Final.

We used to be in love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello guys! I'm back with a one-shot again! I totally had no inspiration on what to write for this one shot so I just settled in front of my laptop and typed away! I did not check and proof read so just bear with the grammar and spelling errors alright. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this one shot ^^! Do comment and subscribe and upvote! 

 

"Jaehwan, what do you think about working with Jung corporation for our next project?" Ravi sipped his coffee and crossed his leg while laying back on the chair. 

"Jung Corporation?" Ken scoffed and shook his head, "You just want to meet Hakyeon hyung." Ken dismissed Ravi by standing up and adjusting his suit. 

"You need to face it someday. Avoiding-" Ken cut Ravi off.

"Running away might not always be a bad thing, Ravi ah." Ken whispered softly but Ravi heard him and sighed. He knew that Ken is still in love with Leo who is already taken.

"Alright, how about Shim corporation? I heard that-"

"Yes. I've talked to Mr Shim before and I think we should collaborate with them. I will count on you for the arrangement." 

"Jaehwan, you do know that the Shim has the hots for you right? You know that by working with him means more than just work right? This guy has been waiting so long to get into your pants." Ravi warned and Ken turned back to look at him and smiled gently. 

"I guess it is time for me to get into a relationship then?" 

"Good morning baby." Leo held Hyeri from her back and laid his head gently on her shoulders. 

"Woonie, I'm cooking right here. Go and bathe and breakfast will be ready." Hyeri smiled but relaxed and leaned on Leo. She did not regret lying five years ago. 

"Will you be going to the company with me today? Or will you be meeting mom?" Leo asked as he kissed her cheek gently. 

"I am going out with mom. Will you join us for lunch? We will be dining at Sunrise Restaurant." Leo stiffened upon hearing this restaurant being mentioned. This is the restaurant that he and Ken used to frequent. He stopped going over the moment he broke up with Ken. 

"Yes. I will come over during lunch. Have fun with mom alright? You know she loves you." Leo smiled and let go of Hyeri. "I will go prepare now." 

"Hi Ken, nice to meet you again." Changmin greeted Ken politely before settling down on the seat. 

"You will get sick of seeing me so soon. We are going to see each other so often for our project Changmin sshi." Ken replied playfully and chuckled. 

"Drop the honorific, just Changmin." Changmin smiled, "And no, I actually love seeing you." his straightforwardness made Ken nervous. 

"A-are you flirting with me already?" Ken did not just ask that question. He internally slapped himself for this. 

"I don't know, you tell me." Changmin leaned forward and stared deeply into Ken's eyes. Ken cursed Ravi in silence for not coming along with him to handle this man over here. 

"Taekwoon ah, over here!" This broke the intense staring competition that Changmin and Ken were having. Ken turned to the direction that the voice was from unwittingly and saw the guy he never ever want to see. 

"Hyeri, Umma." Leo greeted his lovely ladies and settled down beside Hyeri, not forgetting to hold her hands and smile. 

"Ken?" Changmin spoke up and stared at Ken in curiosity. Why is he looking so nervous?

"Changmin, I know of a restaurant around here that is better than this place, how about-"

"Let's go." Changmin sensed the problem and stood up from his seat, not forgetting his manners by walking over to pull Ken's chair and holding him up. 

"Thank you." Ken smiled nervously and held onto Changmin tightly. He needed the support to walk pass Leo's table. It's okay, they will just walk pass silently and Leo won't even notice. Ken thought and repeated this as he walked but luck was obviously not on his side when he tripped over and nearly fell if not for Changmin.

Still, it attracted attention and the moment Ken looked up, he exchanged glances with Leo. 

"Jaehwan?" Leo's mother was the one who broke the silence. "It's really you Jaehwan! You haven't visited for such a long time! How have you been Jaehwan ah!" She greeted him in excitement. After all, he was her favourite. 

"A-auntie." Ken stood up and let go of Changmin before greeting her. "I-I was working overseas. I just came back." He just lied to someone who is like his real mother. 

"You did not even greet me goodbye! Is this how you are my son?" She acted to be angry. 

"I'm sorry auntie, I did not mean to. I had so much on hands and it slipped past my mind-"

"Sit down and join us for a meal if you are really sorry." She cut Ken off and smiled. "Come." It sounded more like a demand. 

"Yes." Ken nodded obediently and took a sit next to her, making sure that Changmin is beside him. 

The table was filled with tension and awkwardness. Everyone sensed it except for Leo's mother who will not stop talking about how much she miss Ken. 

"Anyway, who is this handsome gentleman over here Jaehwan? I haven't met him." She asked politely and smiled at Changmin who returned the smile gladly. 

"Oh he is my-"

"Soon to be boyfriend." Changmin replied for Ken. 

"E-excuse me?" Ken turned to Changmin but his eyes met Leo. For a moment, he saw anger then emptiness. 

"What? Aren't we on a date?" Changmin teased Ken playfully.

"Isn't this a business meeting?" Ken replied in astonishment. 

"You can say it's both." Changmin nodded and smiled.

"You two look great together! Don't you think so, Taekwoon?" She smiled in adoration and turned to Leo. 

"Yes. You two really look good together, Jaehwan ah." Ken clenched his fist tightly. This voice sounded so familiar to him now sounded so foreign. 

"Excuse me for a moment, I need the washroom." Ken stood up and excuse himself. 

"I think I need the washroom too." Leo excused himself right after Ken and followed him.

"I-"

"Hyeri ah, let them talk things out. Let's just eat." Leo's mom said in a stern tone. She knew something was wrong. She is intelligent enough to sense it and she did not want anyone else to get involve in it. "Changmin my young gentleman over here, so what's your occupation?" She started a light conversation to get Changmin engaged while Hyeri frown and clenched her fist tightly. 

-

Ken washed his face and stared at the mirror. This cannot happen. Ken can't be wavered by Leo. He needs to get over him. He sighed and wiped away the tear that fell unwittingly. Ken hate himself for being like this. He hates how influential and important Leo still is to him. 

Leo entered the toilet the moment Ken was about to walk out. Ken avoided glances and tried to walk off but Leo held him back by his wrist. 

"Why are you here?" Leo's cold voice void of any emotion shocked Ken. 

"Why can't I be here?" Ken needed to be strong. This is not the man he loved anymore. 

"You know that we-"

"I honestly don't give a damn Leo." Ken looked up at Leo and said curtly. "Your business is none of my business the moment you cheated on me." 

"There was no love to begin with anyway." Leo replied and scoffed. 

"Really? You really think that-"

"It's the cold hard truth. I've accepted it. Why won't you?" Leo asked truthfully. 

"You are always like this." Ken said softly and looked down on the floor. "You will never bother to listen to others. You never care about how I feel." He said dejectedly. 

"Cut the act Jaehwan." Leo scoffed again and gripped onto Ken's wrist tightly, "Look at your boy toy and tell me you love me? Who are you kidding?" 

"Don't speak of Changmin like that!" Ken broke off the tight grip on him and glared at Leo. "You were the one that cheated. Don't blame me for moving on Leo. You can't expect me to stay at the same place forever, mourning over my loss." Ken held back the tears that was about to fall, "I l-love Changmin now and you have Hyeri too. It's perfect. We don't have to avoid each other anymore." 

"You are right." Leo nodded and smiled sarcastically, "What's there to avoid when there's nothing between us? Then why won't you collaborate with my corporation instead for our next project? You obviously know that my company is better than the Shim's one." Leo challenged Ken. He was the one that did not want anything to do with Ken but he could not stand the sight of Changmin with Ken. 

"Sure." Ken replied, "I'm sure my boyfriend will not mind since he will still be working by my side for another project." Ken replied without any hesitation. 

When they both came back to the table, Leo's mom smiled and said "That took you two quite awhile. Did anything happened?" 

"Oh, we were discussing about our collaboration for our next project. You won't mind Jung Corporation taking over the project right, Mr Shim?" Leo turned to Changmin and smiled. 

"Of course not. Me and Jaehwan has another collaboration going on anyway." Changmin shrugged his shoulders and turned to Ken, smiling and holding his hands. 

"Alright young men, enough with all your business. Me and Hyeri are tired of it. Am I right Hyeri?" Leo's mom turned to Hyeri.

"Y-yes. I think we should go. Taekwoon, you will drive me and mom home right?" Hyeri smiled sweetly to Leo. 

"Of course, baby." Leo smiled sweetly and Ken heart sank upon witnessing this moment. This smile used to be only for him. He looked away. 

"I'm still here my kids. Oh my god." Leo's mom complained and stood up from her seat, not before hugging Ken and reminding him to contact her soon. 

The moment the Jungs left, Ken sighed and turned to Changmin.

"Changmin, I-"

"It's okay. I don't know what is wrong between you and Leo but I won't rush you into letting me know." Changmin was still holding onto Ken's hands, "Just let me know if you need any of my help. I'm always here for you Ken." 

"Thank you." Ken nodded and smiled. 

The next day in the Lee Corporation, Ravi was flabbergasted when he saw Leo walking in. He shook his head and pinched himself to see if it was real. It was. Ravi went forward immediately to stop Leo. 

"What are you doing here?" Ravi said curtly. 

"Ravi, I'm here to do business. Didn't Ken told you about the collaboration?" Leo replied and checked his watch, "I'm about to be late so-"

"Wait. Do not do anything that will harm Jaehwan or I swear I will cut you." Ravi threatened. 

"I have nothing other than business to do with him." Leo replied and walked off. 

Ken was massaging his forehead to soothe the headache that he was having since morning when his secretary brought Leo into his office. Ken looked up and sighed. 

"You can take a seat there on the couch. I will be over soon." Ken said without looking up from his documents. 

Ken walked over soon after and sat down before his secretary placed the drinks and left his room. 

"Regarding this new project, I suggest that we carry out the event at Busan. I heard about Starlight Village and I think it is a good place for our event. Many other events has been held there and the response was great. Also- " Ken blurted more and more but Leo wasn't focusing on his words but instead the frown that was on his face. Ken always frown when he is stressed out or whenever he has a bad headache. 

"Jaehwan, have you took your pills?" Leo asked unwittingly.

"No. I left it at home this morning." Ken sighed and replied casually before realising the situation. "I'm sorry but Leo that is obviously not something to talk about. Can you please focus on the topic on hand?" Ken deadpanned and frown more deeply. 

"It's a good idea. Let's just do it. When do you suggest to check out the area?" Leo laid back on the couch and folded his arms. 

"This upcoming weekend would be good." Ken checked his phone for his availability and said.

"I have a date this weekend. It is my fifth anniversary with-"

"How about next weekend? If not, I believe we can just check it out separately and discuss about it another day." Ken replied curtly. 

"Next weekend is perfect. I will see you there at 1pm?" Leo replied and he was worried because Ken is back to massaging his forehead. 

"Sure. Now let's discuss about..." and the day went on where they discussed more about the project. 

After Leo went off, Ken sighed and laid back on his couch. He was having a very bad headache and having Leo there wasn't helping. It worsened his mood further more. Just when Ken was about to stand up to go get some medicine by the pharmacy, his secretary knocked on his door.

"Mr Lee, Mr Jung said to pass this bag of medication to you." She handed it over to Ken and left.

Ken held the bag tightly on his hand and sighed, what exactly is Leo trying to do? 

Two weeks later, they met at the village and Ken was taken aback when Leo brought Hyeri along. 

"Jaehwan ah, is it okay if I come along?" Hyeri asked when they were having lunch upon noticing how silent Ken looked.

"If I say no, will you go back to Seoul now?" Ken asked while sipping on his wine. 

"Hyeri, you don't have to care about him. I want you here." Leo turned to Hyeri and held her hands. "We did not restrict each other from bringing along our partner. It will be nice if you have some respect towards-"

"It's a business trip Leo. I guessed it wasn't clear to you. Please do not treat a business trip as honeymoon." Ken deadpanned and stood up. "I'm done. Enjoy your meal love birds, while I do business." Ken said and walked off. 

Ken gave instructions to his men and separated them to check out different locations while he walked around alone. As he went around to check the venue, he noticed a way that leads into the forest. He briefly looked around and thought that it was not safe to venture alone into the forest. He walked off and went to check another venue. 

Leo asked Hyeri to rest in her room and instructed one of his men to take care of her while he went to check out the venue with the rest. When he saw Ken walking alone, he instructed his men to go on checking on the location while he went towards Ken. 

He was about to approach Ken when he saw Ken picked up his phone that was ringing. 

"Changmin, I'm here already." Ken smiled as he picked up the call. 

Leo stopped in his tracks. 

"It's nice here. We should come here some time together!" Ken nodded, "I will come with you if you pay for the trip." He joked and chuckled, "Yes stop nagging, I know how to take care of myself Mr Shim, I'm a grown man for god sake!" 

Leo walked towards Ken and interrupted him, "You complained about me bringing my partner to this trip and here you are flirting with your boyfriend during a business trip." 

"I will call you back later." Ken said and ended the call. "You have a problem with me making a call? I'm still doing my job." Ken rolled his eyes.

"What is wrong with you? Can't we be friends again? Look here, we are already grown up and-"

"Shut up. Don't tell me what to do with you. I can choose how I want to treat anyone. When I was nice, I was taken for granted." Ken snapped and glared at Leo. He was still pissed off with Leo bringing Hyeri over for the trip. 

"Jaehwan, you are overreacting." Leo chided and continued, "You are already 25, isn't it time for you to grow up and act like a man?" 

"Is this the reason why you left me? Because I was acting like a kid?" Ken mumbled softly, clearly upset. 

"Jaehwan ah, I-"

"Sorry, I was being too emotional." Ken chuckled and took a few steps back, "I will go check out the location now." 

Soon, it was dinner time and they all gathered at the hall. They were all discussing the venue and how to execute the event when one of the dishes was served. One of Leo's men was about to serve him the prawn when Hyeri and Ken spoke up at the same time.

"Don't!" they said simultaneously.

"Leo is allergic to prawns." Hyeri was fast to speak. She did not like how Ken still remembers so much about Leo and how Leo turned to Ken instead of her when they spoke up at the same time. 

"I'm sorry sir, I should have known better." Leo's employee apologised.

"it's okay, Jin." Leo smiled and started to talk about another issue regarding their project and everyone was back into the conversation. Ken scooped up two prawns at once and swallowed it at once. Stupid him and his instinct. He just embarrassed himself in front of so many employees. Ken felt weird when he swallowed the prawns but he ignored it. 

After a while, Ken felt his stomach churning and he excused himself from the dining area. Leo pretended to not take notice and continued to talk. However, after a good ten minutes, Ken was still not back. Leo sensed that something was wrong and excused himself. 

He went into the gents and caught the sight of Ken vomiting. He rushed towards Ken's side and patted his back gently. 

"Are you okay?" Leo asked worriedly. 

"I think there was garlics in the prawn." Ken said while panting. He wiped his mouth and stood up. He stumbled and Leo held onto him. 

"L-let go." Ken pushed Leo away weakly and leaned against the wall. 

"Jaehwan, you are sick. Let me take care of you." Leo held onto Ken again but Ken pushed him away again. 

" off Leo." He cursed and held onto the wall for support. "Don't ing touch me." He shouted and panted. 

"Jaehwan, you are my friend. It's normal to-"

"Taekwoon, are you oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter