Chapter 5

The PAST. The FUTURE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It is a pleasure to have you here, princess." The Empress Dowager said, smiling so sweetly at the princess that Seunghyun thought he might become diabetic anytime soon.

Throughout the entire time since Seunghyun came back to the palace, he could only stare at his food in despair. Despite the palace maids serving all his favourite food, Seunghyun lost all his appetite. He felt as if he heart was ripping into two and it pained him so much that he wanted to gauge his heart out from his .

Was he hurting because he was going to marry the princess soon? Or was he hurting because he missed jiyong too much? 

He hadn't once looked up to take a look or even glimpse at the princess. Seunghyun wasn't interested in her and the only thing that kept playing in his mind was Jiyong.

Seunghyunnie, what are you doing? Look at her, she's beautiful

There, Seunghyun heard Jiyong's voice again and as if by magic, he immediately lifted his head up. 

Right in front of his eyes was a woman wearing a purple dress with gold accessories. Seunghyun had to admit that she was beautiful especially with her big round eyes and her translucent skin; she looked just like a doll. However, Seunghyun did not feel anything for her.

His heart was dead, his heart was cold, his heart was gone.

 

Jiyong took his heart away with him 8 years ago.

 

"Oh! Your majesty is handsome." The princess gasped as she flashed seunghyun a bright and teethy smile and attempted to cover her face slightly with her palms afterwards.

Seunghyun looked at her with boredom in his eyes and sighed. In Seunghyun's perspective, this woman in front of his eyes was similar to every typical woman that he met before. Someone who judged a person based on his looks and someone who pretended to be shy, thinking that it would get the attention of men. It may have worked on Seunghyun if only Seunghyun's heart wasn't already long stolen by Jiyong. 

No matter what she did, it had no positive effect on Seunghyun. In fact, it made Seunghyun feel a sense of repulsion against her that he started hating her as she continued to praise him about his good looks whilst fluttering her fake eyelashes.

 

She was the woman that left him with no choice but to marry her in days and he detested her to the core. He could no longer have any freedom as he would be tied down by marriage and what about jiyong...? He supposed he wouldnt be able to continue waiting for jiyong after he became married.

Seunghyun knew that his mother was to be blamed as well but he could not find it in his heart to blame his own mother so he shifted all the hate to the princess instead. It was mean, he knew that. It was selfish, he knew that. It was extreme, he knew that. But who could he blame other than the princess? Seunghyun was too much of a coward to admit that it was his own mistake as well. If only he did not agree...if only he had the courage, perhaps things would've turned out differently.

 

She should've known that this marriage would be without love. This supposed beautiful and sacred bond between two people once they've tied the knot would be nothing but an absolute act with no love.

 

It was her. It was all her fault. If she hadnt agreed to the wedding, seungh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter