Prompt #83 - Rain

The Heart Knows - JOONGKI/HYEKYO PROMPT CHALLENGE
Title: Rain
Fandom: Descendants of the Sun
Characters: Song JoongKi, Song HyeKyo
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: I don't own these two, if I do, they'd be married and having loads of beautiful babies by now. 
Prompts: {Tabel B}
Genre: Romance/Fluff
Notes: Based on this artwork by psarah_lisol  

 

“It’s gonna be rain today…"

Hyekyo chuckled at his bizarre statement. She looked outside her apartment. “It’s sunny in here…"

“I tell you, it’s gonna be rain today…"

“And where do you get that info?” 

“On the news, they said New York’s weather today is gonna be raining all day."

“No, it’s not. It’s sunny and I’m going out.”

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you. I did warn you, but you’re too stubborn.” She could hear him sighing in the end of the line. She could picture his annoyed face while talking to her on the phone. She could hear the dimmed conversations at the background. He was still in the set, shooting for his new CF. He was planning to go with her earlier, but the shooting schedule got moved up early so he had to adjust his whole schedule. In the end, she went to New York alone and been staying there for the last few days. 

Hyekyo smiled despite them being on the phone and not able to see each others. “I’ll take my risk."

Joongki chuckled. They continued to talk as Hyekyo reached for her coat and bag. It was fall here in New York. Despite of what Joongki said about the weather, it was a sunny day, just like days before. 

“How’s the shooting?” Hyekyo asked as she maneuvered herself into her coat while juggling with her iPhone. 

“It’s good… Do you know that I get to shoot it with an actress, a beau~~~tiful actress?” 

She chuckled. He always did that, at first she was annoyed but then, he was all about bluffing. She knew how much he felt for her. But he was such a prankster and really funny guy, so she let him be.  

“Yeah, yeah… I know. Have fun!"

Joongki exhaled exaggeratedly. “Sometimes I don’t think you love me as much as I love you."

Hyekyo’s heart warmed instantly at Joongki’s words. They’d been dating for awhile and just started being honest with each other’s feeling. It was still an alien thing for her, even though she dated a lot in her youth, foolish day. The feeling of completely and irrevocably in love with someone, and how much this someone changed her for good. She was always an introvert, trying her best not to get into a spotlight even though she was working under that spotlight. Those bitter experiences with media scrutiny over her personal and professional life made her what she was, for years. And he came into her life, completely changed her and she was grateful for him. 

“Hyekyo? Love? Are you there?"

“Yes…” Hyekyo sniffed. 

“Baby? Are you okay? You sound weird. You don’t suppose I would cheat on you with that actress, right? I mean, no way! No way I would cheat on you, like EVER!” Joongki sounded panicked. 

Hyekyo smiled. “You’re so cute."

Joongki laughed. “I said, don’t call me cute.” His tone was threatening in a playful way. 

“Cute, cute, cute! My cutie pie, Joongki-ya…"

“Yaaaa!" 

“Cute baby, my cute baby…” Hyekyo continued to tease Joongki as she stepped outside her apartment building. Cold New York fall breeze greeted her body immediately. She shivered under her coat and regretted that she didn’t choose the thicker one. 

“Stop it!"

Hyekyo laughed. She felt so free and so loved. “I love you,” she blurted out. “I love you, more than you know."

The other line was silent, Hyekyo could hear a hitch of breath when she professed her love to him. She was relieved knowing that the feeling was the same for him. “I love you more."

“Nah, I love you even more."

“No way, I love you even even more."

Hyekyo laughed so loud that some pedestrians looked at her at once. “Stop for now. We’re being ridiculous."

Joongki’s laugh was like a song to her ear. “Yes, ridiculously in love."

Hyekyo groaned and could feel her face reddened. “Stop it! It’s embarrassing, you know?” Hyekyo’s words trailed as she felt something fall onto her cheek. She looked up to the sky and to her amazement, raindrops started falling from the sky, confirming Joongki’s rain prediction. 

“Wow!"

“What?"

“You’re right. It’s raining…” Hyekyo closed her eyes as she felt the raindrops fell down on her. 

It was brief silence before Joongki’s voice floated in her ear, so close, so real. “I told you so."

Hyekyo opened her eyes and gaped as she saw a smiling Joongki in front of her, leaning so close to her. 

“Joongki!” Hyekyo exclaimed, automatically wounded her arms around Joongki’s neck and hugged him so tightly. 

Joongki laughed and hugged her even tighter. Rain started pouring down but they kept hugging tightly. 

“How?” Hyekyo pulled away and hit him hard. 

“Ow!” Joongki staggered back but didn’t let go of his hold. He pulled Hyekyo even closer. 

“How do you even get here? How?” Hyekyo looked so annoyed but she couldn’t hide a smile off her face. She was relieved to see Joongki here, with her. 

“The filming done earlier yesterday, I caught the last flight,” Joongki answered with a smile. He caressed the side of her face lovingly. God, he missed her so much! 

Hyekyo pouted. “I hate you!"

“No, you love me…” Joongki smiled mischievously.

Hyekyo kept pouting but then broke into a smile. “Yes, I love you, you babo!"

Joongki returned her smile and swooped in for a kiss, which Hyekyo was so willingly to return. 

~~~