Teardrops On My Guitar

Songs About Love

This chapter was inspired by Taylor Swift's Teardrops On My Guitar.

There she is, Jae thought to himself as he watch the big screen. His eyes are small so no one could read his real emotions. Truth be told, he was giddy inside. No doubt the woman he is staring at right now looked mightily gorgeous in a slick black dress with the right amount of sparkles and flare. She has the most beautiful smile painted on her face and she hair were pulled into a loose bun which he adores. She looked as elegant and sweet as she is in real life. A few noises on his left distracted him slightly but he focused back on the television. There was no way he is going to miss this moment. 

"Whoa, she looks pretty." Wonpil exclaimed as he stepped into the living room. In a sudden, every noise stop and all eyes focused on the screen. 

"I still can't believe you know her." Brian stated, crossing his leg as he took a seat in front of the couch. The others hummed in agreement. Indeed Jae knew her. He knew her very well. He has her number. She was the one who encouraged him to audition in South Korea. But to others it may be a bit farfetched for someone like him to know someone so big like Lydia Lee - the first Asian to ever bagged an Oscar. Moreover, she also won the prestigious award two years in a row. And to think the people that she hangs around with, Jae just doesn't seem to fit the bill. 

To begin with, Jae is a nobody. Physically, he looks like one of those awkward, intelligent, tall and scrawny Asian boy who probably can't sing nor is he able to hold a bat. One look at him, no one would believe he is friends with Lydia Lee. But he has already defined others' perception of him as he can sing very well and he may not be able to hold a bat, but he can definitely swing a racket. How he wish he could prove people wrong about his friendship with Lydia. How he wish he could have more than just a friendship with Lydia.

Back before he became a senior in High School, Jae met with this beautiful counsellor in one of his Summer Camp - a performing arts summer camp dedicated to youth with an interest for the performing arts. On his first day at camp during lunch, a girl, of course a few years older than him, came and took a seat just next to him. She was, to him, beautiful. He knew immediately she was Asian, she had the features. However, he also knew that she was of mixed race. But he didn't care about her race or her skin. She was beautiful and sweet and she took a seat just next to him. He couldn't recall if she was one of the music counsellors because he could have remembered her face. That was when he found out she was from the actor team. They may have been divided by their interests but during lunch or breaks, they are allowed to ahng out with anyone they want and counsellors are encouraged to mix up their social network. On that day, she chose him. That day, he was head over heels for her. There was something about her and he spent the rest of his years from that day on camp till now thinking about her. 

Now there she was, smiling and posing in a beautiful sparkling black dress that accentuates her full hourglass figure and her striking features. To some she may seem mediocre but to Jae, she was a work of art. She was beautiful no matter what angle the camera was facing on her. Just as he got excited to see her walking beautifully along the red carpet, the hand that wrapped around her waist at that moment, drains out all of the energy that he had. It was just like a well blown balloon being prick by a needle and the air slowly seeps out. The man standing next to her, escorting her, was a good looking man. There was no denying it. And when compared, Jae was no where as good looking or as successful as he was. Huffing silently in frustration, Jae stood up from his spot on the floor and may his way to the kitchen. Jae stood by the sink and look out to his own reflection by the window. No matter how successful he will be in the future, he knew Lydia will never look at him the way she did to the man she is currently dating now. Her life is well complete and too perfect for Jae to be a part of.