from above " 

Mark's hiccups and the heart monitor's beep filled the room.

" Is it okay if I sleep now ? it was barely above an whisper but Mark heard it.

" I __ I love you . Pl__please don't l__leave " 

Jackson squeezed his hand with what energy was left within his system. His took painful breaths and with one last raise and fall of his chest, he layed still. Jackson's hand fell limp on Mark's, the heart monitor beeped displaying a straight line on the monitor. Jackson was gone forever. He was no longer there to irritate Mark, no longer to make him smile, no longer to compliant how cold his hand was, no longer to celebrate Chirstmas with and laugh at silly jokes , no longer to love him. Mark trembled with shock, harsh reality slapping him across his face his knees gave out and he wailed like a child whose favourite toy was broken. His glassy eyes searched for Jackson to hold him , tell him it was just his nightmare but the cold dead body beside him shattered all his hopes.

Opening his eyes he placed the bouquet of rose on the tombstone. Images of Jackson flashed through his mind and he tried to steel his heart against all emotional appeals . But failed when a tear drop dripped down his chin followed by another and another and another. He buried his face on his hands sobbing , letting out all the bottled up emotions. Mark felt as if someone wrapped their arms around him , he lifted his head only to find wind rustling through leaves.

He kissed the tombstone .

" I love you Jackson always and forever " 

________________________**********______________________________

*Sits in the corner and cries *

How's the story ??? Let me know through your comments .

MARKSON FOREVER !!!!!!