You are my destiny

F(x) Station - You Are My Destiny (Singapore) - slho901
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal’s pov

“Mum, you know that I don’t need a friend right? Don’t waste money on buying unnecessary, like a pet for me!” I fumed and raised my voice, crossing my hands. I could not understand why would she wasted the money that we saved up painstakingly to buy another living thing that has no value, it could not make money but still need us to spend money on it to maintain it.

 

Do you remember when our eyes first met?

I remember the uneasiness I felt at first

 

Mum ignored me and lifted something out of a red bag. That was the first time when the creature and I first met. Our eyes focused at one another, observing one another. Seeing it’s twinkling eyes, the agitated feelings that emerged magically subsided.

 

Maybe I really need new a friend afterall?

--

Even if wasn’t a destined encounter like in a movie

You came to me slowly and made me dream

 

“Hello, little fella. You are such a little cutie pie.” I was massaging my beloved blue eye Siberian Husky puppy that my mum bought for me when I scored first in my university cohort.

 

She was squirming under my “attack” and whimpering cutely.  “Aww~, you looked so adorable!” I teased and not forgetting to tickling her more. I love her a lot, she is the second most important “person” next to my mum. I treated her as part of my family.

--

 

“Darling, what should we name our cutie pie? We should not just keep calling her cutie pie right?” My mum asked while unpacking the groceries into the fridge and cupboards.

 

“Hmmm” I picked up my only friend in this world.

 

Yes, she is my only friend. Other people have problem with me, peers were green with envy having me, a single parent poor student entering into a series of prestigious and expensive schools from first grade all the way to my university.

They thought I was born intelligent and thus struck up with nose in the air but they failed to see the time when I sloughed so hard, blocking all my time in studying so that I can get full scholarship all the way.  I did not want to waste time in explaining to them and so I just continued to allocate all my time at class, library, home and my work place.

Yes, I worked while I was studying to reduce some household burdens. I thank God that He give me a pretty face for me to work as part time model since young.

 

Cutie pie made a soft whimper to get my attention.  I gazed at her with full of affections.

 

I just muttered the first word that came to my mind, “Blue!” Cutie pie matched my gaze and shook her tail as if implying liking her new name.

 

A dream that I dare not have. Now I have a friend, her name is Blue. ^_^

--

 

“Mum, don’t hurt my mum!” I shrieked out loud, stretching hands trying to affirm the burglar that we were just as broke as him and there was no more money left at home for him. The burglar who was obviously high on drug, wrapped his arms around my mum, held her as hostage and sneered, “So you money face girl, would rather keep the money and witness the death of your mum? I shall grant your wish!” He then used his pocket knife and stashed the throat of my mum.

 

People tell me that nothing stays the same

Promise me one thing

That you won’t let go of my hand

You can do that, right?

 

“MUM!” I stood rooted to the ground, my legs gave up on me and crumpled on floor lifelessly. My mum was there on the floor lifelessly as well. “Hey pretty, I might consider to let you off if you make me feel good tonight!” He smirked and approached me while ping his jeans. He pounced on me, tore my top effortlessly with his left hand and right hand snaking up my thigh. I lie there unable to face the reality that my only kin has left me. I lie there like a corpse, unable to defend myself.

 

“Ouch!” The burglar screamed as if he lost his fingers and that loud noise shook me out of trance. Blue had literally bit his fingers off! “Bark BARK!” Blue was deafeningly loud. I looked up, saw the smashed glass scattering on the floor and realised that she dashed through the kitchen’s glass to enter the living room to save me! The burglar thought that it will keep Blue from coming in to stir things up but he was wrong.He cursed and decided to attack her instead. Blue continued to make loud barking noises while dodging from the attack.

 

Then my front door burst open, men in dark blue uniform dashed in and pinned the burglar on the floor. My neighbours flew to my side and checking on me. That was when I realised that Blue stop her barking. “Blue?” I mumbled but she did not reply as she would usually do. “Blue?” I hollered with all my strength but she still did not response. My neighbour turned her head to look back and pat on my shoulder comfortingly before she slowly shifted herself away.

 

Just in front of me was a white body that was tainted with large amount of red liquid. My mind was in state of shock and I was shivering, I had only recovered when the red liquid from the white body had flowed over and touched my fingers. The liquid embraced my palms.

 

The red liquid was warm and then I realised that it was blood! I shifted my weak body and saw the white body that was then turning almost red. I covered my mouth and tears fell out as if it has it own mind. I wanted to shout but no sound came out. I pushed myself over to the 2 bodies. The dragging of my body made my hands bleed due to the shattered glass on the floor but I don't care. When reached the 2 bodies, I hugged them as if my life depended on it.

 

Only after 3 minutes, I managed to call out, "Someone! Please call the ambulance!!" “MUM! BLUE! Please don’t leave me!” I stretched out my hands and cried out loud. Only then, my tears registered the devastated sadness within me and starting streaming out on the floor.

--

I jolted up from my bed and the sunrays did not pity me either. It went right into my eyes piecing them. “Ouch! D*amn it!” I shrieked and quickly shut my eyes and rubbed them hoping to reduce the effect. Someone dashed in from the door and hugged me like a child crying for her mum. “It is ok, Mum. Just another nightmare.” I mumbled and slightly pushed her away. I am freaking 36 this year and I certainly don’t want my mum to worry for me.

 

“Sweetie, it is ok. I know you have dreamt about our cutie pie, Blue. I missed her as much as you do. She must in Heaven watching over you.” She comforted by my hair lovingly and led me into her embrace once again. I bit my upper inner lip but tears still flowed down on their own. I muttered and tasted my the salt liquid, “Blue, I missed you…”

 

Yes, thank God that my Mum did not died, she was revived in the hospital as the cut was not deep. She fainted after the burglar cut but Blue … I turned my head and looked at the photo stand next to my bed, which was with me since that fateful day that I swore not to forget. The photo was there for 10 years and no other photo can be fit to replace it.

--

 

“Krys?”

“Krystal?”

“Krystal Jung?”

“Krystal Jung Soojung?”

“KRYSTAl JUNG SOOJUNG!!!”

 

“WHAT!” I literally almost jumped out of my chair and glared at the culprit icily. Victoria’s eyes widened, rested her hands on her left chest as if protecting her heart. She took a step back. She must be really startled when I shouted at her. “I’m sorry, but you should not have screamed at me in the first place.” I reasoned but my eyes betrayed me, I looked sideway feeling guilty for my lame excuse. I knew that I must have zoned out again. It happened whenever I dreamt of Blue.

 

Victoria squatted in front of me to meet my eye level, brushed my loosen hair to the back of my left ear and comforted, “It is all right! We know how it feels.” Sulli popped her head out from her monitor and parroted Victoria’s speech while mimicking Victoria’s  action of caressing Luna’s hair who was sitting next to her , “It is all right! We know how it feels. The lost of your first love, your puppy’s love!”

 

Luna swat away the younger’s hand and chided, “Sulli, behave yourself, I am older than you!”. Then she returned her attention back to her laptop. Sulli sticked out her tongue and whined, “But Victoria is also younger than Krystal’s unnie but she still pat on the elder’s head.”

You’re the only one I need

Even if I give you my all, it’s not a waste

If you just stay, I’m okay with anything

 

She continued, “Krys, do you want to go for a check up if you are too in love with your puppy that you keep dreaming about her. This recurring dream has been haunting you since that day! Did she turn into a ghost and visiting you almost everyday? There must be a way to resolve it.”

 

“There is no need to”, I crossed my hands. “I’m perfectly fine.” I flipped my hair to display my composure. “In fact, I’m happy that she is visiting me. She is the only companion I need!”,I declared and eyed at the youngest to show my determination.

 

Sulli rebuked with raised voice, “But because of this, you did not date once in your whole life! You are always going home on time so that you can sleep before 10 pm in order to dream about her. What are you doing? Are you wasting your life away? Or are you dreaming that your puppy, Blue will magically revive and run into your embrace one day?” Sulli , Victoria and Luna focused their attention on me as if waiting for my answer.

 

So they are all worry about me?Aren’t they?

Soojung ah~

Wae are you so pathetic?

You are already 36 and a president in a modelling company yet you made your aged mum worry about you.

Your best friend secretary, Victoria

Your dongseang graphic designer, Luna

And even your maknae talent scout, Sulli worry about you.

 

I massaged my temples and shut my eyes blocking from the yearning eyes wanting answers from me. After a while, I collected my thoughts, reopened my eyes and spoke with conviction, “Please don’t be worry about me. I can handle it myself.” Then fake a smile and returned back to the piles of files in front of me signalling the con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter