Doors

Random Misc.

You were practicing hard by yourself in the JYP building. It was late at night and even though your other members were at home for your one day off you had let yourself into the company building and were practicing diligently by yourself. Even though JYP had promised your debut was imminent, you still felt like you lacked a lot more in comparison to your members. But it only made you work harder. Loud music blared from the speakers in your dance room as you practiced dancing. You had always enjoyed hip hop dance but never really thought you were any good at it. Half way through the song you heard the door open behind you. In the mirror you saw Jackson from Got7 poke his head in. You smiled at him and stopped dancing to turn off the music. Ever since your acceptance into JYP, Jackson had been a good friend to you. Both of you were foreigners to Korea, but he never failed to cheer you up and help you in any way he could. "Hey," you greeted. 

"Hi," he replied coming in and shutting the door behind him. "I thought today was your day off," he questioned curiously moving to sit on the couch. 

You wiped some sweat away from your forehead as you sat next to him. "It is," you replied. "I decided to do some extra practice. What are you doing here?" 

"I had a little bit of work to do, but also I'm meeting someone here for a bit," Jackson said vaguely. 

"Who are you meeting?" you asked just to keep the conversation going. "A girl??" you asked teasingly. 

Suddenly Jackson's phone began to ring and he answered it. "Are you here? ....Ah, really? Okay, okay. I'll be there in a minute." He hung up. "I have to go get them right now. Can you watch this for me?" Jackson held up a bag and you nodded. After he left, you returned to dancing, lazily tugging your hair up into a high ponytail as the intro wound up. In the middle of the song Jacson came back with a film crew behind him and behind them, a very curious looking Jooheon from Monsta X. You covered your face in embarassment as you saw the film crew. Quickly moving to the stereo to turn it off. You regretting your choice of wardrobe immediately. You were in an oversized T-shirt with shorts that could barely be seen under the shirt, high socks and your sneakers. Furthermore, you were sweaty with barely any makeup on and your hair in a high messy ponytail. You would have to thank Jackson later. You brushed some stray strands of hair out of your face as you approached Jackson and handed him his bag from the sofa. 

"Thanks Y/N," Jackson enthused. He saw the confusion behind your eyes and you could tell he was biting back a smile. 

You bowed to him and the crew and to Jooheon shyly. 

"Are you a trainee here," the PD asked you. 

Jackson's MC mode took over and he put his arm around your shoulders. "This is one of JYP's hottest girl group trainees, Y/N," he introduced. "When are you debuting?"

You shot him a death glare before smiling widely at the camera and bowing low. "Hello, my name is Y/N from JYP's newest girl group. We are set to debut this winter. Please look forward to it and continue to love Got7 sunbaenims a lot." 

"Ooooh~ look at you," Jackson enthused. "Introducing yourself like a pro already. You learned that from me, huh?" 

You rolled your eyes at him but laughed with him all the same. 

"What kind of relationship do you have with Jackson and Got7?" the PD asked. 

You glanced at Jackson and he threw his hands up in surrender, letting you say whatever you wanted. You smiled. "Of course being from the same company, the Got7 sunbaenims and our group are close friends and we try to support each other a lot. Jackson sunbae in particular has helped me a lot. We're both foreigners so we understand each other well and I look up to him like a brother..?" I trailed off.

Jackson was wiping away fake tears and you playfully punched him in the ribs. "Oh, and Y/N this is Jooheon from Monsta X. You've seen him right?" Jackson turned his attention to Jooheon who came into the camera fram shyly.

You bowed low to him. "Ah, sunbaenim, it's very nice to meet you," you greeted wholeheartedly. 

Jooheon looked shocked but bowed back and stumbled over a hello. The camera crew left to set up the room that they would be filming in, leaving you, Jackson, and Jooheon in the room alone together. 

"Aish, Jackson why didn't you tell me they were coming?" you hissed at Jackson. 

"Why?" Jackson asked innoccently. 

"Look at me!" you said more forcefully. "I look like a hot mess." You caught Jooheon giving you a once-over from the corner of your eye and you smirked. "Plus I haven't even debuted yet. I can't get paid for that clip," you said in a more joking tone. "But you're obviously trying to ruin me before I even get my name out there." 

Jackson laughed. "I'll buy you food sometime," he promised. "Plus you don't need to be paid. That clip is as good as free advertising so you're welcome," he shrugged off your concern and squished your face playfully, dodging your swatting hands. "Oh I'll be right back," he said quickly as he heard a staff member call for him. He left you and Jooheon alone in the room. Jooheon scratched the back of his head as his mouth hung slightly open, looking anywhere in the room except for at you. A breath passed between you two before Jooheon strode over to you and pulled you into his arms. "I thought they were never going to leave," he murmured in your ear. 

You laughed and pulled back to look at him wrapping your arms around his neck. "Yeah, Jackson is sneaky like that," you replied knowingly. You pecked his lips before pulling your body against his again in a tight embrace. You had met Jooheon a few months after entering JYP. Because Monsta X were good friends with Got7 you saw them often. Jackson had even introduced you two. After a year of being good friend Jooheon and you had started dating. Your relationship was very secret. The only people who knew about it were your members, the Monsta X members, the Got7 members, and your managers. You hadn't even debuted yet and Monsta X couldn't afford a scandal. It made it hard to meet each other, but the small moments you got together made you remember why you stayed up until the early hours of morning for dates, and why you worked so hard up until this point. "How have you been?" you asked pulling away from him except for his hands.

You watched as his fingers played with yours idly. "Good," he replied. "Working hard like always. How are you debut preparations going?"

You nodded. "It'll happen soon," you said more confidently than you actually felt. "We're working hard."

"Don't push yourself to hard," Jooheon said in concern. "You should rest on your days off," he chided playfully.

"But then I wouldn't have seen you," you pouted mockingly as you pressed your face to his shoulder.

He chuckled as his arms wrapped around your middle tightly comfortably pressing you to him. His cheek rested on the top of your head. You breathed in the smell of his cologne and wished you could live in that moment forever. Everything was so warm and comforting when he held you like this. Everything else melted away andd the two of you were allowed to live in your own world just for that time. "Y/N," Jooheon murmured. 

You pulled back to look at him and he smiled down at you, flashing his dimples. Before you knew it, he had closed the space between the two of you and pressed his mouth to yours. You kissed back and lost yourself in the feeling of him. Suddenly you heard footsteps approaching. He kissed you hurriedly a few more times before pulling away from you and moving away. Moments later, Jackson poked his head in again and called Jooheon for filming. After Jooheon left, Jackson smiled devilishly at you. 

"Did you enjoy your stolen moment?" he asked mischeviously.

You punched him in the arm playfully and laughed. But secretly you thanked him for knowing exactly what you needed and making it happen. This debut would be a piece of cake.