She's Dreaming

She's Dreaming

You tried to wake yourself, but it was already too late. You were trapped into that state once again. A state of paralysis where you feel like you have no control over your body. Your brain says “twitch this finger” and “sit up!” But your nerves remain still, stuck, frozen. You want to scream for help, you’re frightened again, unaware of what is happening, but your tongue lays flat and limp. Your heart on the other hand, it’s pumping loud and heavy, the one part of your body which moves when you’re trying to calm it down.
You feel a gentle hand hold onto your trembling fingers. This isn’t new to you. You’ve experience this exact episode several times before. You still have no idea what is happening and why it’s happening but you’ve come to accept that it’s something you can’t stop. You’re suddenly able to move again, in this familiar but unknown place. It’s a bright pastel pink and everything is glowing. Sparkling stars and glistening waves of water making you feel light and free, you begin to float. This is beginning to get less and less frightening everytime. Tears stream down your face as you hopelessly grab onto the hand that makes your heart pump so fast. The hand comforts you and then lightly pulls you into the owner’s embrace. You’re emotionally too exhausted to ask the endless questions you have, so you just let the unknown figure hold you in its arms as your tears continue to silently fall. 
Filtered but slowly getting louder, you hear a sweet and gentle man’s voice speaking to you. Again, it’s not new but you always avoided listening to it because you were too frightened. You can feel the presence running to you but you feel that scary weight again. This usually happens before you get back to your senses and wake up, safe in your bed. Instead of fighting to fasten the wake up process, you just relax and wait for your senses to come to you. As the aura of bright glowing lights and stars disappear, you can hear the gentle man’s voice.
“No no no comeback…”
You snap your bloodshot eyes wide open, finally able to move your fingers freely and sit up as you wish. You calm down quicker this time round. The fact that the fear of this unknown experience becoming a norm to you is saddening yet comforting at the same time. And just like that, you lay back down as the fire in your chest slowly dies out. You close your eyes, but you’re careful not to get too relaxed or else you’ll get dragged back into whatever that unfamiliar world is.

-Chanyeol’s pov-

He sighs sadly as he turns around, disappointed again that he couldn’t grab his chance to interact with the angelic figure. “Who in the world could she be?” Chanyeol wonders to himself. He, too, is unsure of what these re-occurring episodes actually are. The disappointed man slowly begins to walk ahead, back to normality. 
“She’s dreaming,” He smiles to himself.