Final

The Sense of An Ending

Title                 : The Sense of  An Ending

Length             : Drabble, 1.263 words

Genre              : Angst, AU! Psychology.

Language        : English  

Cast                 :

  • Lee Jinki (Onew)
  • Bae Joohyun (Irene)
  • Taemin

 

This is based on Leessang - Ballerino MV

 

**

 

 

"I've known women but I never knew love, but you."

 

“Oppa, can we meet this evening?” said by a woman across other line in phone. A man who has slinted eyes, bunny teeth and eyes smile just giggled as he heard her girlfriend’s voice even it was just on the phone.

 

“Of course, see you later baby. I love you.” He said as nodded and mimicked a sound of kiss to his girlfriend. The woman just chuckled and replied with the same thing like he did.

 

It was 6 PM that time, an evening which the time for sunset. A man was getting off from his car and run immediately to a woman who sat on the bench at a park, he did not want her to wait for him too long. He just sat beside her immediately that make her a bit startled and hit him lightly.

 

“I’m sorry, baby. Did I make you wait too long?” he stared at her, his smile never left from his face.

 

“No, oppa. I just arrived some minutes ago before you came.” She shook her head and tried to smile to the latter. She looked so distracted as playing with her own fingers and looking down. A man realized it, there was something wrong with her girlfriend so he ended up asking to her.

 

“baby, what happened? Is there something wrong?” He said, furrowed his forehead while his eyes kept on her.

 

“I- I wanna tell you something. B-but please don’t hate me after this. Promise?” She lift up her face to look at a man in front of him.

 

“Okay. Tell me.” He was so curious now that he just let her tell all the problem first instead of asked more like he usually did.

 

“I want us to break up...” she said, now without hesitation like before. A man turned his head directly to her, demanded for explanations.

 

“Why, baby?”

 

“I already had another man who can made me happier than you. I’m sorry, oppa. You barely have time for me.”

 

** The Sense of  An Ending **

 

Lee Jinki, a well-known wax sculpture artist in the South Korea who almost have a perfect life for some people. He was born in wealth family, had a good carrier and also pretty girlfriend that people always were envy with him. That almost perfect life was going on till he was 28 years old, before his 29th birthday a worst event happened to him which made him so depressed and gave up on everything.

There were no more happy, cheerful and playful Lee Jinki, just an upset and gloomy aura whenever you were around him. He even unfinished all of his projects and being anti-social person. And all of those changes is because of his girlfriend who break him up.

 

“You’re still mine, baby. Forever.” He said as his hands were busy with all his sculpture tools and wax in front of him, he did it with the blank expression and slightly took a glance to a portrait of his girlfriend.

 

He made the was statue to figure out that his ex still with him. He was doing sculpture for almost one week, until it shaped into a woman who was smiling while sitting on the chair. Who knows it make Jinki smile again and even caressing that statue’s cheeks.

 

Jinki didn’t feel lonely again as his art already made, he assumed that it was her real girlfriend and starting to imagine in his own world. He was speaking happily with it, having breakfast, lunch or dinner together with it and even taking some pics with his “girlfriend”

 

It was happening for around 2 weeks, until Jinki’s brother came to his house for visiting him and checking whether he was okay or not.

 

**

A man that had golden blonde hair, knocked a door of someone’s house. He was standing there to wait for the owner opened it for him. Taemin, that man, looked happy when Jinki appeared in front with a startled face seeing his lil brother came to visit him.

 

“Aigoo, Taemin!” Jinki said loudly as hugged his brother tightly that made Taemin out of breath slightly.

 

“Ugh hyung, I’m breathless now.”

 

“Oops, sorry.” He giggled as released the hugging and let Taemin come in his house. “Why don’t you call me if you wanna come here? I might cook something for you too.”  He said then closed the door and walking behind Taemin, while Taemin was looking around Jinki’s house.

 

“Well, it’s okay. I can share my food with Joohyun. Let’s come in, she was waiting at the dining room!” Taemin was surprised when Jinki grabbed his wrist and pulled him to somewhere. Joohyun noona? Jinki hyung’s girlfriend? He tried to remember her face because it has been long time Taemin didn’t visit Jinki. He just followed every Jinki’s steps to dining room. Once they arrived at the dining room, Taemin was more surprised and speechless what was he looking at the dining table. It was not human, not his girlfriend. It was wax statue.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” Taemin spoke slowly but Jinki still could hear it, he turned his head to Taemin while smiling and started to sit beside that statue. Meanwhile Taemin was still freeze and standing as look at Jinki who happily set all the plates  and food.

 

“I’m fine, Taemin. Don’t you see? And I’m even more okay because my bae always beside me.” He chuckled as its head. Taemin was angrily walking to Jinki and slapped him quite hard, hope his brother would realize and come to the reality. It was statue, not his girlfriend.

 

“TAEMIN, WHAT ARE YOU-“ Before Jinki completed his words, Taemin already cut it off and stared at him as giving a pity look.

 

“It’s not Joohyun noona, hyung! What happened to you?! Tell me now.”

 

“Are you kidding me?? It’s Joohyun!” Jinki said as standing and stared at Taemin angrily. Taemin just directly kicked the statue and made it fall to the floor, he was looking at Jinki who ready to slap him too.

 

“See hyung? She even can’t wake up, it’s statue that you made hyung. What on the earth are you thinking of?!”

 

Slowly Jinki was falling down and ended up sit on the floor with depressed floor. The tears started to flow from his eyes as he covered his face. Taemin who didn’t know what happened to him, just waiting for him to speak up the reason.

 

“Don’t remember me about it again, Lee Taemin. I beg you, you don’t know how hurt my heart now everytime I realize she was no longer mine. Just give me a chance to make myself happy even it’s my own imagination.” He said as sobbing and crying loudly. Taemin could feel the pain just seeing him like that. He slowly walking and squatted in front of Jinki, rubbing and patting his shoulder to comfort his brother.

 

“I don’t know what happened to you, but just don’t let yourself into an endless sorrow hyung. It’s like your world end just because she isn’t mine anymore.”

 

“B-but..”

 

“Wake up hyung, you can live better even without her right?” He smiled as look at his brother tried to wipe his tears and lifted his face up slightly. Jinki nodded as said. “I will try.”

 

And since that day, Taemin immediately crushed that statue and threw away all about his girlfriend from his hyung’s house. He really wanna make Jinki totally moved on from his ex and started to continue his life again.

 

= END =