final.

Lights Out

Changkyun was never really much of an easy person to scare. You could surprise him, yeah, but after the initial shock goes away, he's already over it. He doesn't scream unless it's gory or intense. That's it.

As a child, he was creeped out by the darkness - it was inevitable. Though, he got over it gradually over the years. That's why, in this situation, instead of screaming his head off like he heard a certain person doing right now in another room, he was silently cursing under his breath. 

With a dead phone and no wifi to keep him busy on his laptop, Changkyun needed to find a different form of entertainment. And light, because he could not see a thing. Then his mind returned to the grown- child in the room next to him.

Chuckling to himself, he decided he could just scare Jooheon for fun. This was the definition of an evil maknae, right here.

In case you didn't already know, Jooheon is one of the biggest chicken-hearted people you could ever meet and the fact that he could be this intimidating rapper at the same time made it so much better. I'm serious, you could probably breathe a little too loud and he'd flinch.

Using this knowledge to his convenience, Changkyun stealthily slid out of the room and felt his way towards the other bedroom of the house - the one where the older rapper currently resided. He could hear Jooheon calling out his name.

"Ya Changkyun come here, hurry. Please, please, please, I'm all alone and I really don't - "

Before he could finish his statement Changkyun had busted the door open with a loud bang and yelled out a bunch of gibberish. It didn't matter what he said because he yelled so loud Jooheon almost straight pissed himself.  Jooheon was so frightened that the only sounds that followed were Jooheon's screams and Changkyun's laughter. He was practically rolling on the floor.

"Ah, what the , oh my god, Changkyun, why would you do tha - " He whimpers and Changkyun's laughter almost doubles. 

Soon the room is only filled with Jooheon's frightened whimpers and Changkyun feels a little bad watching the older's figure struggle to find the maknae. He quickly walks towards what he thinks is Jooheon and ends up smacking his forehead against the frame of one of the bunks.

"Argh!" he yells out in pain, clutching his forehead in his left hand and massaging it lightly. It hurt like a and to make it even better, he felt Jooheon's hand come in rough contact with the back of his head. Another yell.

Jooheon's voice sounds annoyed but more than that he sounds scared. "You deserved that, you little ." Jooheon then sighs tiredly and though he doesn't want to be glad that Changkyun is here with him, he is. A shaky hand is grabbing at the back of Changkyun's shirt without mercy.

Changkyun lets out one last groan before he decides nothing else can be done about his throbbing head. He turns around so that he's facing Jooheon and when he reaches out to place his hands on his shoulders he instead feels something wet.

"Hey, are you crying?" he asks quietly but Jooheon can hear the slight concern lacing his words. If the light we're still on Changkyun might've caught the tinge of red dotting his cheeks right now - usually Jooheon was the one taking care of their maknae. Not the other way around.

"Just a little," Jooheon removes his hands from his cheeks with his free hand. He's afraid to let go of the other boy's shirt in fear of losing him.

"Everything will be fine, Hyung." Changkyun promises. "Do you wanna just sleep until the storm's over?" He didn't know how else they could pass their time.

Jooheon nods at that, momentarily forgetting Changkyun couldn't see him very well, but it was enough. The next thing he knew he was being pulled into the bottom bunk. 

Changkyun doesn't know how he can comfort his hyung, now feeling a little ashamed for scaring him earlier. A small part of him betrayed these thoughts, what do you mean "ashamed"? you get to hold jooheon in your arms tonight! He shook the voice from his head.

He was never the one to initiate anything between them. Jooheon knew this as well, because after a few moments of listening to the other's breathing, he took action himself.

The hand that was still grasping at Changkyun's shirt was now releasing said fabric, and instead, he used it to pull Changkyun's skinny arms around his frame. He may have not been the strongest like Wonho or Shownu, but Jooheon was giddy from the fact that it was Changkyun holding him.

Changkyun took his initiative and tightened his hold on his hyung, pulling him closer into his arms. It might have looked silly from any other perspective - Jooheon being taller than Changkyun - but both of them didn't really seem to mind.

It was easy to find sleep as an idol with the hectic schedules. Changkyun was the first to fall asleep and Jooheon soon followed after steadily counting the younger's even breaths.

No one questioned the bruise on Changkyun's forehead when they came back from recording, or the fact that when the lights finally they found their two youngest cuddling each other to death in their sleep.

--

i know this is trash ok but i just needed to write something i had the urge but my brain is all fuzzy from my nap so we get this piece of garbage

- vic