Welcome to 17TV

PD-nim, Only Focus on Me

“Welcome to SeventeenTV” a man who was known to be Doogi-PD said with a smile.

                Having great interest in Media Arts after watching several Korean Variety Shows and Broadcasts, you dreamed of being a part of such amazing productions. You had a head full of creative ideas, a steady hand for cameras and very tech-savy which you thought would fit the job description. You applied to several companies who were looking for interns, being young with no experience at all it took weeks before you got word. A Korean entertainment company called Pledis was willing to take you in. It was a less known company and the pay wasn’t big but you were after the experience after all and you were ecstatic about the prospects of being a Program Director, and with that you started your move to Seoul.

                 Being so far from home, you couldn’t but help feel so small and lost in the colorful city of Seoul. After the airport, you went straight to a cab for Pledis Entertainment. You followed the directions sent via email upon acceptance. You were dropped off at a tall building in a hill part of the city. A short man in a snapback was by the entrance, seemingly waiting for someone. “Annyeong-haseyo …” you said quite timidly as you bowed, the man gave a slight look of surprise. You bit your lip hoping you didn’t screw up the words, you studied Korean but you were not so fluent. Then man laughed before helping you with your bag. “You must be the new intern, the CEO told me about you coming today. It was really lucky we found your application, we’re a little under-staffed with the broadcast” then man spoke as he lead you inside the building. “You don’t have to be so formal, call me Doogi...not really my name but everyone calls me that”

                Within minutes you were sitting in the office of the CEO of Pledis. He had a serious face and an aura of charisma. He had quite sharp eyes behind those glasses as he peered at you. “Y/N …did I say it right? Well, you’ll be interning at our company but only for one show. You’re free to leave if you don’t agree to our terms, not many stay once they start the job” You nodded your head slowly, anxious. “At Seventeen TV, you’re tasked to simply monitor the trainees and add any sort of excitement for the viewers. You will also be tasked to assist in the events the trainees will be in.” The CEO said. ‘Hey, its that’s not so bad’  You thought to yourself. “Easy enough, right? But having to watch some kids play around, sing, dance on the monitors every day for the whole day which can get boring. We’re pretty much their babysitters.” Doogi spoke up from his seat. “Its not so bad, I’m good with kids.” You said bluntly which caused the CEO and Doogi to raise an eyebrow. You were about to apologize when the CEO laughed, “Maybe they’ll listen to a pretty noona. So you agree to becoming our intern?” You nodded your head vigorously. “Wonderful. You’ll be staying at the dorms, Doogi will show you. We look forward to working with you, Y/N” The CEO stood to extend his hand which you took in both of yours, “I’ll work hard” you say with conviction.

                Outside the office, Doogi gives you a pat on the back. “You’ll be staying at the dorms, I hope you won’t mind the boys being noisy sometimes…and since it’s nearly time for the broadcast, we start your internship right now. We’ll go to the dorm later tonight together with the trainees” He says as he takes your bag to the locker area where 2 boys were placing bags in lockers. One of them actually looked your age, the deep-eyed boy with quite muscular arms which were encircled around a little boy with a snapback. They bowed at the sight of Doogi and side-glanced at you. “Seungcheol-goon, Samuel-goon, I’ll introduce her later at the practice room, now go upstairs.” He said and the boys followed but kept looking back at you. “Those are 2 of the 16 boys you’ll be taking care of” Doogi chuckled as he gave you a key to your locker, you just gave a wide-eyed stare. ‘16 boys?Thats a bit too many!’ You muttered to yourself at you placed the carry-on bag you had inside the locker and positioned your suitcase infront.

Both of you walked up to the “Practice Room”. From the outside, you could see the green walls and ceiling-to-floor mirrors through the glass doors with the Pledis logo stickered on. Doogi entered with a loud clap of his hands and the boys who were scattered around the room suddenly stood up and formed around him. You felt every eye on you and it felt really embarrassing to have so many people stare at you, especially such good-looking kids. “Who’s the pretty noona, Doogi-PD?” a small voice asked, it was the little boy. “She’s our new intern. Kids, introduce yourselves first.” Doogi said and the boys did this sort of hand gesture and shouted all of a sudden, “LIKE SEVENTEEN!”

“I’m Seventeen’s Dad, Choi Seungcheol, 95 line”

“Seventeen’s Mom, Jang Doyoon, ‘95 line” 

“Seventeen’s Eldest Maknae, Yoon Jeonghan, ‘95 line”

“Seventeen’s American Member, Hong Jisoo, ‘95 line”

“Seventeen’s Chinese member, Long-haired Wen Junhui, ‘96 line”

“Seventeen’s 10:10, Kwon Soonyoung, ‘96 line”

“Seventeen’s Lyric Poet, Jeon Wonwoo, ‘96 line”

“Seventeen’s Flower Pot, Lee Jihoon, ‘96 line”

“Seventeen’s Chinese member, Cat-eyed Yao Mingming, ‘97 line”

“Seventeen’s Rock n Roll, Lee Seokmin, ‘97 line”

“Seventeen’s Happy Vitamin, Kim Mingyu, ‘97 line”

“Seventeen’s Emotional Boo Seungkwan, ’98 line”

“Seventeen’s Mischievous Chwe Hansol, ‘98 line”

“Seventeen’s Michael Jackson, Lee Chan, ‘99 line”

“Seventeen’s Maknae line, Shin Dongjin, ‘00 line”

“Seventeen’s Smallest Person, Samuel, ‘02 line”

You stood there with an awkward smile as they finished which did take a while. You realized how the eldest was your age and the gap between the youngest was quite big. “Annyeong-haseyo, Y/N imnida” you say with a bow of your head and you hear several whispers, “omo…” “Kiyopta” “Yeppeun”

“Yeppeu-noona!” Samuel suddenly says out loud after trying to pronounce your name but kept stuttering. You had the grace to blush at the name while the boys nodded in agreement. The eldest, Seungcheol came forward and extended his hand with a slight bow which you took in the same manner. “Let’s work hard”

“Welcome to SeventeenTV” a man who was known to be Doogi-PD said with a smile.

~

~

~

~Member introductions based off from "SEVENTEEN YinYueTai Interview" and I just made up Samuel's~

So what do you think? I appreciate comments or suggestions since this my first time writing a fanfic based off actual people. I'm still not 100% sure who the main love interest would be or if I should just make separate chapters for each boy...So let me know~ This is still the test chapter and like I said, if I get feedback, I'll continue the story~